Sharing spiritual support and prayers!

Daily Meditation

337 replies, 13 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 1 day, 8 hours ago
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 338 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

20th September,  2017. :heart:

Good morning  beloved of The Most High. :flasher: Today’s devotional and prayer is here.

A Prayer Against Spiritual Warfare

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33

Are you in a battle today, and it’s taking more than just a physical toll on you? Are you finding it difficult to find the words to tell the devil to be gone? Spiritual warfare is crippling, real, and troublesome, but Jesus has already won us the victory! Pray along with these words now and let the Lord break the chains of fear and bondage!

Jesus, sometimes I can almost sense the heaviness of pressure mounting and the ominous presece of darkness around me. I recognize my enemy is at work again. Whether he’s trying to discourage me to get sidetracked, to fall into temptation, to give up, or to take my eyes off you, he’s always hanging around.

I need your supernatural power, Lord, to stand strong and not surrender. Physical force won’t help, because you’ve said the weapons of our warfare are different from those in this world. As believers, ours are powerful and can demolish strongholds and lies. These supernatural weapons originate from you. By your precious name and blood, Jesus, I’m asking you to confuse Satan and cancel his attempts to shut me and my influence down. Help me not to become discouraged or to give in when heavy times of testing come.

When I’m tired and weak, you are strong, Lord, and you are my only source of help. I cannot fight without you. Teach me how to pray and to trust you to pull down those strongholds that keep me or others helpless. Guard me from isolation that leaves me exposed and vulnerable. I believe you destroyed the power of my enemy by your death and resurrection. But like a bad penny, my enemy keeps showing up, whispering lies, twisting truth, and attempting to inflate my selfish pride. He never gives up.

I am declaring the devil and his demons liars today, Lord. Through the power of your precious name and blood, I agree with your Word and the truth that you are in me and that you are greater than my enemy who wants to rule the world. You, your Word, and prayer, Lord, are my secret weapons. I belong to you, and that fills me with a powerful God-confidence. I want to constantly dress in the spiritual armor you give me. Help me use it to defend others from Satan’s fiery darts as well. No one and nothing can snatch me away from your hand.

Strengthen my faith, Lord. Forgive my sins, so that I may be clean in your righteousness. Make me brave, so I can stand and fight the spiritual battles in my life and in our world. Give me your wisdom and discernment so I won’t be caught off guard. Together, Lord, we’ll win, because in truth, you already have.

In Jesus’s powerful name before which every knee shall bow, Amen!

cc: @nicole @lala @bosa @bibi @peace @uloma @ketty  @smiley

Culled from http://www.ibelieve.com/devotionals/your-daily-prayer/a-prayer-against-spiritual-warfare-your-daily-prayer-september-20-2017.html

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

21st September,  2017

Good morning.  Wishing you the best of this day. Here’s the daily devotional  :heart:  

Peaceful on Purpose

Peace I leave with you; My [perfect] peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. [Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge.] — John 14:27 (AMP)

When Jesus left this earth, He said that He was leaving His peace with us. Now the decision we have to make is, are we going to choose to live in the peace He has given us?

Of course, the devil works overtime to try to get you upset. Why? Because he knows that if you don’t remain peaceful, you can’t hear from God.

If you watch your life, you’ll be amazed at how many times a week Satan launches an attack against you for the sole purpose of stealing your peace. When I finally saw that, God said to me in my spirit, “Joyce, if the devil wants your peace that badly, then there must be something pretty powerful about being peaceful.”

It’s true! So now when the devil tries to steal my peace, I enjoy holding on to it, knowing that I’m getting the better of him. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel upset, but I can do something positive about it—I can control myself and be peaceful on purpose.

Being peaceful on purpose is something we have to do for ourselves. Will you choose God’s peace?

Culled from https://www.joycemeyer.org/dailydevo

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

22nd September, 2017

Hello all, today’s devotional is here and it’s a beautiful one.

