Group to discuss everything….and anything!

What do you think, ladies?

21 replies, 7 voices Last updated by  Nicole 1 year ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

What do you ladies think of Menstrual Cups?

A friend of mine is doing some research on the product, and if women are open to using them, in place of sanitary towels and/or tampons.

According to her, pads and tampons contain chemicals and bleach that aren’t good for us, and using a biodegradable cup is supposed to be a good alternative. The product she is researching can last for up to 12 hours, for women with heavy flow, and they are also reusable, and quite hygenic.

Hmmmmm!

Me I don’t know oh! Would you?

cc: @oluwakemine,  @adaoraa@mimibabe@reggy@eggy@pearl@bosa@mrs-al@mabel@oluchi@hephziba@jtakshoniwa@mo@dew@annie@chynwe@zintos@yetty@hephziba@ma8312000,@ollie@hadassaha@bigmummy,  @jewel@babe@ehby@myde@princess@olam@chiko@tommies,@pinkstrawberry@mrsd@sommie@chymdee@cynthia027@boateng @estarib@bigmummy@binta@beebee,  @bibi@osi4jc@jessy@adaezewrites,  @paula@fifi,@iyawodiipo@nadia@kenechukwu@goldie@ama ,@sherry@kenny@naablema33,  @osedblessed@tinc@naaadzane@victorsmum@machylicious@crystal@mavis_brown,  @mamaz@sisinene@adoma@femaleigboarchitect@sisiseyi@ruqayyaimam@marikas-mum@oluwasehun@mavis_brown

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

You mean, I will put that thing inside me :-)   :-) Hmmm, I don’t think so, give me a sanitary pad any day. But then, that’s what I’m used to. I will need a lot more convincing to try this cup thingy, apart from it’s being biodegradeable.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@nicole, Honestly…I will analyse this topic the way I percieve it backing it up with my little experiences/backgrounds.

Firstly as a Local Yoruba girl…its a no go area. Inserting kini… What if it someone inserts it and you go and disvirgin oneself :haha: ( I know its a myth but this are the challenges such products will face in our clime).

Secondly as an adventurous person…I would love to give it a try. But truthfully, I hate discomfort down there. :yes: Removing it can be messy…Imagine you pour blood out and no water to rinse and you replace it back…Jesus…thats gross.. :growlmad:

Thirdly as a health advocate…I can recommend it to some developed society but not Africa because general hygiene and maintaince is lacking and we need lots of things in place before introducing ”sophisticated” product like menstrual cups.

Furthermore as a research scientist…there are still lots of drawbacks to products like this and even those(evidences) available aren’t for the public yet in other words they are classified.

In conclusion…Its left for individuals to make those choices but trust me every product you make use of or insert into your body has its own pros and cons. :yes:

Adaora
    Participant
    @AdaoraA

No o I won’t use as my flow is too heavy and I won’t want to have blood down there for so long.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@oluwakemine, @pearl, and @adaoraa, I tire oh! Those were my sentiments exactly. But as I am particularly squeamish (I can’t even do tampons), I said I should ask my sisters, so it won’t be like I was trashing her idea.

The thought of having to wash it after 12 hours makes me want to just throw up, thinking about the mess! Eeeeeuuugh! And when she said I could keep it for 3 years, I was like “That’s not an incentive!!!!!!!!!!!”

I wish her luck ojare!

Thanks my darlings  :hugs:   :hugs:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

:haha: :haha:   :haha:

@nicole : …I can’t do tampons too…Its good you asked others so it wont be like you are trashing her idea which might hurt your friend.

Wishing her all the best. :friends:

Grace
    Participant
    @iyawodiipo

Am just thinking how its been used though(but based on the pictures above i guess i will have to insert it inside my veegay abi?)No Ma’am   :negative:  i aint interested and the fact that it is even re-usable is a no no for me :nope: :nope: @nicole

Oyefunke Jolly
    Participant
    @Aadetoyin

:wacko: Hmmmm. It’s kinda tricky but I don’t mind trying it out.I actually use tampon, I get all itchy with sanitary pads.

Using the menstrual cup sounds somehow. What happens when I want to sleep at night, does the blood just pour right back. Eewwwww am not sure if it’s hygienic jare. Seems somehow.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hi Pearl @pearl, here is the thread you mentioned earlier.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@oluwakemine, thanks a trillion for tagging me again.

Just curious @nicole is your friend now distributing/selling menstrual cups or she ditched the idea?

I just got to know that although they are supposed to be made from medical silicone, some of the menstrual cups aren’t 100% medical silicone; which brings me to resurrecting this thread to ask.

Also, have anyone used menstrual cups or any reuseable feminine hygiene products. Please, would love to know. Thanks in Advance and hoping to read from you all soonest.

@oluwakemine,  @adaoraa@mimibabe@reggy@eggy@pearl@bosa@mrs-al@mabel@oluchi@hephziba@jtakshoniwa, @salamigirl3k, @elsiano, @eby, @emaimo, @ddo, @akosua, @nicole, @nadia

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Well, for me, reusable sanitary products hold no appeal whatsoever, so, I don’t bother Pearl @pearl

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

:cry: :cry:   :cry: @oluwakemine why? Is it because of the sighting of blood or what. :unsure:

Ladies please lets have your views/perspectives about the use of reuseable sanitary product specifically for menstruation.

@adaoraa@mimibabe@reggy@eggy@bosa@mrs-al@mabel@oluchi@hephziba@jtakshoniwa, @salamigirl3k, @elsiano, @eby, @emaimo, @ddo, @akosua, @nicole, @nadia

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

No, I’m not that queasy about blood, I just feel its not hygienic. I started out using sanitary pads and have never felt a need to explore re-usable options @pearl.

I feel the same way with re-usable diapers. I used it and it was only good for a while, soon, I just couldn’t be bothered with the washing and trying to keep everything clean and hygienic. Abeg, back to disposable diapers.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@pearl, she shelved that idea oh. There were too many people who gave it the  :negative:

And I’m with @oluwakemine on this one oh. The thought of it just makes me feel queasy! I’d really rather not. Why do you prefer them?

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Prefer…? @nicole

Just researching and looking into other options for ladies, pros and cons, availability, prices, location, e.t.c

By the way there is a company selling one at the moment in Nigeria, I think they make them as well; not sure though but they seems to have customers both in and out and am wondering why the shift from disposable pads to reusable cups in Nigeria. Also, she seems to be the maker of the cup you posted earlier which in my opinion has more cons than pros from my research.**Not spoiling thier market in anyway rather stating the obvious.**

cc: @oluwakemine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.