Sharing all the joys, stress, excitement and worries of the various stages of pregnancy!

2nd Trimester Support Group

105 replies, 14 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Traci
    Traci
    Participant
    @SalamiGirl3K

@oluwakemine

Wow. I will do my best with my mood. I don’t want to be known as an angry preggo lady.

Preparations are underway but I cannot put together the nursery until we move into our new home. Imagine the anxiety with doing everything last minute! We move 6 weeks before the EDD!  Perhaps that is why I’m irritable at the moment.  But there is nothing I can do about that so I will just try to relax and keep shopping lol. My Mom keeps telling me to stop shopping for baby because I will get so much from the baby shower but I can’t help myself. I thank God for everything and will count my blessings. @nicole

Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@salamigirl3k, necessity is most definitely the mother of invention :haha:. Who would thunk it? A blow dryer as solution to achy boobs. You just might have come up with something here  ;-)   ;-) . In fact, you might need to patent it  :mail:

So sorry you’ve been cranky hun…but don’t beat yourself up about it. Those hormones are something else! Now that you’re in 3rd tri (YAY!!!), you’re in the home stretch. In a few weeks, your LO will be here  :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:

So sorry you have to move so soon to your EDD hun. But I trust my Naija brother…I’m sure you’ll be just fine! I’ll bet you won’t even have to lift a finger or even worry your pretty head about anything  :heart: .

As for the shopping, hmmmm! I’m too much of a planner to depend on what could or couldn’t be, so I’m like you…and I shopped till I dropped, baby shower or no. The way I see it, what you get is an added bonus, but what if I’m not gifted that lovely Moses basket or bassinet? My advise is to buy the essentials, and leave the knick knacks for the shower.

So happy to hear from you hun  :hugs:   :friends:   :heart:   :heart:

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for Hello how are you doingHello preggy mamas,  :hi:   :hi: Hope you are all doing great. Just wanted to check on how you all are doing now, that most of you are in the second trimester. I hear, its the best trimester, cruise control tinz :haha:   :haha:

So, how far with baby shopping? Have you finished or still shopping?

Dooshima @ddo, how are you doing mama? Hope your cravings are sorted out and you are enjoying this trimester. :hugs:

Goldie @goldie10, no rice, no worries, you hear? :yes: Very ingenious of you to have found  other alternatives at Naija parries. :good:

Jennifer @jay201, Long time mama. How’s it going at your end? Don’t be a stranger. ;-)

Chinwendu @chinwendu, welcome back from babymoon. Hope you get to sleep soon and keeping fingers crossed for the gender reveal scan,next week.

Tumininu @tumininu, hey mama  :hugs:  How are you doing?  :hug:

Ego @egobaby, Ego, na where you disappear to with our baby nau? Missing you no be small. Hope all is well this trimester :flasher:   :flasher:

Ijeoma @dabrenzy, Hope you are doing great. Just checking in with you.  :plane:   :plane:

Nicole @nicole, everyone is now is second trimester, meaning loads of babies in the second half of this year :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :plane: Can’t wait…okay, honestly, I can wait :haha:

Profile gravatar of Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Participant
    @jay201

@oluwakemine…lmao honestly I am not trying to be a stranger. I am doing very very great, feeling awesome. My baby might be a boy from the scan though it says not 100%, .my husband really wanted a lil girl😂. And we finally graduated from movement to very light kicks on Sunday. It feels great. God is such a miracle worker :wohoo:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:yahoo: :yahoo: Indeed, He is a miracle working God. Didn’t your husband get the memo, this year is for the boys oh. I have most heard about boys being born this year. Whatever gender it is, baby is welcome.

And welcome to the new flow…kicks and all @jay201

Profile gravatar of Tumininu
    Tumininu
    Participant
    @Tumininu

Hello Ladies! @oluwakemine @nicole

It’s been a while! And a roller coaster 2nd trimester for me. Had a scare after my Cerclage and was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. We are all fine now (to God’s glory) and I’m back at work. Food is my very present companion, all day, everyday! And Sleep. I am always sleepy. Also, just started having episodes of back aches – like by back wants to break off. But overall, we are fine, doing well and bumping greatly – God remains too faithful. I am not focusing on any 40 weeks gestation o – our target is 37 weeks and praying hard we make it till that mark by God’s special grace!

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Amen. You will make it by God’s grace @tumininu. There is really no help for that back pain but you will survive, take it as baby stretching and finding its space. God be with you on this journey. Happy bumping :plane:   :plane:   :plane:

Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@tumininu hun, so glad to hear you’re okay. What happened after the cerclage? 3 weeks in hospital aint no joke! Thank God all is well hun :hugs:

As for the food and sleep, my dear enjoy it :haha:. Enjoy it while you can. Sorry about the back ache though. You might have to endure it for a little while longer  :hugs:

Profile gravatar of Wemi
    Wemi
    Participant
    @Wemi

Hello everyone, missed you guyz :heart: been a while. Been up and doing and bump is growing daily. Starting third trimester next week….Just popped in to say hi :hug: Will be back fully soonest

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Yayyy, third trimester, here we come! Wemi @wemi, na real long time. Glad to read you are just bumping along awesomely. Missed you too. Except you didn’t give me your deets to add you to the tickers.

Profile gravatar of Goldie10
    Goldie10
    Participant
    @Goldie10

Hello sisters, 2nd trimester is really a ball o! Atleast so far so good. I like sleeping a lot too but I have unusual energy during the day (surprisingly). I was going to ask, is there anywhere on this blog that has a comprehensive Baby list? ( I am struggling with getting a hang of one) I have prepared a registry on Amazon though but reading up all these reviews and items can be a drag. :unsure:   :unsure:

We now know the sex of baby, and Hubby is elated as that’s what he had dreamt of. :kiss:   :kiss:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hope you are making judicious use of your boost of energy during the day @goldie10. Glad that your hubby is loving is special package :baby:   :baby:

I will tag other mamas, they might just have an idea, regarding the Baby list….

cc: @gold @mavis_brown @alexa@demmie@funyi@roxy @salamigirl3k @iyawodiipo @crystal @oladoyin  @moshal @jay201@goldie10 @mrsciw@chixavier  @nicole @damochic @tumininu @eby @dabrenzy @egobaby @dooshima @adeolu @sena@nicole

Profile gravatar of Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Participant
    @jay201

@goldie I am lost too as regards the list…super confused, those reviews can make one change her mind a million times. Please share if you get something. Thanks

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello mamas, @goldie10 @jay201, here are links you might find useful;

9 Things to Do to Get Your House Ready Before Baby Arrives

24 Essential Things Pregnant Moms Must Pack In Their Hospital Bag

Baby Shopping: 6 Tips On When And What To Buy For Your Baby

Profile gravatar of Goldie10
    Goldie10
    Participant
    @Goldie10

Thanks @oluwakemine their helpful atleast. I still await a proper list from other mamas. :yes:   :yes:   :yes:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.