Image result for When You Feel Like Prayer Isn’t Working

When You Feel Like Prayer Isn’t Working

“Jesus said, ‘My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.’” John 5:17 (NIV)

I looked at his mug shot and felt my heart tear in two. I had prayed for this man my entire adult life. And now he was in jail.

From the outside, Richard’s (not his real name) life looked hopeless. Alcohol. Anger. Hate. Unemployment. Failed relationships. Richard’s rollercoaster life had fewer highs and more lows as time progressed. And now he was behind bars.

Two days after Richard’s arrest, I went online and read the details of the police report. It was the time of arrest that grabbed my heart … 8:32.

Oh friend, that was no coincidence. The officer could have easily rounded the time to 8:30. But no, it was 8:32.

For 20 years, John 8:32 was my personalized license plate. Just a simple reminder of the importance of truth: “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (NIV) It’s what I consider to be my life verse. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked at a digital clock on any given day, and it read 8:32. I take it as a God-wink from my Heavenly Father letting me know that He sees me and loves me.

And on this day, I just knew God was saying to me … I see him. I love him. I’ve got this. He’s not hopeless. Not by a long shot!

In 1 Kings 18:41-45, there’s a story about a prophet named Elijah. God had caused a 3-1/2-year drought in Israel because His people followed foreign gods. Miracle after miracle occurred during those years, but it’s what happened at the end of the drought that caught my attention.

Elijah sent a message to King Ahab to let him know that the 42-month dry spell was coming to an end, even though there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.

After delivering the news, Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground, and put his face between his knees.

“‘Go and look toward the sea,’ he told his servant.” (1 Kings 18:43a, NIV) (He wanted him to see if there was a cloud.)

“There’s nothing there,” (1 Kings 18:43b, NIV) the servant said upon his return.

Six times Elijah sent the servant back down the mountain to see if there was a cloud. Six times he returned reporting there was not.

Elijah said, “Go back.” (v. 43)

He observed the sky and came back to tell Elijah the news.

“A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea” (1 Kings 18:44b, NIV).

Here’s a question to ponder: Was God working the entire time the servant was running up and down Mt. Carmel, or did God make the cloud appear all of a sudden on the seventh trek? I don’t know for sure, but I think God was working the entire time.

I’m not much of a meterologist, but I do remember a little bit about rain cycles from elementary school. Water falls from the sky into oceans, rivers and lakes. The sun heats the water, and it evaporates as water vapor. The vapor rises from the earth into the atmosphere, cools, then forms droplets called condensation.

Little droplets get together and form bigger droplets. Eventually those droplets form clouds. When the droplets get too heavy, they fall back to the earth as precipitation into oceans, rivers and lakes. Then the cycle starts all over again.

So God was working on the servant’s first run down the mountain; the servant just couldn’t see it. As Jesus said, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working” (John 5:17). Just because you can’t see God working doesn’t mean He’s not.

I don’t know what you’re praying about today, but don’t give up. God is always working … even if we can’t see it.

And Richard? He wasn’t in jail long. God is still working, and I’m still praying. I see a cloud about the size of a man’s hand.

Lord, I pray that You will open __________ eyes to see You and follow You. Even though I might not see You working, I know You are. I believe, and I will not give up hope. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Philippians 1:6, “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (NIV)

Galatians 6:9, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” (NIV)

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/encouragement/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

25th September, 2017

Good morning lovely people. Hope you had a beautiful weekend. Today’s devotional is here.

Image result for god's dream for your life

God’s Dream for Your Life

But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding. Job 32:8 (NIV)

Years ago I made a decision to drop out of college. Then a young mom with two children and one on the way, I believed college was just too much to manage. I hoped that when my kids started school I’d go back to school myself, but that didn’t happen. Instead, I began homeschooling. I also took an interest in writing. While my kids napped, I worked on articles and novels. I attended writers’ conferences and met with other writers. I had big dreams, with very little education.

