Sharing all the joys, stress, excitement and worries of the various stages of pregnancy!

2nd Trimester Support Group

99 replies, 13 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 1 week ago
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@alexa, real Lupita :haha:

Mehn, that darkening no be here o! Check out a picture of me at the time I had my babies. I was Blackie Chan!

Profile gravatar of Alexa
    Alexa
    Participant
    @Alexa

@nicole, how eees you??? is there anything I should use? For stretch mark prevention too? Couldn’t help but notice the notice the nasal prongs in the picture, did u need oxygen?

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@alexa, I was perfectly fine o. Must have been just their process. As for stretch marks, please just go for ori (shea butter). I wasted my time with Bio Oil and still got stretch marks :dohh:. It might just work for your complexion but not for stretch marks at all

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Alexa @alexa, Ori is the way to go for stretch marks and the earlier it is started, the better. I don’t think, there is anything you can do about the darkening skin, it’s just part of the drill ;-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Happy New Month, gorgeous ladies!  :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

cc: @alexa @osedblessed @funyi @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for happy november animatedHey mamas happy new month!!!

cc: @alexa @osedblessed @funyi @nicole

Alexa
    Participant
    @Alexa

Holla!! Just got back from my trip, had a whole lot planned but I ended up in a night shirt almost thruout!! Sleeping and chilling!! Plus I started getting low key waist pains , off and on now on a regular , I’m determined to get a scan done today although I have read and read and i want to believe it’s my ligaments stretching, abeg ooo! Bought palmers shea butter lotion and bio oil but have been told to go get cocoa butter cream too and olive oil even moringa oil, different folks and every they say works for them . How’s everyone been? Got the shocker of my life when I noticed black stuff on my nipples , really irritating sight but the husband said they v been there since the pregnancy, just increased and it turned out the were peeling skin from cracked nipples, seems many places need to be oiled ooo, how ees you all? Great I hope?? @nicole @oluwakemine@osedblessed @funyi

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Welcome back, @alexa hun! Glad you were able to get some rest! Aaaah, definitely sounds like ligament stretching. Don’t worry, you shouldn’t feel it as badly in a few weeks :hugs:. As for the stretch marks, heeeeen! I said ori oh! Not any fancy cocoa butter. Don’t let me show you my stomach to see what Bio Oil did to me oh…which was jack! But I reckon any of the other natural oils should also do the trick :good:. Pele about the nipples hun. Preggo body tins. Just slather up all over, and you’ll be fine   :cloud9:   :cloud9:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Alexa @alexa, your husband has serious business with your boobs o. :haha: At least you got the needed rest.

Alexa, ori on its own works magic, I should know. If you can’t stand the odour, add some essential oil, chamomile, tea tree or even olive oil to it and whip it up. Voila, you are good to go. Cocoa butter might work but nowhere near the efficacy of the natural thing.

Meanwhile, did you get the scan done? Like Nicole @nicole said, it is most likely, ligament stretching. Baby is growing and needs space to do so. :heart:   :heart:

Alexa
    Participant
    @Alexa

Holla!! I didn’t get scanned o, I told my husband cos he came to get me from work and he pretended as if he didn’t hear me so I know how to get one by myself tomorrow most def!!! Have told someone to help me get the original oil, seems to me like I feel movements sometimes but at 17 wks and a first timer, i don’t want to be too sure. @oluwakemine @nicole

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hmm, how did you know, he pretended not to hear you? :haha: Alexa @alexa. You are the second trimester already, so some fluttering might happen. Don’t worry, very soon, you don’t be in doubt. I can tell you that for free. :hugs:

Which one is  the original oil anyway?

Alexa
    Participant
    @Alexa

I know na, hehehe 😂😂, he had already told me ’twas normal so he could not be bothered! Original shea butter I meant , I did mix the palmers shea butter and bio oil, will buy olive oil and mix up too, hope all these things don’t burn me up😂, one time my aunt was applying a mix of many things she ends up with a burnt face😂😭

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@alexa, feeling movement at 17 weeks is normal. Butterfly kind of feelings, right? Bless  :cloud9:

As for all those concoctions, heeehn! My hand no dey dia oh! I hope the processed shea butter is just as good as natural. I also hope the olive oil will boost it if need be. Because Bio Oil on it own for stretch mark prevention… :negative: :negative:

Alexa
    Participant
    @Alexa

Holla!! I got the scan😁😁😁, great outcome, we r doing good, she did say ‘teas too early to tell sex at 18wks, I will patiently wait na, also got the local ori and olive oil and it seems like ‘was right on time cos my stomach itches like mad now, my mil says I shouldn’t bcos it causes stretch marks but I don’t get the connection rily, I have however tried not to. I’m running out of normal pants to wear to work , help!!! @nicole @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Now, I can officially welcome you to the second trimester now Alexa @alexa. The pants struggle is real oh. Scratching gets into your already stretched skin and that can cause the stretch marks to be more than it would have been.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.