Sharing spiritual support and prayers!

Daily Meditation

280 replies, 13 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 13 hours, 51 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

12th May, 2017

Image result for identify who you areIdentify Who You Are

Let him turn away from wickedness and shun it, and let him do right. Let him search for peace (harmony; undisturbedness from fears, agitating passions, and moral conflicts) and seek it eagerly. [Do not merely desire peaceful relations with God, with your fellowmen, and with yourself, but pursue, go after them!]
    —1 Peter 3:11

Paul said, “I want to do what is right, but I can’t” (see Romans 7:15-25). He was a new person on the inside because he was born again, but he still had to resist the temptation to sin.

Paul explained that “the sin [principle]” (v. 20) continues to dwell in us. We want to do right, but we don’t have the power to perform it, because evil is ever present to tempt us to do wrong. Only God can deliver us from this tendency to sin; that is why we must ask Him to deliver us from evil each day.

Culled from https://www.joycemeyer.org/Articles/devotional.aspx

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

15th May, 2017

Good morning lovely people. It’s a brand new week to be AWESOME!!! Starting with the basics this week.

The Solution to Restlessness, Part 1

Today’s Truth

Truly my soul finds rest in God. (Psalm 62:1)

Friend to Friend

My friend Cammie is a children’s ministry director at a local church. One day, as she was preparing for the lesson she would teach on Sunday morning, she had an idea for a fun illustration that would require a few props. She asked her four-year-old daughter to help.

“Hey, Taylor! Can you please bring me a few of the Fisher Price people from your dollhouse?”

This reply came from her preschooler who was sitting across the room…

“No, Mom. They just want to chill out. They’ve had a long day.”

So funny… yet so not funny.

My word, people! When our children’s toys need a break, you know that it’s time for you and me to hit the pause button.

And, truth be told, I live smack dab in the messy middle of this tension.

The Old Testament indicates that David lived in the messy middle of it too. The Bible says that the Lord made David take a break. Yes. He made him do it. Look: “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.” (Psalm 23:1-3, emphasis mine)

I love the way Psalm 23 verse 3 is paraphrased in The Message, “True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.”

Yes. Please.

This is the desire of my heart. That I can catch my breath and be sent in the right direction by a loving God who knows what is best.

So, I – you – we have to be intentional. Life comes at us fast. If we are not careful, the dizzy pace at which we live can unwittingly become our weakness and demise.

I know you know this. I do too and yet somehow it still trips us up.

So what’s a woman to do?

Let’s keep it real here; we have obligations. We have families, jobs, friends, communities, and churches that need us. And though this will look different for each of us in the many seasons of life, our people depend on us a ton. They should. God tells us to put our faith into action (James 2). And we must. We must mobilize the hope we have in Christ. Serve. Show love. Feed the hungry. Minister to the widows and orphans. Yes. We must be women of action.

The Bible gives a clear and compelling teaching, however, about this life-pace topic that establishes our first call to action must be focused on the Lord himself! This get-with-Jesus business is the key to us experiencing the maximum abundance that God has in store for every believer.

What it all boils down to is this: God’s BEST requires REST.

So simple…. Yet so complicated.

It was Augustine who wrote, “God, you have made us for yourself, and our hearts are restless till they find their rest in you.”

Let me take this one step further by breaking down what the Word of God shows us about this very thing. When we rest in the presence of God, He restores our souls. Rest is the central ingredient in the restoration we all desperately need. Just look at the first four letters of the word!

Today and in part two of this devotion we are going to break down R.E.S.T. as an acronym and take a walk through Scripture to see just how God’s best for you is fueled by this discipline.

R.E.S.T. {Reflect. Engage. Surrender. Trust}

It all begins with reflection. There are two parts to this: reflecting ON God and allowing the Spirit of God to work within us so that we become better reflections OF God.

REFLECT on GOD:

“I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember Your miracles of long ago I will meditate on all Your works and consider all your mighty deeds.” (Psalm 77:11-12)

“I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done. I spread out my hands to You; my soul thirsts for You like a parched land.” (Psalm 143:5-6)

“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” (Isaiah 26:3)

REFLECT GOD:

“Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect Your principles!” (Psalm 119:5, NLT)

“And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is Spirit.”
    (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Oh, that we would be women of meaningful reflection.