Unfortunately I met rejection for many years, and there was a time that I felt like giving up. I was certain I was wasting my time. And that’s when I turned to Jesus in prayer. I relinquished all of my hopes, dreams, and writing ideas to Him. As I prayed, Jesus reminded me of the little girl who checked out more books at the library than she could possibly carry home. Jesus reminded me of the stories I made up in my head. He showed me that He’d planted these seeds in my heart, even as a child. Writing wasn’t my idea but His.

Over the years I’ve written over fifty books, and I’ve depended on Jesus for every one of them. I don’t have a college degree, but He leads me to the right information and research. I’ve met amazing people who’ve led me along the way. When I turn to Jesus, He gives me understanding. His presence was there at creation, and it’s in each of us as we strive to follow the plans He’s uniquely designed for each of us.

Faith Step: What did you enjoy doing the most when you were young? What brought you joy? Pray and ask Jesus if there are dreams He has for you that He wants to fulfill. Then relinquish your dreams and ask to follow His.

Culled from https://www.guideposts.org/faith-and-prayer/daily-devotions/devotions-for-women/gods-dream-for-your-life

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

26th September, 2017

Hello all, today’s devotional is here.

Whispers from God to a Hungry Heart

“He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6b (NIV)

Devotion Graphic

I heard the whisper of God in, of all places, a nail salon.

I was a young aspiring actor who’d come to Los Angeles with a dream. I barely knew myself and certainly didn’t know God.

To pay my bills I worked jobs I despised, hearing they might help me in the entertainment world. But I soon discovered it was far from satisfying. I was living alone and terribly lonely. There had to be something more in life — something better.

In the absence of meaningful relationships, I craved food, having struggled with an eating disorder for years. I’d sit at home alone, watch TV and eat.

I began to gain weight and then dove into reading hundreds of self-help books on health and wholeness, motivation, well-being and alternative medicine. Still, I felt empty.

I craved something more than fun, diversion and health … more than celebrity. But what?Looking back, I see my inner hunger drove me to search for ways to fill myself, but none of them worked.

Soul hunger or not, a girl can’t live in Los Angeles without getting her nails done — especially a wannabe actor. So I religiously took my place in a chair at the nail salon.

As I sat there, I read a Ladies Home Journal article which outlined a healthy eating plan with a spiritual understanding of our bodies and innermost person. The program incorporated daily prayer, confession, and — of all things — Bible reading. Something stirred in me. The article pulled back the curtain to peer deep into my soul, where my hunger originated. I knew I was reading truth.

Daily, I began to keep a journal, pray and read Bible verses — all completely new to me. As I did, I felt a deep awakening in my heart, and power was flowing into me.

One day, I started to panic about my upcoming car payment. My first instinct kicked in — I bolted to grab something sweet. Suddenly, I stopped and prayed, “God, if this prayer stuff really works, then I’m coming to You first.” The urge to eat passed. Within a day, a check arrived for a small job I’d recently done. Car payment covered!

Whoa. There really was something to this spiritual stuff. Through prayer and Bible reading, I began to understand how empty my heart felt for the first time. I was hungry to be filled.

Eventually, I got up my nerve and showed up to a local church small group. Most of the women there knew a lot more about God and the Bible than I did, but to my amazement, they were kind and welcomed me; I knew I’d be back.

I’d never sat in a circle and had people actually pray for me. Tears ran down my cheeks. Their prayers made me feel cared for and encouraged, as if I mattered personally to them and to God. Wanting to contribute to the group, I started to read my Bible more.

From reading, I finally realized I was hearing the whispers of God. God was accomplishing His purposes in me and whispering His love through two powerful means: His Word and His people. God had begun “a good work” in me and I knew He would “carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:6b).

Today, I treasure those memories as major milestones on my faith journey. Far before I knew God, He knew me and loved me. He placed His word in my life at a nail salon and then sent me to the dear ladies at church to sow seeds of faith into my life — seeds that have grown into a vibrant personal friendship with God and that continue to grow ever-deeper roots.

