Sharing all the joys, stress, excitement and worries of the various stages of pregnancy!

The Joy of our Pains

15 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Bos 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Ego @egobaby, you can copy and paste your thoughts in this thread.

Ego
    Participant
    @egobaby

Thank God for the journey so far. He is merciful. I was at the hospital for antenatal on Thursday and my weight had dropped. I guess it’s a miracle. From 76kg to 72kg. I could not believe my eyes and I had to ask the nurses to check again. Alas, it’s the same thing. The doctor pinned it down to my diet which comprises more of fruits such as water Melon 🍉 , garden eggs, oranges 🍊n guavas.

Another secret recipe my mum came up with was something my late grand mum who was a local midwife back in d days used to recommend to pregnant women. It’s garden egg leaf sauce. It is prepared without salt n Maggi. It’s used to remove excess fluid n prevent swellings. That’s mainly the soup I use now. I guess all that combined is helping with the weight.

Doing fine and counting down. Everything according to the doctors is in tip top shape. Looking forward to my next antenatal

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Operation #fitfam going great @egobaby. :good:   :good:

So, does this garden egg leaf sauce work well on non -pregnant ladies? Just wondering. :headspin:

cc: @nicole @pearl

Ego
    Participant
    @egobaby

@oluwakemi I bet it would work too. Maybe u should try it though it is tasteless. At first when I started on it I used to urinate too much but now it has reduced. That’s my cleanser. I try to stay away from junk. I have missed bread 🍞 all this months and ice cream now is a no no. My mum is on hand to make sure my diet is not tampered with. She feels it will be easier to get back in shape if I don’t have much to shed n hubby is agreeing.

Next antenatal is on 24th n I bet I will add a little. PCV is @36%.  :yahoo:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Great news @egobaby. Between your mom and your hubby, I don’t think, you will be adding anymore weight.

You have to share the recipe of the sauce. It may help someone and me :bodyb:   :bodyb:

Ego
    Participant
    @egobaby

Hmmmmm! I know you are all wondering where I have been. Well been resting as nothing is happening. We are progressing fine. I am just generally enjoying the attention from hubby n my mum. I still work but you know how Nigerians are with preggies. Everyone has an advise for you. Some will tell you to take it easy while others will ask you to exercise. In all these, the attention is cool. I am generally looking forward to the d day. I can’t wait to unwrap my present

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:yes: :yes:  You bet, I have been wondering where you went to oh @egobaby.  Mehn, you need that rest now, before everything else change oh.

Enjoy the attention and as for the unsolicited advice…well, at this stage, everyone has an opinion. Biko, continue working out, just don’t  overdo it. I know, :dohh: that’s another unsolicited advice. :haha:   :haha:

:cloud9: :cloud9:   :plane:   :plane:  This present shall be unwrapped soon.

Ego
    Participant
    @egobaby

Yay! My princess is her weighing 3.6kg. She showed on the 5th of October 3 days to her brother’s second birthday. I am over the moon. I can’t keep it quiet cos God was faithful. Hers was the easiest and fastest birth I have ever seen. Barely 20 minutes after I stepped into the labour room she came screaming out. Thankfully I did not have any tear. My doctors did not make it to her birth but nothing spoil. Join me thank God

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Congratulations Ego @egobaby :wohoo:   :wohoo:

Wow, she’s a big baby oh. Please send loads of kisses to her and her big brother too. Enjoy this new momma phase again. :heart:

cc: @nicole

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Huge congrats, Ego @egobaby  :cloud9: :cloud9: :pink: :pink:

Ego
    Participant
    @egobaby

Thanks my people. I truely appreciate. Like I posted earlier Ada’s birth is the easiest I have seen n despite the devil trying to steal my joy I am happy n believe it will all end in praise.

i went to bed on the 4th of October and at about 2am I felt pressed n went to relieve myself , despite the fact that I felt like purging nothing came out. I laid down again n promptly fell asleep till past 4 when I started purging which I did twice after which contraction started. Since I had been having contractions over the past weeks I did not think it was d real deal. By quarter to 6 I started timing the contraction n noted that it was coming every 4 minutes n lasting for a minute 5 seconds but my water was not broken neither did I get any bloody show. I called my doctor n notified him n he advised that i go to the hospital. I took my birth n let my hubby drive me to the hospital. We drove in at 7:27am. Went to the Private wing to get my folder to the birthing suite to be checked out. By the time I settled in it was 7:37am. The doctor on night duty checked me out n told me I was 8cm dialated already. Omo! Na so rushing start. My baby came out at exactly 8:01am.

I was over the moon till my doctor walked in and showed me my baby’s foot. She had club foot. I did not know what to do. I wanted to cry but held myself. My beautiful baby… my mini me… daddy’s love had club foot. Why my baby? Every other child born that day was perfect y was mine different. My doctor made the orthopedic see us the next day n pyscio started immediately. She was placed on cast n I was assured she will be perfect in d end. I am optimistic. She is too beautiful to be anything less.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thanks for sharing, @egobaby. You were really a Hebrew woman, with that kind of sharp shape birth. Congrats dear!

And club foot or not, she’s still a beautiful, precious angel. With the right care and attention, I’m sure she’ll be just fine  :heart:   :heart:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Indeed, she’s too beautiful to be anything other than who she is.  Ego @egobaby, our Ada will be just fine at the end of the day, especially with treatment starting so early and God on your side.

You are one favoured woman oh, your birth experience is just so smooth, no screaming match. Baby is very very nice. Thank you for sharing with us. :heart: :heart: How’s the orthopeadic treatment coming along?

Ego
    Participant
    @egobaby

Her pyscio comes up every Friday. We went last Friday and had her cast taken out. Her foot had straightened out. It looked better than it did at birth and she had another put on though I can’t bear her tears. She is turning out to look like me.  :yahoo: my hubby is jealous. My son has adjusted to her. He calls her Ada ooo. N enjoys it wen she is awake n is crying which he thinks is karate.

She has not been having a proper bath though cos of her cast. I also noticed that so many children has this issue. I have read up on this n still wonder about the real cause. I bet mine will end in praise. Enjoying my omugwo while trying not to get fat.  :yes:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

That’s some good news already Ego @egobaby :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   So, you were rooting for her to look like you ehen?  :haha:   :haha:   God for you but she’s still her Daddy’s girl. Your son thinks his sister’s pumping limbs looks like karate…goodness me, children and their perception sha. :baby: Looks like home is sweet oh…keep it that way and it’s already ending in praise Ego :angel:   :angel:

As for getting fat, now, I can’t help you with that, only you can. Enjoy the omugwo :hugs:   :hugs:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.