Our favourite TTC, Pregnancy, Parenting, and Fitness Countdowns!

Celebrities Who Have Shared Their Infertility Struggles 

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by  Oluwakemi 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

This is the Global Infertility Awareness Week, and quite a few celebrities have shared their infertility struggles with the world.

With these celebrities sharing their stories, infertility is gradually leaving the realms of taboo topics of discussion for the mainstream, but it is still a long way from where it should be, considering how much it is a part of our society. However, it is moving in the right direction.

Latest figures say 1 in 8 persons would suffer infertility, so here’s the ‘1 in 8’ from the world of celebrities, both in home and away.

Jennifer Aniston

This all-time favourite actress of mine, Jennifer, is now happily married but had one time or the other been embroiled in pregnancy rumours, when the belly watchers decided to she just had to be pregnant.

This prompted her to write a piece in Allure regarding her infertility struggle and here’s what she wrote:

“I don’t like [the pressure] that people put on me, on women — that you’ve failed yourself as a female because you haven’t procreated. I don’t think it’s fair. You may not have a child come out of your vagina, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t mothering—dogs, friends, friends’ children … This continually is said about me: that I was so career-driven and focused on myself, that I don’t want to be a mother, and how selfish that is … No. Even saying it gets me a little tight in my throat.”

Click here for the rest of the story

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.