Dear Lord, thank You for beginning Your good work in our lives and using Your Word and Your people to complete it. Stir our hunger for Your Word and stir our thirst for fellowship with others who carry Your love into our lives. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Philippians 1:9-10, “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ.” (NIV)

Culled from http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  Oluwakemi.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

27th September, 2017

Good morning all. It’s a beautiful day loaded with daily mercies for our Father in Heaven. One of it is  the daily devotional below. Enjoy :heart:   :heart:

Related image

A Long Walk of Faith

“Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.” Genesis 5:24 (NIV)

Is there a person in the Bible whose story you simply love? One who encourages you, challenges you or with whom you share a similar life circumstance?

Perhaps it’s Moses and his keen leadership skills? Or, Esther — the compelling queen, both beautiful and brainy — who used her quick thinking to help save an entire nation? Maybe Joseph is your favorite, as you contemplate how someone so mistreated could continually take the high road which led him not only to political power but also to family forgiveness?

All of these are fabulous choices, but I choose Enoch.

I first heard of Enoch as a teen, and he fascinated me. Not a lot is written about him in the pages of Scripture, but what is there piqued my interest: Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away” (Genesis 5:24). Hmmm. My young mind pondered that strange description.

As I grew in my faith, I learned more about this Old Testament mystery man. In Hebrews 11:5-6 we catch more of the story. By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: ‘He could not be found, because God had taken him away.’ For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him (NIV).

That’s it! Enoch was whisked away, spared the pain of death and transported immediately to God’s side, all because of one simple thing: He pleased God.

I say simple, but I don’t say easy.

It is a simple thing to please God. You just do what He says in His Word. Straightforward enough, right?

However, my years as a follower of Christ have taught me that simple is not always easy. Choices present themselves, the world screams, our flesh gets in the way and we want revenge or glory … so we often lack faith, and instead try to control our own destinies. We mess up the pleasing God part with our very own hands and hearts.

Enoch walked with God.

Oh, don’t we long for that to be said of us? I’ll admit I don’t always walk with God. I take a stand for God — believe the right things and make it known. I may walk after God. And sadly, sometimes I run ahead of God, make my own plans and then say, “Oh yeah. By the way God, do ya mind blessin’ these plans? I made them in Your name. I may have forgotten to consult You in the midst of them, but they are for You, alright?” What a shame and a sham!

Walking with God means we daily give up our desire to navigate our own lives, and we place our faith in Him. We admit He knows what’s best for us and realize He might not always reveal the hows and whys until the very last second. God is seldom early, but never late. Only day-by-day faith-walking pleases God.

Do you long to be one who pleases God this way? One who makes Him smile as He sees you place complete trust in Him and His infinite wisdom daily? Maybe then we just might be like my Bible hero Enoch … the one who walked so closely by our Creator’s side that one day, during one of those long walks, God looked at him and said, “You know, we’ve been walking together for so long now that we are actually closer to My house than yours. Why don’t you just come on home with Me right now?”

Glory! Well, at least that’s how I picture it.

Dear Lord, show me how to walk step by step with You in faith — not ahead of You or behind You, but right by Your side. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    2 Corinthians 5:7, “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” (ESV)

Culled from http://www.christianity.com/devotionals/encouragement-for-today-proverbs-31/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

28th September,  2017

Good morning lovely people. It’s a wet morning here, nonetheless glorious. :angel: Today’s devotional is here.

Our Spiritual Heritage

Jesus came to earth to be the perfect, sinless sacrifice for us because we do not have the ability to be perfect in the natural realm. Because of His sacrifice, we can become more like Jesus every day. And we receive our spiritual heritage when we live as Jesus lived.

Now, living righteously like Jesus doesn’t happen overnight, and we will all stumble. After all, if we were perfect, we wouldn’t need a Savior! Still, we must desire in our hearts to fulfill and enjoy our spiritual heritage. We also must learn to trust God, knowing that He will develop us into the likeness of His own Son, Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:11-12 says, In Him we…obtained an inheritance… So that we who first hoped in Christ [who first put our confidence in Him have been destined and appointed to] live for the praise of His glory!

