The venue for the live chats with our awesome partners!

KLSNaturals Takeover Thread

12 replies, 7 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of KL's Naturals
    KL’s Naturals
    Participant
    @KLSNaturals

All questions about hair, natural or otherwise will be entertained here.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile gravatar of Nicole Nicole.
    Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Hello Kemi, is there any hope for thinning hair? Are there products you can advise for fine, thin relaxed hair?
    All my life, my hair has been healthy thanks to my mom who instilled deep condition every 2 weeks but once its very long it’s so thin, same as my mom’s hair. For her age, her hair is so long but thin like 2 fingers, hence i prefer having bob hair length.
    I recently grew out my hair to almost bra length but the comments that flooded my life was thin = weak. I gave up and cut it again to APL.
    I deepcon with moisture/protein – weekly/monthly depending, do crotchet or wig for protective styling so i don’t do a lot of manipulation.
    I am tempted to try texlaxing or go natural, but the time i spend on my relaxed hair makes me scared i would spend much more time on those hence the hesitation.

Many Thanks :good:

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile gravatar of Bos Bos.
    Profile gravatar of RITA OKOYE
    RITA OKOYE
    Participant
    @Goldenpearl

Ma, how best can one deal with a dry skin and what are the products that one can use to suit such skin type

Profile gravatar of Anita Remmy
    Anita Remmy
    Participant
    @Anitta

Today na my name o :yahoo:   :yahoo: . I get to talk about my skin and hair. Okay, here’s my question,  KLSnaturals @klsnaturals I have gone natural because my hair wasn’t growing. Well it is still not growing, even though I’m not a product junkie.

What simple routine, do you think, I can use to get my hair to grow.

KL’s Naturals
    Participant
    @KLSNaturals

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine
    KL’s Naturals
    Participant
    @KLSNaturals

@bosa – hi! So it sounds like your stands are very fine and cannot really withstand the rigors of a chemical service. The thing with relaxers is that hey are supposed to be used to relax the hair to only about a 65-75% level of straightness but most salons leave it on for too long, achieving 100% which over time begins to thin the hair out. You sound like you have a good regimen going for you already so I would say transition to either texlax or natural over a period of time because your thin hair will not become thickened with the use of a product. Hope that helps!

KL’s Naturals
    Participant
    @KLSNaturals

@anitta hello! First I would say that hair responds to what you’re doing (or not doing) to it. Going natural is not a guarantee that your hair will become longer if the issue was bad hair practices when you had relaxed hair.  Secondly – hair is always growing. If you’re not seeing length then it means that the hair is breaking off at the same or a faster rate than its growing ( barring any medical issues) so if your health is good ( no hormonal imbalances, thyroid issues and strong medication) then I would say we need to focus on length retention. A simple regimen would be to wash and deep condition ( moisture based) every 2 weeks, protein deep conditioner once a month, moisturize with a water based moisturizer every 1 – 3 days and use a little natural oil or butter on that to lock the moisture in. Wear a satin scarf or bonnet at night to prevent friction and drying from your cotton pillowcase and make sure your hair is in styles that prevent you from manipulating and combing too often. Also keep direct heat usage ( blow dryers and flat irons) to the barest minimum or eliminate it all together. All the best!

KL’s Naturals
    Participant
    @KLSNaturals

@bosa – quick addition. Try the Syntonics line. It’s a great line for fine hair. I also forgot to mention that you should keep direct hear usage to a very bare minimum. Air dry or roller set instead of blow dryers and flat irons.

Profile gravatar of Elle
    Elle
    Participant
    @elle

@klsnaturals Hiya….So i am not keen on length. Is there any thing i can do to make my hair fuller. I relax my hair every quarter or so. Started steaming my hair regularly but not seeing anything positive yet. Thanks

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@klsnaturals thanks for the tips. I relax at a HHJ salons so my hair is hardly over processed. Wondrous uses Nairobi products, do you use the syntonics products? I only air dry or roller set. Hair started to thin much more cos of thyroid issue so not sure this is the right time to make a major change but manage it till that is settled. I shld visit for a crotchet hookup then you can assess and advise.  :good:

Profile gravatar of Xavier
    Xavier
    Participant
    @Chixavier

:cry:  not fair, u did not mention me so I ddnt get to ask my questions @oluwakemine @nicole

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Awww, I’m so sorry Sweetie, Xavier @chixavier. I will be sure to tag you next time.  :hugs:   :hugs:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.