Sharing spiritual support and prayers!

Daily Meditation

259 replies, 13 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 13 hours, 6 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

8th March, 2017

Good morning lovelies. Happy International Women’s Day to the ladies. :heart:   :heart:

When Grief Runs Deep

Today’s Truth

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

Friend to Friend

I read the text in horror and disbelief.

How could he be gone? He was the picture of potential. So much going for him. He had been through so many challenges and had come so far. Achieved so many accolades. How could his world have crumbled so low that taking his life became the answer he turned to?

Shockwaves ripple through the core of my heart. A landslide of sorrow.

All who knew and loved him grieved. In our homes. On social media. In our conversations. In our prayers. In our hearts.

We grieved deep with a pain that stings fierce.

We grieved for his family, for the empty seat at their dinner table, and the empty gape in their hearts and home. We grieved for his friends, our children, his teammates, and our community. We grieved because death hurts.

As we gathered in community to celebrate his life many stories were shared. In the sacred sanctuary of God’s presence, we were reminded that God is the healer of the broken. We were reminded that death is not the end for those that place their faith in Christ. We were reminded to cherish those we love and to keep our eyes wide open to the needs of those around us.

The pastor painted a canvas of Hope as he spoke. Each word a stroke of truth. A smattering of grace in full and vibrant color. He shared from the Word of God about the Word made flesh: our Hope, Jesus.

And then this… “Our friend did not die of hopelessness, he died of brokenness.”

Oh, my soul.

How does one who is surrounded by a community of love feel broken to the point of death? To the point of thinking that suicide is a solution to the pain?

I struggled to breathe as I think back on this tragedy.

I consider the lives I love that are tortured by depression and sigh inwardly.

The weight of it all still sits heavy on my heart.

Inwardly I speak to the Father. I remember pouring my heart out to the Comforter and sensing His peace in the middle of the grief. The burden remains, but the pressure of it is lightened in His presence. And I’m reminded that God’s strength comes to me as I yoke myself to Jesus and allow Him to share in the carrying of my grief. In doing so, I am locked into His power that walks with me step by step through every struggle.

When life is jagged and darkness taunts us like a bully, how can we see beyond the despair that grips us?

I don’t have a simple list of answers, but I do know this: when grief runs deep God’s comforting love runs deeper still. 

The peace we long for and the rest we are desperate for will always be found in the arms of Jesus. And those arms are constantly reaching out to us.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matthew 11:28-29)

This is the invitation Jesus gives to each of us.

If you find yourself in a place of unrest… if you are trying to sift through a landslide of soul sorrow… if you’re carrying a heavy load, will you turn toward Hope and accept His invitation right now?

Let’s Pray

Dear Lord, Please help me bring my grief to You. Thank You for being a God of hope and healing. Remind me of the peace and plans you have for me.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Read Isaiah 41:10. What two things does God not want you to do? Why? What three things does He promise to do for you? How will these promises affect the way you deal with your challenges today?

Who is one person you know that is struggling and in need of encouragement right now? How will you encourage her/him?

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy@joys @chixavier@wemi@mrsciw @missamerley@mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa@ayokuleyin @bola2016@mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4@bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30@asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie@uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany@joy022 @juleskemi @uloma@kemi @yinca @graciee@teemah @muanya @teeade22 @jennic @xteeu @aseyori @esty @mickey @hodeejah @bibi

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

9th March, 2017

Good morning everyone. Today is a great day to be alive…a day after IWD2017 ;-)  The devotional for today is just below:

Image result for questioning God

When I Question God’s Plan

“‘Now what have I done?’ said David. ‘Can’t I even speak?’” >1 Samuel 17:29 (NIV)

I hadn’t told anyone. I wasn’t going to tell anyone. This private conversation with God was too tender and raw to share. For hours, I had spilled out all my concerns to Him — begging for answers and desperately wanting the gnawing pain in my heart to go away.

The truth is I was deeply concerned and heart-broken about some things which happened earlier that day to make me question my calling. Things that made me wonder if my purpose in life had changed. Circumstances that produced full-on hot tears as I cried out to God throughout the day in discouragement.

Was God really concerned? Was my life’s calling about to take a sharp left turn that I wasn’t prepared for? How would I recover from this latest blow of hurt and disappointment? Instead of feeling purposeful, I stood in my kitchen with a sinking suspicion God was placing me on a shelf to collect dust for a while.

I knew God loved me, but honestly, I wasn’t feeling very loved at that moment. I felt as if Satan were throwing darts at me labeled: Forgotten. Invisible. Not good enough.