You have an inheritance, and God wants you to live with a sense of peace and security that comes from knowing who you are and Whose you are.

Will you trust God and let Him change you daily, making you more and more like His Son?

Culled from https://joycemeyer.org/dailydevo

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

29th September, 2017

Hello!!!! Joshua placed two choices before the children of Isreal, life or death, but he urged them to choose life. That choice is still relevant today and that is what today’s article is all about. Choose God…choose life.

Image result for God up

Give Up or God-Up

“Therefore, since God in his mercy has given us this new way, we never give up.” 2 Corinthians 4:1 (NLT)

Problems kept piling up — many of which I had no power or resources to resolve. I was perpetually living in survival mode and found myself simply spent.

One morning, after another set of seemingly hopeless issues reared their ugly heads, tears began to roll. I let out a heavy sigh and in a quivering voice spoke out loud, “God, I literally don’t think I can take anymore.”

Maybe you can relate.

Maybe you’re a single parent, like me, and financial worries coupled with the emotional weight of parenting and being alone feels overwhelming …

Maybe you try to live frugally, yet money never seems to stretch far enough …

Maybe you’re unhappy at your job, but no other opportunities have arisen …

Maybe your heart longs for a husband, but you’re tired of the dating game …

Maybe you feel unloved or betrayed by someone close to you, and nothing seems to improve no matter how hard you pray …

Maybe your circumstances feel out-of-control and change seems hopeless …

The day I said “I can’t take this anymore,” I felt like giving up. Maybe you’ve felt that way, too.

But upon uttering those words and admitting my weakness, I felt a nudge to my spirit. I knew I needed to focus on God instead of my circumstances and worries. I needed to refocus on what He had done in my life, rather than what He had not yet done. I needed to believe instead of doubt Him, and place my trust in the only One who actually could fix things.

As I intentionally adjusted my focus, hope and peace slowly returned. Faith alone helped me to God-up instead of give up. Not because I had the strength to do so, but because I had God’s strength within me which pushed me forward in faith, just like the apostle Paul.

In 2 Corinthians 4, Paul encouraged the church at Corinth not to give up. He reminded the people they each held a treasure in their heart — the spirit of God — which was the sole reason they could persevere when they felt like quitting in the face of adversities, especially when it came to defending the gospel.

Second Corinthians 4:1 says, “Therefore, since God in his mercy has given us this new way, we never give up.” We see proof that although he stumbled, Paul consistently focused on God. The “new way” he referenced meant we don’t have to follow endless laws like in the Old Testament, because we have His spirit within us since Jesus died on the cross. Instead, we can enjoy the gifts of grace, mercy, hope and strength.

We read throughout Scripture that every time Paul wanted to give up, he chose to God-up instead. He chose to depend on God’s power and strength instead of his own.

Paul’s faith equipped and inspired him to keep going to God, despite earthly, common-sense reasons to quit. Over his lifetime, Paul suffered greatly: He was imprisoned, beaten, stoned, shipwrecked, chased mercilessly by enemies, and lived fearfully in caves.

He suffered mental and spiritual exhaustion in addition to physical pain, hunger, thirst and difficult living conditions. That’s enough to make anyone want to give up! Yet despite his weakest moments, he never did.

The choices Paul made each day to God-up instead of give up filled him with strength and perseverance he could have never found on his own.

Maybe for reasons only you and God know, you’ve found yourself saying “I can’t take anymore,” too. Maybe giving up hope about that difficult situation, problem or relationship seems easier than hanging on to it. It’s okay. Everyone struggles with those thoughts and feelings at times. But like Paul, the moment we catch ourselves feeling that way we can choose to give up or God-up.

