Sharing all the joys, stress, excitement and worries of the various stages of pregnancy!

2nd Trimester Support Group

105 replies, 14 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Halloo ladies!

The 2nd trimester is the most fun part of pregnancy…it can also have plenty of anxiety. This thread has been created for us to be able to chat about our experiences; how we’re feeling, the gender scans, everything! :heart:

cc: @funyi  @gold @crystal @alexa @oluwakemine

Profile photo of Alexa
    Alexa
    Participant
    @Alexa

Hello everyone, this may just be my very own sounding board  :yahoo: , I just called my friend to tell her I haven’t added any weight, still weigh 68 at 12 weeks plus and she cut the phone on me cos she said I don’t have gist :haha: , I’m borderline paranoid, I’m sorry, blame it on my past, going for a 13 week checkup Thursday, will prolly get scanned and a quick look in!! Thanks Nicole 😘 @nicole

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@alexa, LOL at your friend saying you have no gist. It’s the kind of thing I would say :haha:. Pele love. But I understand the anxiety. I was like that…scanning every week. But don’t worry hun. Just enjoy the fact that you aren’t putting on weight…yet. I know women who put on SOOO MUCH WEIGHT…yet their babies were still tiny…so it doesn’t matter. :yes:

We’ll be cheering you along for Thursday hun. I’m sure our baby is just perfect  :cloud9:

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Tagging you in the perfect thread for you, @osedblessed  :cloud9:   :cloud9:

@alexa babe, your fellow 2nd tri mama is here  :friends:   :friends:

Profile photo of Pearl Ose Kalu
    Pearl Ose Kalu
    Participant
    @osedblessed

Thanks ma’am @nicole. Happy to be in here. @alexa same here too, I’ve not added nothing. Still same. Lol. I think I love it :yahoo:   :hug:

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Nicole Nicole.
    Profile photo of Alexa
    Alexa
    Participant
    @Alexa

Hallos, welcome @osedblessed😘, hiya @nicole, mmeeehhhnn for an educated someone I amaze myself sometimes Shaa, so the cleaner at my work place told me about an elderly ‘matron’ the kind that learnt the work and how she’s good at telling the stage of a pregnancy by touching the belly and all and since I missed my scan yesterday cos the dr had gone by the time I got there I decided to ask her to check me today. She told me I’m about 2 months , just managed to add small cause for alarm for me, 2 months ke😐, I honestly really can’t wait for my bump!!! And that scan won’t exceed Monday, meanwhile faith over fear!!! @oluwakemine

Pearl Ose Kalu
    Participant
    @osedblessed

Lol, the anxiety is second to none really. Yes sis FAITH OVER FEAR

Profile photo of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

You did what Alexa @alexa. I’m not going to say anything, you already know what that experience is doing to your anxiety levels. I know it’s not easy but bikonu, take a chill pill, the bump will show. It just shows you have special genes. :rose:   :rose:  And Monday is already here.

Pearl @osedblessed, welcome back with your good news and we know, it is perfected in Jesus name. Tell me your EDD, so I can include you in the tickers.

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@alexa, if I didn’t know exactly how you’re feeling, I would be screaming at you :haha:. Babe, abeg chillax! Monday is only one sleep away, and you’ll get to see your baby again  :cloud9: . And as for that bump, you’re the one that will tell us how BIG the thing will get :yes:

@osedblessed, enjoy your lekpa body oh! Enjoy it now  ;-)

Pearl Ose Kalu
    Participant
    @osedblessed

@oluwakemine thanks sis, around March 15 2017

Profile photo of Alexa
    Alexa
    Participant
    @Alexa

Hiya hiya everyone, I got the scan :yahoo:  and everything is great, the man didn’t claim 3D but he did say he could make a very good guess at what the sex was, DH was there and since he doesn’t want to know I told him not to say, I will sha fine out on my own when it won’t be a guess but a very likely fact. I don’t want any surprise abeg, I’m happy :yahoo: , thank you Jesus!! If only that precious little heartbeat knew how much of a diamond it is @osedblessed @nicole @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:yahoo:   :yahoo: Finally, Alex @alexa, the scan has been done.So glad that everything is fine. So you can rest easy now and  stop worrying about your weight biko.

So you will know the gender and not tell your hubby? What about when you going baby shopping, won’t those spoil the surprise for him? Anyways, baby is fine and that is all that really matters.  :rose:   :rose:

Did you get your EDD,  so, I can update your pregnancy tickers?

Profile photo of Alexa
    Alexa
    Participant
    @Alexa

@oluwakemine omo, that’s the same thing he said but me I’m not sure about preserving that his surprise o, I want to know. Edd is 14/4/17 same as the edd my lamp gave. The I’m 13 plus 6 today and scan gave me 13 plus 5. funny I had nausea and vomiting this morning which is new, would have thought I’d be getting to the chill phase by now?? The spitting still reigns o

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Yaaay for the scan, @alexa  :yahoo:   :yahoo: . So happy for you hun. How was it seeing your baby?  :cloud9:  And girl, I’m also not for that surprise life. Gender neutral things just aren’t any fun! Counting down to April 2017  :yahoo:   :yahoo: . Sorry about the nausea babe. It might be the last hurrah before you enter the wonderful 2nd tri proper. Hopefully, yours won’t be like some women whose persist all through. Sending you lots of  :heart:   :heart: hun!

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: So you are “planning” for him abi? Alexa @alexa. Sorry about the nausea, just your goodbye present. For the EDDs, at least, they are all close, so it’s fine.  :heart:   :heart:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.