I imagine that’s the way a young shepherd boy named David must have felt centuries ago. Although the prophet Samuel specifically appointed David as the next king of Israel, many years would pass and many difficult things would happen before David made it to the palace. The ruling king, Saul, questioned him, and so did David’s older brothers. To the point where right before he killed a certain giant named Goliath, David even exclaimed, “Now what have I done? … Can’t I even speak?” (1 Samuel 17:29).

God had chosen, anointed and empowered David to be Israel’s greatest king in the Old Testament. Yet as we unwrap David’s story, we see how he was placed in many situations which were perfect environments for his doubts and uncertainty to take root and flourish.

Relentlessly, David was hunted by King Saul who vowed to kill him. He lived in caves, was constantly on the run and had his fair share of fierce battles against vicious enemies.

David must have had some hard days and sleepless nights where he, too, questioned his calling. I wonder if one struggle after another — one detour after another — one delay after another — caused David to examine his situation and ask God if He still planned to fulfill His predestined purposes in David’s life? Maybe there were even brief moments when he felt forgotten, invisible, not good enough?

God had begun a good work in David and He was faithful to complete it. The detours … the delays … were all a part of the journey that prepared him to reign as king. The palace would not have been possible if the destination to it would have been cut short.

Thankfully, we know David trusted God despite the enormous challenges he faced. And we get a glimpse of David’s thoughts as we read his words in Psalm 138:8, “The LORD will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.” (NKJV)

On that difficult day when I wept in deep discouragement, the Lord brought Psalm 138:8 to mind. It was like drinking a cupful of reassurance, allowing me to pause, take a deep breath and feel God’s tender presence wrap around me.

Those beautiful words were originally penned thousands of years ago by David, and yet they spoke truth right into my situation that day. Reassuring me. Comforting me. Rekindling my hope once again.

The same applies to you and me. God is forever faithful and will complete the work He’s begun in our lives. We have to trust Him — on good days and bad days. When doors of opportunity open wide and when detours delay us for a while. Every season has a purpose, and every part of God’s plan for our lives is good. He promises to perfect all that concerns us … today and for our future.

Heavenly Father, You are greater than any obstacle I face and Your love for me endures forever. Help me to follow You on good days and bad days. To trust You moment by moment. Even when my purpose seems vague or my calling appears far off in the distance. When my concerns begin to consume me, Your love will perfect each one with unfailing grace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Philippians 1:6, “I am convinced and confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will [continue to] perfect and complete it until the day of Christ Jesus [the time of His return]. (AMP)

REFLECT AND RESPOND:
    What are some things that concern you today? List them on a piece of paper, then write out a prayer asking God to perfect your concerns with His unfailing love and grace. Finally, declare out loud Philippians 1:6 (above) with confidence and assurance until your heart believes it.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy@joys @chixavier@wemi@mrsciw @missamerley@mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa@ayokuleyin @bola2016@mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4@bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30@asimco@angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie@uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany@joy022 @juleskemi @uloma@kemi @yinca @graciee@teemah @muanya @teeade22 @jennic @xteeu @aseyori @esty@mickey @hodeejah @bibi

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/encouragement/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

10th March, 2017

Image result for being christ like

Christlikeness

For those whom He foreknew [of whom He was aware and loved beforehand], He also destined from the beginning [foreordaining them] to be molded into the image of His Son [and share inwardly His likeness], that He might become the firstborn among many brethren.
    —Romans 8:29

The best goal a Christian can have is Christlikeness. Jesus is the express image of the Father, and we are called to follow in His footsteps. He came as the Pioneer of our faith to show us by example how we can live. We have the chance to behave with people the way Jesus did. Our goal is not to see how successful we can be in business or how famous we can be. It is not prosperity, popularity, or even building a big ministry, but to be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ.

Spiritual maturity or Christlikeness cannot be obtained without “dying to self.” That simply means saying yes to God and no to ourselves when our will and God’s are in opposition. Jesus told His disciples that if they wanted to follow Him, they would need to take up their cross daily.

To follow Christ and become like Him, we choose to forget about what we want—our plans, having our own way—and instead trust Him to show us what His will is for us. His will always leads to deep joy and satisfaction.

You are God’s Ambassador—represent Him well!