We can let our thoughts and feelings deplete us of strength, hope and joy, or we can lean fully into God and ask for Him to carry us in our weakest moments.

When we God-up, instead of give up, God will always show up.

Lord, I’m tired. And I really do secretly want to give up. Please fill my heart with peace. Help me see You at work in the situations in my life and trust You are in control. Replace my hopelessness with happiness in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    2 Corinthians 4:8-9, “We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.” (NLT)

Culled from https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/proverbs-31-ministries/read/devotionals/encouragement-for-today-devotionals-for-women/give-up-or-god-up-encouragement-for-today-september-29-2017-11780073.html

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

2nd October, 2017

Good morning. Hope you’re having a beautiful day. It’s Independence Day holiday here in Nigeria. We declare the peace of the Lord upon our nation and upon our people in Jesus name. Amen. Today’s devotional is here.

A Prayer for Small Miracles

“Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.” – Hebrews 13:7

The Israelites lived in fear of their enemies the Midianites. The Midianites had numbers so large, they were described in the Bible as being “as numerous as locusts” (Judges 6:5). They were everywhere, and the children of Israel were greatly outnumbered.

They needed to defeat the Midianites, but they needed someone to lead them. So God found a man named Gideon. When we’re first introduced to Gideon in Judges 6, he was hiding from his enemies, threshing wheat. Then an angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon and said, “The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!” (verse 12).

I can imagine Gideon looking around and saying, “Who? Are you talking to me?” If there was anything Gideon was not at that moment, it was a mighty man of valor. But through a series of events in Gideon’s life, he was transformed and became a man of great courage. He summoned the people to go into battle against the Midianites.

Then the Lord came to Gideon one day and delivered a message that I’m sure he wasn’t pleased to hear: his army was too big. Maybe Gideon said, “You’re joking! I love it when you joke, Lord! Too big! We’re already outnumbered, and we’re too big!”

But God wasn’t kidding. He didn’t want anyone to say they defeated the Midianites in their own strength. So He gave Gideon a test for the men that would thin out the ranks. In the end, Gideon was left with 300 men. And with 300 men God defeated the Midianites.

You see, our numbers don’t have to be large. God can do a lot with a little. And God can use little people to do big things. You are never too small for God to use, but you can be too big.

Heavenly Father, there are days when we don’t know what to do. When all direction seems to lead us nowhere. We ask that you guide us in these difficult times. Help us to rise up as courageous leaders. Give us the strength and wisdom to accomplish your will and to stand firm upon your commands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Culled from http://www.ibelieve.com/devotionals/your-daily-prayer/a-prayer-for-small-miracles-your-daily-prayer-october-2-2017.html

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

3rd October, 2017

Hello all. Today’s devotional is here.

Image result for hope

Daring to Hope

“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” 2 Corinthians 9:8 (NIV)

I was tired.

In five short years, I’d become a mother to 13, grown a ministry of 60 staff members which provided schooling and discipleship to over 700 children, and learned to function in a completely different culture.

I sat at a school and watched children dance as they sang in a language I still only half-understood. My mind wandered back over the years:

• The day I moved halfway around the world, from Nashville to Uganda, thinking I’d only stay a year.
    • The day God planted in my heart to begin Amazima, with the goal of teaching His truth to families in my village.
    • The day a house collapsed on a little girl I had adopted. What started as a short-term foster situation became a permanent adoption as she and her siblings filled up my heart and home following their grandmother’s death.
    • The joy when, with a few friends and a few dollars and a lot of faith, Amazima sent 40 children to school for the first time.

I shifted in my rickety chair as the students recited a poem, but instead of their words I heard a whisper, “Let’s do it again.”

I knew it was from the Lord, as the thought rose from a place deep inside.

Recently, Amazima staff leadership and I discussed opening a secondary school in Uganda. We felt it would simply be too much. We were already spread thin. But as the idea persisted, we committed to spend a few days praying and fasting over it together. Today was the last day before we’d make a decision.

