Sharing spiritual support and prayers!

Daily Meditation

355 replies, 13 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 1 day, 14 hours ago
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 356 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

God bless you, @oluwakemine! I’ve really missed these :heart:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Morning lovelies, :heart: :heart: I got another devotional today and it stirred my spirit for it’s prophectic nature. It might not look like it, you might not feel like celebrating but God is a faithful God. If HE has spoken it, then it’s a done deal. Celebrate!!!

Image result for celebrationCelebration

Isaiah 61:7 – For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.

I am so excited to hear all the breakthroughs and celebrations that have been going on and I want you to get ready because it’s going to get better and better. Remember, the path of the just is like a shining light that shines more and more unto the perfect day and the perfect day is when Jesus returns, so the celebration continues.

Recently, there have been some strange manifestations of God’s power. During one of our healing meetings, a family came into the meeting and during the ministration I prayed for every sick person to be healed and delivered.

A woman in our church, whose brother was dying of cancer, thought the end had come but I told her that the cancer would bow in the name of Jesus and that there would be no loss. When the doctor’s report came, guess what? He was completely free of cancer. Cancer kills people every day. It is known as ‘The Big C’ and it is feared but we have victory over it all. The outcomes happened because we looked steadfastly unto God and not at the problems or the report of men.

God has spoken that this is your season of celebration. Even if against all odds, start celebrating and you will experience the mighty hand of God.

I pray that the face of God will shine on you and show up for you, in your rising up and in your lying down, at morning, noon and night. You shall not beg or borrow but you shall lend to others. I pray that your prayers will raise you. Amen

For Further Study

Micah 7:8

Personal declaration for the day

I believe my prayers will be answered and I will celebrate in Jesus’ name.

Questions for you to reflect on

Do you believe you have reason to celebrate?

Have you shared the testimony of what God has done in your life?

cc: @nicole @olubusola @oyinpd @blessedob @bosa @pearl @ldike @chybaby @sommie @ivie @nadia @iyawodiipo @biodun@ange @angel @akosua @bimpe @fadekemi @demmie @bigmummy @tynah @elle @fruitfulvine @goldie10 @eby @drkome@beautilicious @mrsfab @diamond1 @seyiblak1 @crystal @alexa @funyi @bibi.

Ebere
    Participant
    @Eby

Amen yes I have every reason to celebrate cos I’m not better than those who are dead, so being alive is enough to glorify his name. T

hanks @nicole

Ebere
    Participant
    @Eby

Amen yes I have every reason to celebrate cos I’m not better than those who are dead, so being alive is enough to glorify his name. T

hanks @nicole

Ebere
    Participant
    @Eby

hanks @nicole

Ebere
    Participant
    @Eby

hanks @nicole

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

AMEN!!!

In all things, we will always give thanks LORD…and celebrate  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

@eby hun, your joy is most surely on its way!!!  :heart:   :heart:   :heart: . Double for your trouble  :baby:   :baby:   :blue:   :pink:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Good morning ladies,  :heart:   :heart:   :heart: Today, its all about that personal connection to God. The right we have to call Abba Father through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Enjoy!

But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. . . . The older brother became angry and refused to go in. . . . “My son,” the father said, “you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.” — Luke 15:20, 28; Luke 15:31-32

The Hebrew Scriptures normally depict God, not as the Father of individuals but as Father to His people, Israel. Pious Jews, aware of the gap between a holy God and sinful human beings, would never have dared address God as Ab (Hebrew) or Abba, the Aramaic word for “Daddy,” which gradually came to mean “dear father.”

Jesus shocked many of His contemporaries by referring to God as His Father and by inviting His followers to call God “Father.” Rather than depicting God as a typical Middle Eastern patriarch who wielded considerable power within the family, He depicted Him primarily as a tender and compassionate father, who extends grace to both the sinner and the self-righteous.

The most frequent term for “father” in the New Testament was the Greek word pater. The first recorded words of Jesus, spoken to His earthly parents, are these:

Didn’t you know I had to be in My Father’s house? — Luke 2:49
    In John’s gospel, Jesus calls God His Father 156 times. The expression “Abba, Pater” (AB-ba pa-TAIR) is found three times in the New Testament, all in prayer. It is the form Jesus used in His anguished cry in Gethsemane:

Abba, Father, everything is possible for You. Take this cup from Me. Yet not what I will, but what You will. — Mark 14:36
    If you want to perceive who God the Father is, earthly models will fail you. Far better to read the parable Jesus told an audience composed of both sinners and self-righteous religious leaders, two groups that had much in common though they would not have thought so. Jesus offers both a stunning portrait of a father who responds to the appalling behavior of two sons in ways no Middle Eastern patriarch would have.