Today let this truth sink in deep: when you reflect on God, you better reflect God.

Let’s Pray

Dear Lord, You are awesome and strong and gracious and kind. Your goodness knows no end. When I think about the ways You’ve brought hope, healing, and joy to my life I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Please help me to know you more – and to show you more – as I seek to find my rest in You.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

16th May, 2017

Good morning ladies and gentlemen :flasher:   :flasher:  Hope the weather is as cool where you are, as it’s as my end here. Today’s devotional is to remind of what our focus should really be on.

Image result for how not to love the world

Love Not the World

Do not love or cherish the world or the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. 

—1 John 2:15

Many today are far too attached to the things of this world. Our society is filled to the brim with commerce—there are stores on almost every corner. And everyone is busy making money so they can buy more things. God wants His children to be blessed with nice things, but the Bible tells us not to love them excessively. It is important to keep things in their proper place.

If you use what you have to bless others, God will see to it that you have everything you need and more. So your goal should be to enjoy the things God gives you and to share with others. This shows your love for the Father.

cc: @nicole @bosa @mamaibeji @bibi @pearl @heavenlymum @lala @uloma @peace

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

17th May, 2017

Good morning all. What a joy this day is :heart:   :heart:  Love all the way…True love…senseless love…mindless love. The devotional.

Image result for true love

True Love Does Exist

“The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.” 1 John 4:8 (NASB)

True love: quite possibly the most beautiful, powerful, amazing, confusing, misapplied, and overused words ever spoken.

We’ve witnessed our fair share of fiery romances, whether on the Hallmark channel or a Peanuts comic strip. But romance — as romantic as it may be — is not even half of true love. Eros, the Greek word for romantic love, is only one of four types of love. There’s also storge, the family bond; philia, friendship; and agape, unconditional love.

I’m not sure anything in life is better than loving and being loved. Yet look around — “love” is a mess! A skyrocketing divorce rate, family members who virtually hate each other, friendships un-friended into enemies, and … unconditional love? Oh please, there are always strings attached.

People often see love as a contract: I keep my side of the deal to be there for your needs, only if you keep your side of the deal to be there for my needs. If not, See ya — I’m outta here.

Sad, startling, yet true. We’re left wondering, is true love even the truth? We’ve taken note of the many examples of selfish love — if we can even call it love — all around us, but the perfect example of true love is right under our noses — in our hearts, actually.

God’s love for you and me is passionate, pure and beyond anything we’ve ever experienced, accepting us as we are. Our good, our sins, our past and our flaws are all bare before His eyes, yet being the perfect Gentleman and Father He is, He washes, changes, teaches and grows us tenderly. He reminds us of our worth and beauty as His daughters. He wants to forgive, bless and take care of us. He loves us with unconditional agape love.

Good news: His love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:8) We can love like that, too — not in our own strength or willpower, but by the Holy Spirit perfecting God’s love in our hearts. (1 John 4:12) The deeper we know God and His arduous, purposeful love for us and for others, the easier we can love others as an act of loving obedience to God.

First John 4:20 tells it like it is: “If someone says, ‘I love God,’ and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.” (NASB)

Of course. How can we defy God’s command to love the people He has placed in our lives and still claim to love Him? Our obedience to God’s Word comes from our love and reverence for Him who gave His all so we could keep on giving and loving like He has done for us.

It is only when we love God first and foremost that we can reach our full potential in loving others as friends, sisters, daughters, wives and mothers. As we grow in our love for God and in our knowledge of His love, we begin to change. We begin to see and love others differently.

In reality, true love happens when the stars don’t align, sparks dim and butterflies fly away. Love happens when we sacrifice, knowing we’ll get nothing in return. We are patient, kind, never envious or boastful, modeling 1 Corinthians 13 in our hearts and with our behavior without expecting payback or accolade. We lay down our lives in love.

Today’s key verse, 1 John 4:8 says, “The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.” I hope you find true love. I hope you and I grow so close to God that we naturally begin to “love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith (1 Timothy 1:5b, NASB). May you and I so overflow with God’s love that it runs up and over onto everyone we meet. His love will never fail, because God Himself is true love, and God never fails.