“Let’s do it again,” I felt the whisper a second time.

Later that day, I haphazardly flipped open my Bible, still mulling over the words I felt the Lord had spoken to me. My eyes fell on 2 Corinthians 9:8, and tears filled my eyes as I read, “And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”

All things. All times. All that we need.

The next morning, I told the leadership team I felt God leading us to build the school. It would require more than we had, but I was confident He wanted to use it to make disciples. Thus began years of research, planning, dreaming and praying.

Another five years have passed, and in our first year operating The Amazima Secondary School, 72 students received a Christian education from compassionate, Jesus-loving teachers. As I listened to parents describe how this school is changing lives, I blinked back tears and remembered His words to me.

“Let’s do it again.”

He’s spoken those words many times, calling me out of my comfort zone to places where I would not have enough time or resources and would have to lean on Him. And each time He has been all things, in all times, and given everything I needed.

When I was joyfully preparing to marry the most wonderful man, but also grieving the life of “just me and the girls,” He whispered, “Let’s do it again. Come with Me again to this place of uncertainty where you lean on Me to be all you need.”

When we wondered about opening our home to addicts, AIDS patients and homeless people, He spoke softly, “Let’s do it againAnd I will be with you, and where you don’t have enough, I will be enough.”

When I was pregnant with our first son, excited yet terribly worried he’d alter our family dynamic, that our girls might draw comparisons between the way they entered our family and the way he did, those same words rose up, “Let’s do it again.”

In the past decade, God has drawn me to places of uncertainty, trepidation, even hardship. Time and again, He’s asked me to trust Him, and He’s given me all I ever needed. Maybe you agree, or you’re still uncertain whether God will provide. I’ve been there.

But today, I sat on the other side. I saw clearly that even in the most difficult times, God always provides, always uses all of it for my good and His glory as He draws me closer to Him.

Whatever your circumstance, God will be all things in all times. He will be all you need.

Father God, thank You for always drawing us closer. Give us eyes to see Your work in and around us, and increase our faith so we can trust You more. Thank You for being faithful to us again and again. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    2 Corinthians 9:10-11, “Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” (NIV)

Culled from http://www.ibelieve.com/devotionals/encouragement-for-today/encouragement-for-today-october-3-2017.html

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

4th October, 2017

Good morning lovely people. Hope you’re loving the cool weather, this side of heaven. Today’s devotional is here.

Image result for honesty

Appreciate Honesty from Other People

Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend [to show rage or worthy of purpose].

— Proverbs 27:17

Everyone loves compliments, but very few know how to handle constructive criticism. No one likes to be wrong, which makes it hard when people need to tell us things we don’t want to hear.

But we need to be thankful for honesty in other people. I once heard someone say, “Only two people will tell you the truth about yourself: someone who is angry with you and someone who loves you very much.” God uses both types of people in our lives, but He especially uses the honesty of friends and loved ones.

When someone can, in love, honestly show you how you can improve, the results are so much more valuable than empty, ego-stroking compliments. It’s this kind of relationship that the Bible describes as “iron sharpening iron.”

I urge you to be thankful for people who tell you the truth about yourself, even if it’s not what you want to hear.

When you hear the truth—especially something you weren’t aware of—you can change. Ultimately, honesty will make you a better person.

Culled from https://joycemeyer.org/dailydevo

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

5th October, 2017

Hello!!! Today’s devotional is here.

Image result for gossip

Can You Keep a Secret?

“A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret.” Proverbs 11:13(NIV)

You’re hanging out with friends. Sharing a meal, sharing your lives. Someone’s name comes up. Someone who isn’t there.

A comment is made. “Have you seen ______?” Then another. “Well, I heard ______.”

Once people realize you know the person they’re talking about better than anyone else at the table, heads turn in your direction. Faces look at you expectantly. What happens next depends on how willing you are to honor today’s key verse from Proverbs and the One who wrote it.

We often think of gossip as a verb — something we do. But here it’s a noun — something we are: “A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret” (Proverbs 11:13).

