Sharing all the joys, stress, excitement and worries of the various stages of pregnancy!

2nd Trimester Support Group

105 replies, 14 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Hi there lovely ladies! How are you enjoying the best trimester  :heart:   :heart:

Sending you all loads of  :hug:   :hug:   :hug: . Let us know how you’re doing!  :yes:

@iyawodiipo @salamigirl3k @roxy @elsiano @mrsciw @chixavier @ddo @wemi @oluwakemine

Profile photo of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for hello animated gif

My favourite people :rose:   :rose:  How are you all doing? Long time no see. Let’s know what’s happening with you all. :hugs:

Grace @iyawodiipo, how’s our baby doing and you too?

Xavier @chixavier, you dust dropped off, missed your beautiful self here oh :heart:

Traci @salamigirl3k, did you get the ointment @nicole mentioned? And hope the pain has subsided at least.

Tee @roxy, at this rate, it looks like, I might need to be stalking you. That’s how much I miss you girl.  Hope you great.

Wemi @wemi, welcome to the group and Congratulations once more. I need your LMP or EDD though, so I can add you to the tickers.

Dooshima @ddo, I sent you a link, answering your question about the childbirth service operator in the US.

Nicole @nicole:heart:   :heart:

Profile photo of Grace
    Grace
    Participant
    @iyawodiipo

Hey @oluwakemine, its been a while o….  :hi:   :hi:   :hi:   :hi:   :hi:   :hi:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

You can say that again babes @iyawodiipo :heart:   :heart:

Profile photo of Traci
    Traci
    Participant
    @SalamiGirl3K

Hi Ladies –  :hug:

I pray everyone is fine. Me and baby are moving right along. @nicole I looked for your ointment and did not find one that would do the trick. The only thing that brings me relief these days is direct heat to my breasts. I seriously use my office mate’s hair blow dryer for relief at work lol. As painful as these breasts can be, I thank God for the temporary pain and this pregnancy. The sweetest thing is all the Movement in the middle of the night. I wouldn’t change the experience for the world.

Hubby and I hope to move to Brooklyn soon for a larger flat. We are simply priced out of Manhattan now. The flat we have is just too small to accommodate a new baby and our parents who will travel to help us. Please keep us in your prayers, between searching for a new flat and a busy office, this pregnancy is really flying by!

@iyawodiipo @roxy @elsiano @mrsciw @chixavier @ddo @wemi @oluwakemine

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@salamigirl3k, it’s always so good reading from you :hugs:.

Aww, so sorry you couldn’t find the nipple cream. I remember I used Palmers Cocoa Butter Nursing Cream, and it really helped me. I used it even before I gave birth, so you don’t have to worry about the name. But I had to :haha: at the thought of you positioned with a blow dryer over your boobies at work! Fun times, right :haha:

As for the move to Brooklyn, a lot of people I know move out of Manhattan when it’s time to grow their family, so it’s perfectly normal. I know it’s stressful, especially now, but you’ll love it in the long run. My close friend moved to a lovely townhouse, also in Brooklyn, and even though she has a longer commute to work, they love their new home…with a little garden and all! We’ll be praying for you hun  :hugs:   :hugs:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hey babes @salamigirl3k:haha:   :haha:   :haha:  at you and a blow dryer. Pregnancy and drama. :cloud9: :cloud9:  all the way regarding baby movements. Best of luck with finding that perfect apartment oh and stay cute. :heart:   :heart:

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Happy New Month, beautiful ladies! The clock is ticking seriously now! 3rd trimester in a bit  :heart:   :heart:

@iyawodiipo @salamigirl3k @roxy @elsiano @mrsciw @chixavier @ddo @wemi @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for hi animated gif

Hi  your gorgeousness-es :heart:   :heart: You ladies are in the best time to be pregnant oh. How una dey?

Grace @iyawodiipo, missed you no be small. Hope you are feeling as cool as possible.

Traci @salamigirl3k, How are you doing? I hope the weather is getting better and you are no longer user your colleagues hair drier (The image of you doing that still gets me. :haha:   :haha:)  #pregnancymatters.

Tee @roxy, my mama. How are our twins doing?

Elsie @elsiano, the hips don’t like mama, where have you been?