Heavenly Father, Thank You for loving me long before I ever loved You. Affirm Your love to me so I may know it well and pour it out on those around me. You are good, and Your love is perfect. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    1 Peter 1:22, “Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart.” (NASB)

cc: @nicole @bosa @mamaibeji @bibi @pearl @heavenlymum @lala @uloma @peace @ketty

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/encouragement/

Profile photo of Bibi
    Bibi
    Participant
    @Bibi

Thanks for this piece @oluwakemine. hmmmm!! Love during TTC, how can that be felt???

Profile photo of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

May we learn to love as Jesus loved the church….@bibi love, self love is most important during TTC. We are overly sensitive so every and anyone can hit the wrong note. When self love and remember our dear God loves us the way we are, it will help us to see others’ love for us. love you sis :heart:   :rose:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Bibi @bibi,I want you to read this paragraph again and confess it…if you will, “God’s love for you and me is passionate, pure and beyond anything we’ve ever experienced, accepting us as we are. Our good, our sins, our past and our flaws are all bare before His eyes, yet being the perfect Gentleman and Father He is, He washes, changes, teaches and grows us tenderly. He reminds us of our worth and beauty as His daughters. He wants to forgive, bless and take care of us. He loves us with unconditional agape love.”

God’s love knows no phases in life and TTC is a phase, He is present in that phase. With that knowledge, you can show to love yourself, be intentional about it.

So true, TTC can make a woman extra sensitive but be reminded, He loves you like no other. Not even like I love you, :haha: even though, I love you like kilode :heart:   :heart:   :flasher:   :hugs:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

18th May, 2017

Good morning all :heart:   :heart:   :heart: It’s about love today again. Yes, there is a purpose behind it. :yes:   :yes:

Image result for love can change people

Love Can Change People

…The righteous gives and does not spare.
    —Proverbs 21:26 NKJV

I once read a story in Guideposts magazine, a remarkable account of how love changed a person’s life. A Christian woman lived next door to an elderly lady who never came out of her house or even raised her window shades to let light into her home. This lady’s husband had died, and she herself had endured a stroke, which had left her lonely and bitter.

The Christian woman and her two young children began trying to reach out to the elderly recluse, but every time they did, she rejected their advances. They baked cookies every week for a long time and delivered them to their neighbor’s door. The first time, she opened the door just a crack, accepted the cookies, thanked them, and closed the door.

The neighbor’s response was not what the Christian woman had hoped for, but she lovingly persisted. And eventually love did work! The elderly lady accepted a casserole from her and said more than just a short thank-you. As the visits continued, the elderly woman gradually began to chat longer. Finally, one day, the Christian woman’s children picked some flowers from their garden and delivered them to their neighbor. Eventually, they all became good friends. The elderly lady got her life back. She opened her blinds, her door, and her heart, and she began to live again—all because someone who loved God was determined to love her.

Many people in the world today are just like the elderly neighbor. They have had sadness or difficulties in their lives and have become bitter. They seem to reject love, yet love is what they need most. Be a person who gives of yourself and your resources to reach out and show love to someone who desperately needs it.

Love Others Today: Do you know someone who is angry, sad, or bitter? How can you show love to that person?

cc: @nicole @bosa @mamaibeji @bibi @pearl @heavenlymum @lala @uloma @peace @ketty

Profile photo of Bibi
    Bibi
    Participant
    @Bibi

thanks @bosa and @oluwakemine for your loving words of encouragement

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Dearest @bibi, you are most welcome :rose:   :heart:   :heart:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

19th May, 2017

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. And wives, today’s devotional is especially for us :wedding: :wedding: . May God help us all. Amen.

Image result for contentment

I Wish My Husband Were More Like Hers

“But godliness with contentment is great gain.” Mark 10:8 (NIV)

Every week, my friend would share with me how absolutely wonderful her husband was.

Each evening, when her husband came home from work, he would help cook dinner, wash the dishes, bathe the kids and put them to bed. On the weekends, he would mow the grass, trim the bushes and even rub my friend’s back, for goodness’ sake!