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy@joys @chixavier@wemi@mrsciw @missamerley@mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa@ayokuleyin @bola2016@mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4@bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30@asimco@angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie@uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany@joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee@teemah @muanya @teeade22 @jennic @xteeu @aseyori @esty@mickey @hodeejah @bibi

Culled from http://www.joycemeyer.org/Articles/Devotional.aspx

Profile gravatar of Bibi
    Bibi
    Participant
    @Bibi

Thanks for this piece@oluwakemine, still trying to be christlike, its not easy as i fall many times. May God help me.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Amen and all of us too @bibi. To live a life that is worthy of Christ and by so doing, win more souls for His kingdom. :heart:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

13th March, 2017

Good morning people of God. It’s a great week to be alive…. :plane:   :plane:   :plane:  The devotional for today is below.  We all need to confront our fears and leave them at the feet of the master.

Related imageStill Running?

Finding it difficult to forgive those who’ve hurt you? Understanding God’s grace can help.
    —Daniel 4:5

In April 2005, many Americans and the world heard the story of the “runaway bride,” Jennifer Wilbanks. The thirty-two-year-old Duluth, Georgia, resident disappeared just days before her six hundred-guest wedding was to take place. Her family and fiancé, certain she had been kidnapped, pleaded for her safe return, and the missing bride became a national story for the major news media. When she turned up alive, the truth was revealed that the bride-to-be ran because of “certain fears” that controlled her life.

Most of us would say, “Well, she should have talked to her fiancé or her pastor instead of running away.” But how many of us easily confront our fears? You may not have ever physically run away as did Wilbanks, but I bet emotionally there are things you’re running from. You’re constantly looking over your shoulder trying to keep whatever you’re afraid of from catching up with you.

Satan loves causing people to dread and avoid confronting unpleasant issues, because he knows that he loses power when his lies are confronted. Even though a lie is not true, it becomes reality for the person who believes it. Don’t believe the lies Satan tries to deceive you with.

Lord, expose the lies that I’ve believed and that give strength to the fears that harass me. Shine Your light of truth on them and break their deceptive power. Amen.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy@joys @chixavier@wemi@mrsciw @missamerley@mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa@ayokuleyin @bola2016@mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4@bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30@asimco@angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie@uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany@joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee@teemah @muanya @teeade22 @jennic @xteeu @aseyori @esty@mickey @hodeejah @bibi @poshsonia

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

14th March, 2017.

Good morning everyone. I love love today’s devotional. I’m not going to spoil it for you by sharing, so enjoy. :heart:

Life Issues

When God Throws a Little Bit of “All Things” in Your Life

Today’s Truth

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose,” Romans 8:28

Friend to Friend

I love Romans 8:28.

Now, let me be honest…sometimes I don’t.

When I am going through a dark time of loss or disappointment, and someone throws a sloppy coat of Romans 8:28 on my open wound, I just want to scream.

There. I said it.

What does God mean by “all things” anyway? I looked it up in my Greek dictionary and guess what it means—it means “all things.” I was hoping for something a little different.

“All things” includes the good, the bad, and the ugly. In every dark circumstance of life, there is a hidden treasure waiting to be discovered. However, for that to happen, we must get out of the dirt, push it aside, and look beneath the surface.

Is it easy? No.

Is it messy? Usually.

It is worth it? Always.

Many years after we had lost our second child, I was standing in the doorway of my sleeping sixteen-year-old son’s bedroom. He was a tangle of sheets and limbs. Steven was six feet tall, needed a shave, and sported a mass of shaggy thick brown hair. Drool slid down his jaw, and a hairy leg hung off the bed.

Man, I love this kid, I thought to myself. Then a prayer slipped off my lips.

“Lord,” I prayed, “you know how much I love children, and how I always longed to have a houseful of kids. Why was there just one?”

Then, God’s Word washed over me: For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

“Is that You Lord?” I asked.

Again the words flowed. For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The words washed over me like a spring rain on parched ground. It was a moment of sudden glory. For the first time in my life, I truly grasped the height, the depth, and the breadth of those familiar words.

See, I have a one and only son. There are many people whom I love in this world, but there is no one…no one…that I love enough to sacrifice my one and only son. And yet, God loved me so much He did just that. He loved you so much He did just that. He sacrificed His one and only Son in order to save us from the penalty of sin and give us eternal life.

With tears streaming down my cheeks, I thanked God for helping me truly understand John 3:16—for giving me a living, breathing, walking (and sometimes sleeping) example of His great love. And if that was the only purpose behind the years of infertility and loss of a child, then that was enough.

It was Romans 8:28. It was good.