In Jesus’ time the Jewish community had a way of punishing sons who lost the family inheritance, squandering it among Gentiles. Angry villagers would gather together to conduct what was known as a qetsatsah ceremony, a ritual that consisted of filling a large pot with burned nuts and burned corn and then breaking it in front of the guilty party. As the earthenware pot shattered, the villagers would shout: “So-and-so is cut off from his people.” That would be the cue for the errant son to get out of town for good.

Remarkably, the father in Jesus’ story failed to act as His listeners expected. Instead of waiting at home for his profligate son to come crawling back, as any dignified Middle Eastern father would have done, the father in Jesus’ story keeps a lookout for him. As soon as he spots him, he runs out and throws his arms around his wayward son, showering him with kisses. By acting quickly and with so much tenderness, the father effectively prevents his neighbors from organizing a qetsatsah ceremony to cut off his son.

Kenneth Bailey, a theologian who has lived most of his life in the Middle East, explains how astonishing such a sight would have been:

Traditional Middle Easterners, wearing long robes, do not run in public. They never have. To do so would be deeply humiliating. The father runs knowing that in so doing he will deflect the attention of the community away from his ragged son to himself. People will focus on the extraordinary sight of a distinguished, self-respecting landowner humiliating himself in public by running down the road revealing his legs.

But what of the older son, angered by his father’s acceptance of his foolish younger brother? Once again, Jesus depicts the father in a way that would have surprised His listeners. Instead of slapping his son and publicly rebuking him for refusing to attend the celebration, the father humbles himself by leaving the feast in order to reach out to his angry son.

Both sons, one a law breaker and the other a law keeper, had publicly offended their father by their selfish behavior. Both were offered not what they deserved but what they needed — extraordinary grace from the father who loved them.

Ask yourself today whether you are more like the older or the younger of these sons. Then thank God for treating you not as you deserve to be treated but as a child worthy of His faithful, fatherly love.

Father, thank you for loving me even when I was “still a long way off.” You showed Your gracious, fatherly love even when I bore little resemblance to You. Strengthen my identity as Your child and help me to glorify Your name by reflecting Your character. Amen.

cc: @nicole @olubusola @oyinpd @blessedob @bosa @pearl @ldike @chybaby @sommie @ivie @nadia @iyawodiipo@biodun@ange @angel @akosua @bimpe @fadekemi @demmie @bigmummy @tynah @elle @fruitfulvine @goldie10 @eby@drkome@beautilicious @mrsfab @diamond1 @seyiblak1 @crystal @alexa @funyi @bibi.

Culled from http://www.faithgateway.com/god-abba-father/#.V9D6G00rLIU

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Good morning ladies. It’s a great day to be alive. Our daily devotional is served :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

Image result for experience

September 9, 2016
    Going Around the Same Old Mountain

Today’s Truth

So do not be foolish with your lives. But learn what the Lord wants you to do (Ephesians 5:17, ICB).

Friend to Friend

There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience – and that is notlearning from experience. Life is a journey, not a destination. It is through that journey that we are born, broken, changed and shaped.

Life is God’s chosen classroom in which He teaches His children how to love and live out His truth. One of the first and most vital truths we need to learn in our walk with God is obedience.

Truth does not change. We must change in response to the truth. A learned truth is an applied truth, and when we apply truth, we are practicing obedience. When we don’t learn from our wrong choices, we are doomed to make the same mistakes again, falling back into disobedience. It is like going around the same old mountain again and again.

My husband Dan served as Youth Pastor for many years in South Florida. Each summer we took the youth on a mission trip to the mountains of North Carolina where they conducted youth rallies in parks, taught back yard Bible Clubs, and held worship services in local churches. Everyone worked hard, but each afternoon was free time.

We all piled into a rickety old school bus and headed for the mountains to play. Our favorite mountain activity was tubing. One year a pastor told us about a tubing company tucked up in the mountains around Lake Lure, assuring us that the crowds were small, the price was right, and the ride was incredible. Off we went!

We soon discovered why it was such a great deal. You could not find the place!

