Sharing all the joys, stress, excitement and worries of the various stages of pregnancy!

1st Trimester Support Group

67 replies, 9 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Nicole Nicole 1 month ago
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for hello animated

Hello mamas, how are you all doing. Long time, you have all been quiet o. Is it just the babies on board or just life generally?

Anyways, we have our first set of twins and expecting more from your end oh :haha:   :haha:   B-)

Biko, holla o, lets know how you are doing. :hugs:

Birthday girl Traci @salamigirl3k, where is the e-party going to happen oh? :cake:   :cake:

cc: @iyawodiipo @oluwakemi @salamigirl3k @roxy @lizzy @nicole

Profile gravatar of Traci
    Traci
    Participant
    @SalamiGirl3K

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks to Donald Trump, I am crazy busy and all over the place at work trying to assist terrified clients.

The party will go down as soon as I leave this office tonight.

I thank God for another year of life and another  chance to be a Mummy. Being preggo is the best bday gift ever ;)

I hope you all are fine – @iyawodiipo @roxy @lizzy @nicole @oluwakemine  :hug:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

You can say that again Traci @salamigirl3k, you got the best birthday present ever. :cake: :cake: Every other thing is just toppings. With you being so active, I guess, your energy levels has increased.  :good:   :good:

Traci
    Participant
    @SalamiGirl3K

@oluwakemine Yes. As of Monday, all of a sudden I felt like my old self again. It seriously happened overnight. Whereas last week I could barely get out of bed. I thank God for this burst of energy. I hope it lasts a while.

Profile gravatar of tinuke
    tinuke
    Participant
    @Lizzy

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hello everyone, have not been here for a while now…am fine Traci thank u and congrats on ur BFP..I on the other hand am out , was diagnosed with a blighted ovum .. :-(</p>

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for hugsOh so sorry to hear this Tinuke @lizzy.

cc: @nicole

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for happy birthday animated

Happy birthday to you Traci @salamigirl3k. May you receive double portions of all your heart desires..like twins. :blue:   :pink:

:haha: :hugs:

Praying your energy levels stay up. Do have a lovely one dear. :cake:

cc: @nicole @iyawodiipo @oluwakemi @mrsciw @roxy

Profile gravatar of tinuke
    tinuke
    Participant
    @Lizzy

Thankyou@nicole am still thankful to God, he gave me the opportunity to know what pregnancy feels like and I know he will bless me again and I will get to hold my little bundle of joy soon..have a wonderful weekend.@iyawodiipo@oluwakemi@mrsciw@rox@salamigirl3k

Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Oh no! @lizzy, I’m so so sorry to read this. Sending you lots of hugs hun. Thank God for a heart of gratitude. He will surely reward your faith hun…that’s for sure! GOD bless you my darling. You know we’re always here for you! :hug: :hug:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @salamigirl3k  :cake:   :cake:   :cake:

Have a fun and fabulous day hun  :hugs:. What a wonderful way to enter a new year. Just think…by your next birthday, you’ll be a Mom :cloud9: :cloud9:

And I’m so glad about the burst of energy! That’s you saying adios to 1st tri! Have a blessed day, and try not to work too hard, Donald Trump or not :hug: :hug:

Traci
    Participant
    @SalamiGirl3K

Thanks Everyone for the Birthday love!  :hug: I had a great weekend. I am taking this week off for Holiday.

But do you mind if I step on a soap box for a moment?

Someone please help me understand why in Nigerian culture must all good news be kept a secret. Must my happiness remain behind closed doors for this whole pregnancy? I just left my doctor’s office and I am beaming with pride because baby is doing so well. I remember this time last year we were so sad and in pain. I just want to run and tell the world that we are finally preggo again and baby is fine! I’ve never seen my husband grin like he did today when he saw how much the baby has grown. How am I going to make it through the next 6 months?  :wacko:

@nicole @oluwakemine @lizzy @iyawaodiipo @roxy

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Traci @salamigirl3k,  welcome to the land of the most nosy, yet most secretive people on earth.  We are a people often steeped in superstitions, it’s unbelievable. So, you want to tell it to the world that you are pregnant, when you don’t know who your enemy is and you don’t know whether they are just waiting for such a time as this to pounce.

Biko, keep a  secrets, as long as it will stay a secret. With time every one will know. Pregnancies have a way of announcing themselves. :haha:   :haha:

But seriously, that’s the mindset here. The vibe is, when you are making moves, doing something good, you should keep it top secret, before someone leaves their business and start minding yours. There is even a Yoruba adage that says, when your yam, starts to sprouts, you eat it codedly (That’s my own translation oh)

My sister, thank God for the salvation of Jesus, that delivers from these superstitions. Just enjoy your pregnancy, enjoy your beaming husband and leave the rest to God. The awaited truth is just a few months down the line. :heart:   :heart:

Holiday? Hmm, enjoy yourself and let’s know what you got up to.  :hugs:

cc: @iyawodiipo

Traci
    Participant
    @SalamiGirl3K

@oluwakemine Sis you have set the record straight in a way no one has explained it to me before. It just makes sense especially since my hubby comes from a polygamist family where the wives compare their children and put brother against brother. Once again I thank God for you and @nicole and this whole group actually.  :hug:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@salamigirl3k hun, so so glad you enjoyed your birthday, and even better that you are off this week to continue the celebration :hugs: :hug:

As for Nigerians and superstition, @oluwakemine couldn’t have put it any better. That’s the mindset here, unfortunately. Some people do it for superstitious reasons, others do it because they don’t want to prematurely announce their achievements, whatever that is. And with your husband coming from a polygamous home, the secrecy stakes are even higher.

I wrote an article on it a while back. It might give you a better insight into Nigerians and keeping a few too many things to ourselves  :dohh: (Top Secret!)

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello mamas,  It’s been a while. Hope you’re all enjoying your beautiful selves. Most of you would have moved into your 2nd trimester by now, I think and in cruise control hopefully.  :heart:

Grace @iyawodiipo, hope you’re stronger now. And you had a nice wedding anniversary  :wedding:

Traci @salamigirl3k, how are you doing?

Tee @roxy, its been a while oh.Hope you’re doing great.

Namesake Oluwakemi  @oluwakemi, how’s the trimester going?

Lovingmythreeangels @kenechukwu, welcome to the group. I need your LMP oh, so I can add you to the tickers.

Tinuke @lizzy, I’ve been thinking about you. How are you doing? :hugs:

Nicole nicole, how’s the day going?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.