The venue for the live chats with our awesome partners!

Jagabeauty Takeover Thread

33 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Anita Remmy Anita Remmy 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Jaga Beauty
    Jaga Beauty
    Participant
    @jagabeauty

Hi Anita  . You are welcome.  When you walk into a beauty store to buy your foundation, please request for a swatch even if the attendant is a pro, just so you can be double sure. Best place for the swatch is your jaw line close to your neck. So you have a colour not different from the rest of your body at the end of the day.

Jaga Beauty
    Participant
    @jagabeauty

You are welcome Kemi

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Thank you Jagabeauty @jagabeauty for answering our questions for today. :heart:   :heart:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hi ladies, Ngozi of @jagabeauty is in the house and will be answering all our questions about make up.

What I would like to know is the basics of contouring.

cc: @nicole @bosa @stiieez s @misi @oluchi @esha @bibi@osato  @angel @lizzy @chyfaith @nadia @nekkyg  @eniola @elle @oyinpd@rabeeyat @tynah @tighocharles @jasmine @fifi  @wemi @jasmine @eka @mrsciw @naaadzane @fruitful .

Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@jagabeauty, so glad to have you back  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

My question is on matte lipstick. No matter how much moisturizing base I use, I find it tends to dry after a while. How can I stop this?

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello ladies, Our beauty and style Takeover continues today and our partner @jagabeauty is online to answer all your make up questions.

Jagabeauty @jagabeauty, thank you for coming on today. We got some questions from last week.  Here they are:

“What I would like to know is the basics of contouring.”

“My question is on matte lipstick. No matter how much moisturizing base I use, I find it tends to dry after a while. How can I stop this?”

cc: @nicole @bosa @stiieez s @misi @oluchi @esha@bibi@osato  @angel @lizzy @chyfaith @nadia @nekkyg  @eniola @elle @oyinpd@rabeeyat @tynah @tighocharles @jasmine @fifi  @wemi @jasmine @eka @mrsciw @naaadzane @fruitful . @abeemah @missamerley @chixavier @babispice22 @chevvy3 @mrslafiaji

Jaga Beauty
    Participant
    @jagabeauty

Hello ladies my apologies for my absence last week it was due to technical challenges .

So I’ll begin to answer your questions

Jaga Beauty
    Participant
    @jagabeauty

Let me begin with the question of the matte Lipstick question, The dryness of the matte lipstick solely depends on the brand of the lipstick. This is a truth I have come to conclude based on my experince. There are some really good brands that aren’t even so expensive that dry up but in a comfortable way. E.g Character and Ease…

Profile gravatar of Sewe
    Sewe
    Participant
    @Sewe

Hi @jagabeauty. Although, the harmattan isn’t out, my skin feels drier and tighter than usual, any help?

Profile gravatar of Anita Remmy
    Anita Remmy
    Participant
    @Anitta

Good to have you back @jagabeauty. I want to try change my looks this festive season, like move from my almost nude make-up to vibrant and wicked colours, how do you think, I can do that.  And …erm, I’m pregnant and the nose is very big.  B-)

Jaga Beauty
    Participant
    @jagabeauty

So choose brands that dry out smooth  . You can try it out on your hands.

Jaga Beauty
    Participant
    @jagabeauty

On the basics of contouring.

First determine the shape of your face, oval, round, square, long, heart or diamond and then yoh know what part of your face to contour.

However note that when we contour our aim is to achieve an oval shaped face. So if your face is round for instance , your plan will be to contour (shade in) your temples and your cheeks so you create an illusion of a slimer face.

Contour can be done with powder or concealer 2 or 3 shades darker.

Jaga Beauty
    Participant
    @jagabeauty

Hi Sewe.  Thanks for hour question. Did you change your cream?.. you may have a combination skin, e.g Dry and Normal.

So you might need a cream with a little more moisture.

Otherwise you can mix your cream with a little bit of rose oil

Jaga Beauty
    Participant
    @jagabeauty

Hi Anita. Thank you and I’m glad to be back too. Lol on your nose… congrats on your being a preggo mama. First I’ll like to know the colour of your complexion. Then ill be able to suggest colours suitable.

For your nose … lol. Contouring will help .

Profile gravatar of Sewe
    Sewe
    Participant
    @Sewe

Thanks @jagabeauty. I didn’t change and you are quite right about that combination skin. I guess I will go with the Rose oil.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.