We got so completely lost – several times. After two hours of searching, we finally found the tubing company and had a great, but very short ride. As we headed back to our hotel, one of the counselors wisely suggested that we write down the directions so that we would have them next year. Great idea!

The next summer, everyone was excited about tubing at our new spot – until we discovered that no one had actually written down the directions – and once again, we got lost, wasting an hour of valuable tubing time. I took matters in hand, grabbed a piece of paper, and wrote down detailed directions.

The following summer, we were half way to Lake Lure and the mapped out tubing spot when we discovered that we had indeed documented the directions, but we had left them at the hotel. Once again, we went around that same old mountain, wasting time and energy until we found the tubing place. I looked at Dan and said, “We must be slow learners.”

I often wonder if our Father ever looks at the way we live and wonders, “Why are they so slow to learn and practice my truth?”

In order to learn the ways of God we have to know the truth of God. Saturating our lives with Scripture is essential to finding and doing God’s will. The Bible is the road map, the blue print, and the ultimate plan for our journey.

To walk in obedience to God, we must not only have the right directions for today, but we must also go back and destroy those paths of yesterday that once led us in the wrong direction.

Eliminating wrong choices makes the right choices much easier to handle. Some of those old paths are familiar and may be hard to uproot. A friendship may have to be ended. A behavior pattern may have to be changed. A habit may have to be eliminated.

But if it leads to sin, if it makes it easier to sin, or if it entices or tempts you to sin, run from it! Don’t go around that same old mountain of wrong choices again. Learn the lesson and choose obedience.

Let’s Pray

Father, I am so tired of going around the same old mountains of defeat and failure in my life. I am afraid of being lost and having no direction. Right now, I choose Your ways.  Please lead me. Help me see and turn from anyone or anything that would keep me from learning and obeying Your truth.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Make a commitment to learn whatever lessons God has for you today. Right now, choose obedience and ask the Holy Spirit to give you the discernment and power to make the right choices.

Ask God for the wisdom to identify the “old” ways and the strength to turn from anyone or anything that makes it easy to disobey the new ways.

What “new” ways do you need to put in the place of the old ways?

What part does the Holy Spirit and the Word of God play in your ability to be obedient?

cc: @nicole @olubusola @oyinpd @blessedob @bosa @pearl @ldike @chybaby @sommie @ivie @nadia@iyawodiipo@biodun@ange @angel @akosua @bimpe @fadekemi @demmie @bigmummy @tynah @elle @fruitfulvine@goldie10 @eby@drkome@beautilicious @mrsfab @diamond1 @seyiblak1 @crystal @alexa @funyi @bibi.

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Good morning ladies and gentlemen :heart:   :heart: I bring you good news for peace. I pray the devotional for today, bless you as much as it blessed me.

Image result for honour, greatness and peace

Honour, Greatness and Peace

Psalm 45:4And in Your majesty ride prosperously because of truth, humility, and righteousness; and your right hand shall teach you awesome things. (NKJV).

So what are honour, greatness and peace?

Honour (‘Time’ in Greek) – Meaning valuing, preciousness, esteem, reward, advantage, dignity and/or privilege. In a spiritual context, it is the ability to recognise and live with other powerful people without feeling threatened or trying to get rid of them.

This implies that God will make you an essential and vital person in your world. You will gain advantage and you will be dignified. He will make you precious and you will enjoy high esteem. You will stand shoulder to shoulder with other achievers and you will not feel inferior or threatened. You will be rewarded.

Greatness (‘Megas’ in Greek) – Meaning large in bulk or dimension, a term of comparison; denoting more magnitude, being of extended length or breadth, large in number, important, weighty, chief, high rank, principal of vast power and excellence, supreme, possessing large or strong powers of mind, dignified, noble, rich and/or distinguished by extra-ordinary event.

The parameters for measuring greatness include external size, degree/intensity of circumstance/thing and the rank of a person. This implies that the size of your achievement will be supreme in magnitude and have the intensity of His grace. The presence and power within you will be weighty and extraordinary and you will be of high rank; you will take a chief position; you will be noble, with an excellent disposition in your world in Jesus mighty name.

Peace (‘Eirene’(gr), ‘Shalom’(hb) – Meaning harmonious relationship, friendliness, freedom from molestation, quietness, the sense of rest and contentment, wholeness, full, finished, made perfect and/or entire.

God is telling you that you will be free from oppression; you will enjoy quietness and rest in your life. Your life will be whole and together. The period of dissatisfaction is over.