Honestly, it made me sick to hear about her perfect husband. Resentment toward my husband, Dale, started to fester. I wondered why he couldn’t help me in the same ways. I wanted him to be just like my friend’s husband and serve me. It’s not that I coveted her husband … I coveted the ways he helped her.

God gave the Israelites specific instructions in Exodus 20:17“You shall not covet.” Covet may seem like an old-fashioned word, but it still applies to us today. We aren’t to greatly desire or set our hearts on anything that God has not given us, even if it seems like a good thing — like the way an amazing husband serves his wife.

Have you ever desired for your spouse to be like someone else’s husband? If this temptation hits you — and it probably will at some point — don’t entertain the thought, even for a second! Coveting leads to frustration, unfair comparisons and bitterness.

I know. I spent a few weeks (all right, maybe a month) desiring my imaginary husband until I realized I was wrong. I asked the Lord to forgive me and help me be content with my husband’s level of service. God answered my prayer by changing my perspective.

The truth is Dale was an amazing husband and father. He loved me and served me by working 15-18 hours a day, six days a week, at our family business to support our five children. I had to see — and accept — that even though he didn’t have the time to do all the things my friend’s husband did, Dale greatly helped by providing for us. I needed to learn to be content with the ways he served our family … even if they were different than I’d once hoped.

First Timothy 6:6 reminds us that godliness with contentment is great gain” (NIV). So, I followed God’s instructions from Exodus 20 and stopped coveting my friend’s husband’s acts of service. Instead of wishing and hoping Dale would mow the grass, wash the dishes, get the cars inspected and put the kids to bed … I gladly did all those things, day after day, year after year. And I loved him as he was and for how he served us.

How do we go from coveting to content? It helps to focus on the fact that as husband and wife, God has made us one. If our husband’s time is limited, we fill in the gaps. That’s not to say we shouldn’t ask for his help when he does have time, but if he’s busy, let’s do what he can’t.

Part of godliness is choosing to selflessly serve.

Part of contentment is resisting resentment toward our husband.

Will there be days we’re exhausted from managing our homes, kids and the rest of life? You bet. But we’ll be physically tired from serving our family, not mentally and emotionally drained from coveting something (or someone!) that isn’t ours.

Satan wants us to desire our husbands to be more, different and better. God wants us to love and appreciate our husband for who he is and what he does.

Our husbands’ expressions of love, commitment and service will look different than other husbands. Our humble and consistent gratitude and respect for them will change our perspective in such a way that honors the Lord … and them.

If you’re tempted to covet the helping hands of another man — don’t entertain the thought, not even for a second! Instead of longing for what isn’t yours, choose to love what is. Rather than desiring your husband change, change your perspective and honor him with a contented heart.

Dear Lord, thank You for my husband. Help me love and honor him. Guide me to take every thought captive when wrong thoughts about him assail me. Protect our marriage, and help us to live as one. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    2 Corinthians 10:5, “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” (NIV)

Ephesians 4:2-3, “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” (NIV)

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/encouragement/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

22nd May, 2017

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. It’s a great week, a great day and here’s the devotional for today…It’s all that you need for today.

Image result for faith and grace

Faith & Grace: Working Together

For it is by free grace (God’s unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God.
    —Ephesians 2:8

Let me give you an illustration of the way that faith and grace work together to bring us the blessings of God. In my meetings I often take along a large electric fan that I set up on the speaker’s platform. I call up a member of the audience and have her stand in front of the fan, telling her that I am going to cool her off. When the fan doesn’t run even though I turn it on, I ask the audience, “What’s wrong? Why is this fan not running?”

Of course, the audience sees right away what’s wrong: “It’s not plugged in!” they yell. “That’s right,” I say, “and that’s exactly what’s wrong many times when our prayers are not answered.” I explain that we get our eyes on faith (the fan), expecting it to do the work, but we fail to look beyond the fan to its source of power, which is the Lord.

Jesus had faith all the time He was suffering. He had faith while in the Garden of Gethsemane. He had faith before the high priest and Pilate. He had faith when He was being ridiculed, abused, and mistreated. He had faith on the way to Golgotha. He had faith while hanging on the cross. He even had faith while His body lay in the tomb; He had absolute faith that God would not leave Him there but would raise Him up, as He had promised. But do you realize that for all His faith, nothing happened until the power of God came forth to bring about the Resurrection?