Whether we’re aware of it or not, gossip is often fueled by a desperate need for attention. Look at me. Listen to me. I know a secret. I must be special.

For some people, this sort of behavior isn’t even a temptation, let alone a common practice. We wouldn’t dream of wounding a friend or betraying another’s trust. When we say, “Your secret is safe with me,” we mean it. If you beg us, “Don’t tell anyone,” we don’t. My friend Rebecca is like this; a co-worker called her “The Vault.”

But others feel uncomfortable when the topic of gossip comes up. Frankly, we enjoy passing along some interesting story we’ve heard. We don’t consider ourselves heartless or thoughtless — mainly just curious and gregarious. What we see, we share. What we discover, we uncover. If we promise not to tell, we won’t, but if no such promise is made, we convince ourselves we mean no harm.

Only you and the Lord know which description fits you. I confess, I fall in both camps: totally zipped lips with the big stuff that truly matters, then less careful with the small stuff that seems insignificant (but really isn’t).

For all who walk in victory, praise God. For those of us who still struggle, He is willing and able to remake us into trustworthy people. Even if talking about others is deeply ingrained in our nature, God is able to change us through the transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who can keep us from sharing private confidences meant for our ears alone.

Alas, it took me a long time to learn this.

In my early years of writing and speaking, my favorite stories were about my kids. Some incidents were funny, others tender and all were real-life relatable. How could I go wrong? I’ll tell you how — by not asking my child’s permission to share them.

After an especially bad day at school, our daughter who was 10 at the time, posted a handwritten sign on her bedroom door that urged us to STAY OUT, including a list of reasons that were (I confess) highly amusing. Always grateful for new material, I laminated her sign and stuck it in the binder with my speaking notes. Audiences loved the story, and it was great fun to share — until the day Lilly found her sign in my binder.

“Mom!” Her eyes widened in dismay. “Why did you save this? And why is it in here?”

My face grew hot with shame. What could I say? That I’d told thousands of people about her bad day at school and her funny way of handling it? Even though I always ended the story on a sweet note, with her snuggled in my arms, nothing could erase the sad truth that I’d broadcast her words without asking if I could.

I apologized profusely. Begged her forgiveness. Asked her permission to share what I’d learned. And discovered a valuable (and humbling) lesson: Loose lips sink relationships. Trust is the buoy that keeps them afloat.

Heavenly Father, help me see “sharing” for what it truly is: thoughtless, careless, pointless gossip. Forgive me. Guide me. Lock my lips, and set me free. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Proverbs 21:23, “Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity.” (NIV)

Proverbs 16:28, “A perverse person stirs up conflict, and a gossip separates close friends.” (NIV)

Culled from http://www.ibelieve.com/devotionals/encouragement-for-today/encouragement-for-today-october-5-2017.html

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

6th October, 2017

Good  morning ladies and gentlemen. Today’s devotional is short and sweet and so straight to the point. However, it is packed with so much essence too. Enjoy.

Image result for jesus comforts

He Is- The Resurrection and the Life

John 11:17–27

Jesus had lingered a few days before answering Martha and Mary’s summons to help their dying brother. When Jesus arrived, Martha offered a stinging statement of faith: If you’d been here, Lazarus wouldn’t have died. Jesus brought Martha to deeper faith by revealing that he is the resurrection and the life.

Perhaps your faith needs a Martha transformation from If you had only done this … to Yes, Lord, I believe. When God seems to tarry, rather than saying If only, try, I believe. He is the resurrection and the life. His plans often involve greater works (like raising the dead) than you can imagine.

Culled from https://www.biblegateway.com/devotionals/womens-devotional-bible/today

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

May our faith be unwavering..Amen.

Thanks @oluwakemine I look forward to these devotions, even though we do not always reply. I am sure many of us enjoy them. :good:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

No, thank you @bosa :heart:   :heart:   :hugs:

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 338 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.