For Further Study

Psalm 45:4, Ecclesiastes 4:14, Luke 1:45, Numbers 23:12

God has blessed me with honour, greatness and peace. Therefore, I will rejoice and be glad of Him.

What is the Word of God to you today?

What scripture are you standing on?

cc: @nicole @olubusola @oyinpd @blessedob @bosa @pearl @ldike @chybaby @sommie @ivie@nadia@iyawodiipo@biodun@ange @angel @akosua @bimpe @fadekemi @demmie @bigmummy @tynah @elle@fruitfulvine@goldie10 @eby@drkome@beautilicious @mrsfab @diamond1 @seyiblak1 @crystal @alexa @funyi @bibi.

Culled from http://christiancommunitychurcharklow.hdpm.org/honour-greatness-and-peace/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Good morning everyone. Hope you had a good night rest. I woke up to the news of one of our members having her own baby :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: . I like such news in the mornings. Our devotional for today is below:

September 15, 2016
    Which One Are You?
    Gwen Smith

Today’s Truth

Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. (Matthew 7:24)

Friend to Friend

The words of Jesus pack a punch. His is a powerful and vibrant dialog that brings both tradition and the Law into a new and living light.

On a hillside, long ago, Jesus engaged individuals toward choosing God’s best on a heart level, not just a do-this-to-make-God-happy, knowledge and rules level. Recorded in the book of Matthew, Jesus gave the crowd, and us, some incredible insights to the way His followers should live. We call this the Sermon on the Mount.(Matthew 5-7)

Remember that collection of Jesus teachings? Here’s a rapid review:

He taught the “beatitudes” (Matthew 5:2-12), and told His followers to be “salt and light” (Matthew 5:13-16).

He said, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them,” and warned the people that unless their righteousness exceeded that of the scribes and Pharisees, they/we would never enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:17-20)

He taught on anger, lust, divorce, and oaths… very prickly subjects! And on retaliation, loving our enemies, and giving to the needy. (Check please!) (Matthew 5:27-6:4)

Jesus taught us how to pray (Matthew 6:5-15), gave instructions on fasting, and told us that we are to love and serve God above all earthly treasures. (Matthew 6:16-24)

He told us not to worry, (wait, what!?) and directed us to seek God and His righteousness first in everything because He KNOWS OUR NEEDS and takes care of His own. (Matthew 6:25-34)

He talked about judging others. About logs, and specks, and hypocrisy. (Easy stuff, right?) (Matthew 7:1-6)

Jesus said that we should ask, seek, and knock. That we should go to God when we have a need because He’s a good, good, loving Father. (It’s who He is!) (Matthew 7:7-11) Also that we should treat others as we want to be treated, beware of false prophets that can be recognized by their fruits, and that we must KNOW Jesus personally – not OF Him – to enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 7:15-23)

And after He finished unpacking all of these behaviors and perspectives that counter-culturally represent the kingdom of God, He pressed in with a wise-person/foolish-person analogy by concluding with this:

Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it. (Matthew 7:24-27)

Bam. Do the thing.

I read this and am freshly reminded: all this stuff Jesus told you and me about how to behave and how to believe? If we do it, if we will put these things into practice, then we build our lives on a wise foundation. If, however, we don’t do these things, then we are foolish.

Where are you in this? Rock or sand? Wise or foolish? Do you or don’t you?

It’snot hard to understand what Jesus meant here. It is hard to put it all into practice.

And can’t be done without His help.

If I don’t choose to live responsively to His teachings, then I am, by default, choosing to live as a fool.

So when I know that Jesus says I shouldn’t point out the speck in someone else’s eye before taking the log out of mine – and I do it anyway – I live as a fool.

And when I choose to let worry and anxiety take up huge lots of real estate in my heart instead of trusting God and allowing His peace to comfort me – I live as a fool.

Jesus talked straight about this. When His followers hear His words (this means we need to read the Bible and know what His words are!) and put them into practicewe will not only live as wise people, but that wisdom becomes our firm foundation. A foundation that protects and provides for us when the winds of life blow hard and when the rains of life fall.

Let’s Pray

Dear Lord, Thank You for the gracious way you instruct me toward life, wisdom, and a solid foundation. Please me far from foolishness, and help me to live out Your ways in my workplace, with my family, and in my community.