His faith kept Him stable until the Father’s appointed time for His deliverance. We can have all the faith in the world; but it will avail us nothing until it is “plugged in” to the source of power, which is the grace of God. Keep your eyes on God to deliver you—not your faith.

Culled from http://www.joycemeyer.org/Articles/Devotional.aspx

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

23rd May, 2017

Hello mamas…Hope you are doing great today. Today’s devotional reminds us of our eternal home… :plane:   :plane:

Heaven on My Mind

Today’s Truth

Rejoice because your names are registered as citizens of heaven (Luke 10:20).

Friend to Friend

Heaven … heaven is on my mind these days. My sweet father-in-law graduated to heaven a few weeks ago where I am sure He was met by Jesus, his precious wife, and so many friends and loved ones who have gone before him.

Dad’s death vividly reminded me that this world is not my home. Heaven is. When I came to Christ in a personal relationship, my citizenship was changed from Earth to Heaven. And what a sweet exchange it was for me!

Heaven is where Jesus is.

Isaiah 63:15 “LORD, look down from the heavens and see; look at us from your wonderful and holy home in heaven.”

Heaven is a real place, a beautiful city of light.

Revelation 21:23 “The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, because the glory of God is its light, and the Lamb is the city’s lamp.”

Heaven is the workmanship of God.

John 14:2 “There are many rooms in my Father’s house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you.”

Heaven is my eternal home.

Colossians 1:5 “You have this faith and love because of your hope, and what you hope for is kept safe for you in heaven.”

When our son started high school, I was concerned. The new high school was much larger than the middle school he had attended. I could watch him from our front door until he walked through the front door of the middle school. The high school was farther away which meant we had to drive him. It was a good high school … but it was high school where everything seemed much bigger, more complicated and well, more dangerous.

The first day of school had my stomach tied in knots. Jered seemed fine, but I wondered if he was just faking it, trying to hide his nervousness from me. I kept myself busy after dropping him off at school where he disappeared into a crowd of what seemed like thousands of other high school students. I ran all my errands and cleaned house – twice. I had agreed to let Jered walk home with several of his friends who lived in our neighborhood. What was I thinking? I watched for him out his bedroom window for an hour. Just before panic set in, I spotted him walking down the sidewalk with two other boys. Jered looked fine, and he was even laughing! I took a deep breath and thanked God for taking care of our son.

When Jered walked in the front door, I was in the kitchen nonchalantly making sugar cookies – his favorite.

“Hi, Mom!” he said with a grin.

“Hi, Son! How was your day?” I replied.

“It was great! High school is awesome!” Jered answered.

“Were you nervous at all?” I asked.

He thought for a moment and then said, “Nope. Well, a little one time when I couldn’t find my class, but I just asked one of the teachers, and then I found it.”

Amazing! I had been nervous enough for both of us. I asked him if they had done anything interesting in any of the classes. Being a teacher, I knew the first day of school is often a day of simply getting settled in a classroom.

Jered grinned and said, “In one class, my teacher asked us “Where is home?”

What a great question for the first day of school!

“What did you say, Jered?” I asked.

Jered said, “Anywhere I am.”

Jered’s response stopped me in my tracks as I realized the profound truth behind it. Because I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I am always at home … no matter where I am. Heaven is my certain hope … and the backdrop against which I live each day.

Jesus was a carpenter. He announced that He was going away to prepare for us a beautiful home in heaven. We know what kind of work He does. He created the universe in six days. He’s been working on heaven over 2,000 years. What a place it must be!

When the trials and troubles of daily life threaten to knock you off your feet, girlfriend, just remember … this world is not your home. You are only passing through on your way to Heaven!

Let’s Pray

Father, I want to thank You for the promise of heaven. Help me remember that this world is not my home. When the hard days come, give me the strength to stand firm, knowing You are with me. My hope is in You, Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Heaven is the heart and soul of our faith. It is a reality. Read the following two verses. Record them in your journal. What new truth and hope about heaven does each verse give you?