Victoria @mrsciw, I hope this trimester is treating you awesome.  B-)

Xavier @chixavier, long long time beautiful soul. :flasher:   :flasher:

Dooshima @ddo, how far with the cravings? Getting better or you have found a way to get a steady supply?

Wemi @wemi, sweet mama, what’s up with you and baby?

Nicole @nicole, I dey hail oh  :heart:   :heart:

Profile photo of Dooshima
    Dooshima
    Participant
    @DDO

:bye: :good:   B-) Hey second trimesters!! It’s so crazy how the weeks are now flying by! I’m so happy when I see another day go by….Does any one use any pregnancy apps to track??

<span class=”bbp-user-nicename”><span class=”handle-sign”>@</span>Oluwakemine</span> you remembered my cravings! :hug: ..the cravings were fully satisfied…because I discovered a Redeemed Christian Church of God!!In my little hamlet in southern england!! That church means business when they say they want a church on every street….anyway I discovered them and went to try their sunday service..to cut a long story short..became friends with the pastors wife…only to discover they had been TTC for 9 years and just blessed with twin boys!!! They had their naming ceremony for the boys a few weeks ago..and it was food orgasm. Look NIgerians are Nigerians whereever they go! Women from other Redeemed Churches around the UK came to support their person…..I was just eating things from different coolers & once they knew I was pregnant what did I not go home with..ofada sauce..meat pie..somebody shared buns…souvenirs…jollof rice…look I was a very happy camper! B-)

Other than that the second trimester has been kind…the whole period really…and I thank God…looking forward to the 20 week scan…let me know how my crop is doing!…sleeping well now..though I wake up at 6am on the dot which is really strange..I cannot remeber when I never not needed an alarm clock to wake up..have not thrown up..been tired or any of those usual symptoms you fantatize that you must have during pregnancy..so to feel among I am happy to annouce I bought a pregnancy pillow :blush:   :blush:

Love light and hugs to all!!

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Dooshima @ddo , glad you satisfied those cravings hun  :cloud9: . I trust our Naija peeps not to carry last! Even if we dey Timbuktu, we go represent. Glad you got sorted hun :heart:

Kisses to the other 2nd tri ladies! I hope you’re having a blast and enjoying the best part of your pregnancy  :rose:   :rose:   :rose: .  @iyawodiipo, @salamigirl3k, @roxy, @elsiano,  @mrsciw,  @chixavier,  @wemi, @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

All hail the Nigerians and their legendary coolers of food. Glad to know, that worked out in your favour Dooshima @ddo.

You’re so blessed that you had to buy a pregnancy pillow to feel among :haha:   :haha:  You’re just enjoying yourself. :good:   :good:

So, baby has become your alarm clock. Looks like  a baby with a schedule. :baby:

Glad to know you are doing awesome.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

All hail the Nigerians and their legendary coolers of food. Glad to know, that worked out in your favour Dooshima @ddo.

You’re so blessed that you had to buy a pregnancy pillow to feel among :haha:   :haha:  You’re just enjoying yourself. :good:   :good:

So, baby has become your alarm clock. Looks like  a baby with a schedule. :baby:

Glad to know you are doing awesome.

Profile photo of Traci
    Traci
    Participant
    @SalamiGirl3K

Hi Ladies –

My husband and I celebrated our graduation to 3rd Trimester last Sunday! We are over the moon. My breast are still giving me problems but I’ve been managing with the good ol’ blow dryer lol. Let me tell you I had my doctor literally laughing out loud about my solution to the problem. It’s honestly the only thing that saves me. Please pray for my attitude and patience these days. I see myself chewing heads off when people cross me and I’m not proud of myself. Everything is irritating me. I’m counting down the days until my maternity leave.  :hug:

@nicole @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha: Traci @salamigirl3k, you got me Lol in public over this your now legendary “solution”  :haha:   :haha:   :haha:

Rest and rest. I guess, you are once of those women, who feel extremely irritated as their EDD get closer. It comes with the territory but just try control your temper a bit. I used to know a woman, while growing up up, who whenever, it was nearing her EDD, she picked a fight with practically everyone in sight, small or big, baby or adult, no one was off limit.

Those babies, she had back then are all grown ups now though. And nowadays, she’s as calm as a dove.  :wacko: Is a dove really calm? But you do get my drift? :-)

It’s just a phase, it will pass and welcome to the third trimester. How far have you gone with baby preps?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.