In Jesus’s Name I pray,
    Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Read Matthew 5-7 and consider where you are with the teachings of Jesus. Take note of areas that He might be calling you to change. Ask Him to give you the grace, strength, and wisdom to live out those changes.

cc: @nicole @olubusola @oyinpd @blessedob @bosa @pearl @ldike @chybaby @sommie@ivie@nadia@iyawodiipo@biodun@ange @angel @akosua @bimpe @fadekemi @demmie @bigmummy @tynah@elle@fruitfulvine@goldie10 @eby@drkome@beautilicious @mrsfab @diamond1 @seyiblak1 @crystal @alexa @funyi @bibi.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for self loveYou’re Okay and You’re on Your Way

by Joyce Meyer – posted September 16, 2016

Who will release and deliver me from [the shackles of] this body of death? O thank God! [He will!] through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) our Lord!
    – Romans 7:24-25

There was a time when I felt like the Apostle Paul when he wrote the words of today’s verse. I wondered if I could ever break free from a constant sense of failure and a feeling that I simply didn’t “measure up” to what God wanted from me. I even wondered at times if God was frustrated with me for not making more progress. After struggling with these thoughts for a while, I finally developed a new attitude. Realizing God was happy just to see me making any progress at all, I started saying, “I am not where I want to be, but thank God, I’m not where I used to be. I’m okay and I’m on my way!”

I know now with all my heart that God is not angry with me because I have not arrived. He is pleased that I am pressing on, that I am staying on the path. If you and I will just “keep on keeping on,” God will be pleased with our progress.

God knows our spiritual growth and maturity will take time. He doesn’t expect us to arrive at our destination quickly. We don’t think something is wrong when a one-year-old child cannot walk perfectly. We expect him to fall down frequently; when he does we lovingly pick him up, dust him off, and set him on his feet to try again. Without a doubt, God treats us with just as much affection and grace—always willing to set us on our feet again and encourage us as we keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Love Yourself Today: “Lord, I confess today that I’m okay and I’m on my way!”

cc: @nicole @olubusola @oyinpd @blessedob @bosa @pearl @ldike @chybaby@sommie@ivie@nadia@iyawodiipo@biodun@ange @angel @akosua @bimpe @fadekemi @demmie @bigmummy@tynah@elle@fruitfulvine@goldie10 @eby@drkome@beautilicious @mrsfab @diamond1 @seyiblak1 @crystal @alexa @funyi@bibi.

Culled from http://www.joycemeyer.org/Articles/Devotional.aspx

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Don’t Worry: God is at Work

September 19, 2016

Image result for dont worry

“… Saul said to the servant who was with him, ‘Come, let’s go back, or my father will stop thinking about the donkeys and start worrying about us.’” 1 Samuel 9:5 (NIV)

Ever worry about your children? Yes, me too.

When my eldest child, Ethan, was in first grade, he went to a public school with more than 1,000 kids. There were many unknowns to fear. What if he is taught something by his teacher I don’t agree with? What if he has a friend who shows him something inappropriate? What if his little 6-year-old worldview is shaped by pop culture instead of the Bible?

So I joined a weekly prayer group for kids and schools and asked my new friends to pray my son would find a Christian friend at school. The very next day Ethan said, “Guess what, Mom? I met a boy at recess and I asked if he was a Christian. He said, ‘Yes,’ and Mom, he’s in my class!”

While I was worrying at home, God was working at school.

Apparently, I’m in good company. The father of Israel’s first king was also prone to worrying about his son.

The family’s donkeys were lost, so Saul’s dad, Kish, sent him on a mission to find them. Accompanied by a servant, young Saul passed through the mountains of Ephraim and through the lands of Shalisha, Shalim, the Benjamites and finally the land of Zuph.

Far, far away from home, Saul turns to his servant and says, “ … Come, let’s go back, or my father will stop thinking about the donkeys and start worrying about us.”

I doubt Saul’s father was a weak-willed, easily-frightened man. The Bible describes him as a “mighty man of power” (1 Samuel 9:1b, KJV). Yet even the strongest can crumble under worry when it comes to their children.

Maybe Saul’s father wrestled with nagging questions, too. God’s prophet, Samuel, confirmed that Kish was indeed worried and had been asking others if they’d seen Saul (1 Samuel 10:2b, NLT). I imagine any number of questions were floating through his mind: What if my son is lost? What if my son is stuck in a ditch? What if my son has been injured and can’t get back home?

