Our favourite TTC, Pregnancy, Parenting, and Fitness Countdowns!

What Celebrities Have Said About Breastfeeding

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by  Oluwakemi 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

You have probably come across this photo of super model, Gisele Bundchen, breast feeding her then one year old daughter, while being prepped for an appearance, with one person working on her free hand, another doing her hair, while another applying her make up.

Meanwhile Gisele looked serene in the midst of the obviously hectic situation, as she breastfed her child

She had shared the picture on Twitter and Instagram on December 10th, 2013, with the caption, “What would I do without this beauty squad, after 15 hours of flying and only 3 hours of sleep?”

And for good measure, she also added the hashtag ‘#multitasking.

That picture was an empowering picture for women that, indeed, you can do your best, whatever the situation that is thrown at you. That picture is still one of my favourite celebrity breastfeeding pictures.

However, Gisele comes with controversy. You may agree or not with her opinion on breast feeding, but I will allow you come to that conclusion by yourself.

Of course, she’s the first celeb, we will be mentioning.

Gisele Bundchen

Gisele attracted much controversy years ago when she announced haughtily that it should be illegal for mothers not to feed their children the way nature intended until they were at least six months old.

“There should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breastfeed their babies,” she told a fashion magazine.

“I think breastfeeding really helped,” she said. “Some people think they don’t have to breastfeed. I think: “Are you going to give chemical food to your child, when they are so little?”

At least with the supermodel and mother of two, you know exactly where you stand. Whether it’s just that she’s out of touch with the realities of the common man, or truly believes what she says, one might never really know with Gisele.

Click here for the rest of the story

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.