• Isaiah 63:15 “LORD, look down from the heavens and see; look at us from Your wonderful and holy home in heaven.”
    • Colossians 1:5 “You have this faith and love because of your hope, and what you hope for is kept safe for you in heaven.”

cc: @nicole @lala @bosa @bibi @peace @uloma @ketty

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

25th May, 2017

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I like the newer version of me. You are wondering what I’m talking about? Find out in the devotional.

Image result for stronger you

A Braver, Smarter and Stronger You

Today’s Truth

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7, NIV)

Friend to Friend

One of the most lovable and charming characters in the history of cartoon animation has to be Winnie the Pooh. He simply oozes adorableness and positivity.

In the movie, Pooh’s Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin, Pooh and Christopher Robin, who are the closest of friends, have a moving conversation high in a tree where strength and love flow heart-to-heart.

CHRISTOPHER ROBIN: “Oh, Pooh. If ever there’s a tomorrow when we’re not together, there’s something you must remember.”

POOH: “And what might that be, Christopher Robin?”

CHRISTOPHER ROBIN: “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

POOH: “Oh, that’s easy. We’re braver than a bee, and, uh, longer than a tree, and taller than a goose . . . or, uh, was that a moose?”

CHRISTOPHER ROBIN: “No, silly, old bear! You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is even if we’re apart; I’ll always be with you. I’ll always be with you. I’ll always be with you.”

This conversation reminds me of the conversation Jesus has with His disciples after His resurrection. He gave them new marching orders and assured them that though He had to leave, they would never be alone.

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You trust in God; trust also in me.” (John 14:1)

“Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” (John 14:12-14)

“If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever – the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.” (John 14:15-17)

“But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:26-27)

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing… If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” (John 15:5, 7-8)

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)

“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19– 20)

May these last words of Jesus serve as a reminder to you today that you are not alone or ill-equipped in your life. Because of this truth, you are enabled through Christ to be a woman of great courage and faith! Live like it. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think because the Spirit of God is at work within you to embolden, strengthen, and guide you.

Above all, remember this: God is with you. Always.

Let’s Pray

Lord, Thank you for the presence of Your Holy Spirit in my life. Please open my eyes wide to all the courage, strength and wisdom you have for me in Christ. Crush my insecurities and doubts so that I might be an effective witness of Your power.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Fill in these blanks: “Today, I will face ____________ with the courage that the Lord provides for me instead of trembling in fear. In this area of weakness, ___________, I will ask God for strength and will trust that His grace is sufficient to provide what I need. And I will pray for wisdom and direction concerning ___________ so that the Spirit of God can guide me with divine wisdom which is far greater that anything I can come up with on my own.”

cc: @nicole @lala @bosa @bibi @peace @uloma @ketty

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

26th May, 2017

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, today is Nicole @nicole‘s 40th birthday and here’s a special devotional to celebrate her this special milestone. :cake:   :cake:

Be a Believing Believer

Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts, as [happened] in the rebellion [of Israel] and their provocation and embitterment [of Me] in the day of testing in the wilderness.
    —Hebrews 3:7-8 

In Hebrews 3 we see two wrong conditions of the heart—a hard heart and an unbelieving heart. In the wilderness, a hard heart caused the Israelites to rebel. A person with a hard heart cannot believe God easily, which is a major problem because everything we receive from God comes through believing. To receive from Him, all we have to do is come to Him in simple, childlike faith and just believe.

We call ourselves believers, but the truth is, there are a lot of “unbelieving believers.” For a long time, I was one of them. I had been hurt so much during my childhood, I developed a hardness of heart that God had to break through in my life.

Even Moses got to the place in the wilderness where he was slow of heart to believe God. That’s why it’s important for us to stay sharp spiritually so we can be quick to believe and to walk in faith day by day. We can choose to be careful to go from faith to faith and not begin to mix in any doubt and unbelief. A believing heart is essential if we want to live in close relationship with God.

Jesus wants to restore your soul, including your emotions. Let Jesus into those areas of your life that no one else could ever reach. Ask Him to change you into a person who has the same kind of heart that He has.

cc:@nicole @bibi @bosa @lala @peace @missfafa @pearl

Culled from http://www.joycemeyer.org/Articles/Devotional.aspx

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Profile photo of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 281 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.