While he was wondering about Saul’s safe return home, God was preparing Saul to become the first king of Israel.

Saul wasn’t lost. He was exactly where God wanted him. The arduous journey to retrieve those pesky donkeys was designed by God to bring Saul to Samuel.

It’s a reminder that instead of worrying about my children and their problems, I should pray for them. And recognize the challenging journeys they face at school — or in life — may be exactly what they need in order to hear God’s voice and receive His direction for their lives.

My son Ethan is now in junior high. Thankfully, he is still friends with that Christian boy God illuminated in first grade.

Just like young Saul left on a mission to retrieve donkeys and then returned as the chosen king of Israel, your child (or a child you care about) is on a personal journey of faith. One filled with unexpected challenges and blessings. Don’t worry along the way; instead pray. Take heart. In the midst of our worries and concerns, we can rest assured God is at work.

Dear Lord, I commit the children in my life to You. Help me not to worry about them, but pray in faith, believing You are at work. I will not be anxious today. I will be patient, waiting on Your answers for their lives. Thank You for working on my behalf. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Psalm 138:8, “The LORD will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.” (NKJV)

Philippians 4:6-7, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (NIV)

cc: @nicole @olubusola @oyinpd @blessedob @bosa @pearl @ldike@chybaby@sommie@ivie@nadia@iyawodiipo@biodun@ange @angel @akosua @bimpe @fadekemi @demmie@bigmummy@tynah@elle@fruitfulvine@goldie10 @eby@drkome@beautilicious @mrsfab @diamond1 @seyiblak1 @crystal@alexa @funyi@bibi.

Culled from http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/#sthash.H2ufUHuP.dpuf

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for not giving in to temptation20th September, 2016: Don’t Scratch That Itch

Today’s Truth

When tempted, no one should say, ‘God is tempting me.’ For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed (James 1:13-14, NIV).

Friend to Friend

I woke up that morning with a spider bite the size of a quarter. It may as well have been the size of North Carolina for as much as it itched! I was half-tempted to scrape my arm off because the nasty bite was just begging to be scratched, but I’ve learned a thing or two in my forty-plus years, and this one thing I know for sure: it’s best to NOT scratch this type of itch.

It’d be like opening a bag of chips with the naive intention of eating only one.Yeah, right!

I knew that if I started scratching my bug bite, it would be nearly impossible to stop. I would regret having ever started.

Super-itchy bug bites are a lot like temptations. Temptations are itchy! The call to us with urgent voices that scream, “Scratch me!  Scratch me!”  Yet, in all reality, a little scratch will not satisfy temptation’s itch at all… it will just make matters worse. When we scratch the itch of temptation, the itch doesn’t diminish. To the contrary, it increases.

The Bible teaches us that when we resist temptation, our faith is mobilized and our character is strengthened. Joseph is a great example of this. (For the full account, pause here and read Genesis 39.)

Joseph was a man of integrity who did right in the eyes of the Lord. Even so, he faced some serious temptations. His boss’s wife, Mrs. Potiphar, seduced him. Yowsa! You see, Mrs. Potiphar wanted her husband’s right-hand man to sleep with her, and she pursued him with aggression. Her temptation was a hand-delivered invitation for Joseph to sin that had itchy written all over it.

But he flat-out refused. Joseph’s heart was determined to honor God.

“My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife.  How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?” Though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her (Genesis 39:9-10).

Temptation chased Joseph relentlessly. Day after day.

Oh, how he must have longed for the itching to stop! To give in would be sinful and was simply not an option. So on the day that Potiphar’s wife caught him by the cloak and begged again for Joseph to sleep with her, Joseph ran out of the house. He ran from that tempting situation as fast as his legs would carry him! (And he lost a lotbecause of his noble choice, clothes being just the beginning.)

The big takeaway? God was honored in Joseph’s response. He ran from temptation and we would be wise to do the same. What do you need to run from today? Have you determined in your heart to honor God in everything?

Temptation comes in all shapes and sizes.  It might be calling your name from your pantry – or from your computer – or in a sale ad – or from a bottle – or from another cubicle in your office.

What temptations do you face today? Name them and run the other way!

Don’t scratch that itch!

Determine in your heart that you will choose the path that brings honor to God, and call on Him for strength.

Dealing with temptation isn’t easy. When that nasty spider bit my arm, I struggled not to scratch the bite. I had to redirect my thinking to persevere through the temptation. When we come face to face with temptations, God’s strength is always available to us. (And let’s not be stubborn! We need God’s strength because our best efforts will fail us.)

So call on the Lord to help you resist temptation today. When you do, you position yourself in His peace and protection, your faith is mobilized, and your character is strengthened. Win. Win. Win.

Let’s Pray

Dear Lord, I need You so much. I constantly find myself being tempted. Please strengthen me to run the other way and give me the wisdom to run to Your arms. I want to be a woman of godly character. Help me be that woman!

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

I wish my temptations were always as simple as the itch of a pesky little bug bite!  But, of course, they aren’t.  Each of us will encounter some real whoppers in our lives. James chapter one tells us that when we persevere through trials and temptations, one rewards is maturity. That really encourages me!  I hope it encourages you as well.

cc: @nicole @olubusola @oyinpd @blessedob @bosa @pearl@ldike@chybaby@sommie@ivie@nadia@iyawodiipo@biodun@ange @angel @akosua @bimpe @fadekemi@demmie@bigmummy@tynah@elle@fruitfulvine@goldie10 @eby@drkome@beautilicious @mrsfab @diamond1@seyiblak1 @crystal@alexa @funyi@bibi @geraldine @mula @oyinpd

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Good morning ladies, here’s the devotional for today. :heart:   :heart:

Divine Peace

Image result for woman at peace

Philippians 4:7 – And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (emphasis added).

Peace, eirene(gr) shalom(hb) – Harmonious relationship, friendliness, freedom from molestation, quietness, the sense of rest and contentment, wholeness, full, finished, made perfect, entire.

God is telling you today, that you will be free from all forms of molestation. You will enjoy quietness and rest in your life. Your life will be whole and together. The period of dissatisfaction is over. Please be aware that peace is not the absence of war but dominion over it. Peace is not absence of the devil but the subduing of the devil from having a place in your affairs.

As you are aware, God is at peace, not because the devil does not exist or for lack of enemies against His purpose but rather because their existence cannot steal from Him or deter Him from what He has purposed to do. He is the Most High so the devil’s operations are too low to read on God’s scale of operations. Remember, we are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus so we are privileged to be on the same wavelength as God. The plans of the devil to rob us of our peace are impossible if we walk with this consciousness.

From the scripture in Romans 15, you will see that every time the devil comes to trouble you, you squash his plans with divine peace. Paul said in Act 20:24 that none of these things moved him because he had the revelation of the peace of God that belongs to him. The things he was referring to in those scriptures were troubles. The peace of God was more real to him than the trouble the devil was throwing at him.

Living with this consciousness of divine peace is living on a higher level. It is living in the atmosphere of God Himself. If you have the peace of God within, you will be able to calm the storm without. Today, I want you to begin to develop your ammunition of the abiding peace of God within you by taking up scriptures on peace and meditating on them continuously until you become more aware of God’s peace than of the troubles around you. Become fully mindful of God’s peace.

Every day I go about my business, I know that God is literally with me and I am his agent of peace to my world. Where there is sickness, I bring the peace of healing. Where there is poverty, I bring the peace of prosperity. Where there is pain, I bring the peace of relief. Where there are demons, I bring the peace of the Holy Spirit. It is important that we all carry this consciousness because our world is waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God. We are the children of Peace. God is called the God of peace. The first step to receiving, manifesting and releasing God’s peace is through the knowledge of divine peace and faith in its ability to provide total wholeness.

For Further Study

Romans 16:20, Romans 15:13, John 14:27, Psalm 23:4, Acts 20:24

According to the Bible, Jesus gave me His peace and I received it. Therefore, peace is mine in Christ. Because I have the peace of God, today my life will be whole and full of good things. I will not be troubled or dismayed.

What does true peace mean to you?

Is your definition of peace the same as God’s definition of peace?

Who or what is the source of your peace?

cc: @nicole @olubusola @oyinpd @blessedob @bosa@pearl@ldike@chybaby@sommie@ivie@nadia@iyawodiipo@biodun@ange @angel @akosua @bimpe@fadekemi@demmie@bigmummy@tynah@elle@fruitfulvine@goldie10 @eby@drkome@beautilicious @mrsfab@diamond1@seyiblak1 @crystal@alexa @funyi@bibi @geraldine @mula @oyinpd

Culled from http://christiancommunitychurcharklow.hdpm.org/divine-peace/

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 356 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.