Let’s Pray

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your great love for me. Thank You for giving Your Son for me. Open my eyes to see moments of sudden glory where You make Your presence known in my life. I love You so much.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy@joys @chixavier@wemi@mrsciw @missamerley@mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa@ayokuleyin @bola2016@mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4@bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30@asimco@angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie@uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany@joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee@teemah @muanya @teeade22 @jennic @xteeu @aseyori @esty@mickey @hodeejah @bibi @poshsonia @chigirl

Culled from http://girlfriendsingod.com/god-throws-little-bit-things-life/

Profile gravatar of Bibi
    Bibi
    Participant
    @Bibi

omo! you know I usually read it  as “all good things”. Now i understand it clearly. thanks my paddy for life @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

It stopped me in my tracks too Bibi @bibi. All things, not necessarily, “all good things” but its comforting to know that through it all, we have His presence, help and at the end of the day, there is glory waiting. #enoughsaid.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

15th March, 2017

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Hope your night was good. We love because he first loved us…. :flasher:   :heart:

Image result for the cross as a symbol of love

How to Experience Unending Love

“We love because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:19 (NIV)

My wedding day was far from perfect. It rained. Actually, it poured.

An intense Oklahoma thunderstorm caused the church to lose electricity and the indoor dance floor to flood. Our powerless chocolate fountain hardened, emergency lights lit the reception hall and the only music for our first dance came from two small laptop speakers. There were skies full of storms, but our hearts were full of love.

My husband and I were crazy about each other.

As a matter of fact, on my wedding day, no one had to tell me, “Just try to be nice to him. Smile when you see him. Pay attention when he talks. Maybe find time to hold his hand if you can.”

Can you imagine how a bride might respond if she were given that advice on her wedding day? She might wonder, Why wouldn’t I be nice or smile? Why wouldn’t I pay attention to him? Why wouldn’t I want to be affectionate? Those things often come naturally in the beginning of a relationship and require little effort.

The truth is, I might not have needed those words on my wedding day, but 10 years of marriage and three kids later, that counsel is often just what I need as a busy wife and mom. Because so often we are running in different directions and focusing more on our children than our relationship, our marriage doesn’t always get the attention it deserves or needs to thrive. Sometimes we need reminders for simple things like paying attention and listening to each other.

Our love has changed since the beginning. Now we must be more intentional. We must keep the cycle of love active in our marriage. I must continue showing my husband love, so he can respond to me in love, and he must continue showing me love, so I can respond to him in love.

Despite our best efforts, some days we just don’t get it right. Some days I’m preoccupied with the kids. Some days he’s too busy with work. Some days our schedules just don’t line up, and we don’t even get to see each other at all. And often this creates space, breaking our cycle of love.

I believe our hearts are designed to love “back.” When someone loves us, we respond by showing them love in return. But on the days when we don’t necessarily feel loved by our spouses, how do we keep showing them love? How do we give love when we don’t necessarily feel loved? How do we love first? The simple answer is: We don’t.

Scripture says in 1 John 4:19“We love because he first loved us.”

It doesn’t say we love our husbands because our husbands first loved us. It doesn’t say we love our friends because our friends first loved us. It doesn’t say we love our children, our families or our coworkers because they first loved us. It says we love because God first loved us. Even on the days I don’t necessarily feel loved by my spouse, I can love him in response to the love God shows us all. We can love others because He first loved us.

And what happens if we’re loving our spouse in response to God’s love that’s endless and unchanging and pure? Then no matter the distraction or the space or the schedule, and no matter if it has been five years or 15 years or 50 years, we can treat each day with our spouse as if it were the first. We can experience love unending in the middle of every storm.

Lord, thank You for loving us so well. Thank You for demonstrating endless and selfless love for us. I pray that You would strengthen our marriages. I pray that You would hold all of our relationships together in Your grace. Help us love one another in response to Your love for us. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    John 13:34, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” (NIV)

1 Corinthians 13:4-5, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.” (NIV).

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy@joys @chixavier@wemi@mrsciw @missamerley@mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa@ayokuleyin @bola2016@mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4@bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30@asimco@angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie@uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany@joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee@teemah @muanya @teeade22 @jennic @xteeu @aseyori @esty@mickey @hodeejah @bibi @poshsonia @chigirl

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/encouragement/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

16th March, 2017

Good morning everyone. The devotional for today is ready and praise God for the word that comes with it. :yahoo:

Related image

I Once Was a Shell of a Girl 

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV)

Have you ever believed the wrongs of the world were too big for you to make a difference? I have. And instead of doing something, even something small, I did nothing.

I thought big, world-sized problems required big, powerful people.

But then a friend told me about spending time with rescued victims of sex trafficking. I knew that conversation was meant for more than just two friends connecting. I couldn’t just say, “Wow, how awful,” and go about my normal life. I had to do something. Even if it was something very small.

My small act didn’t solve the evils of the world, but it did help combat the evil being done against one. And that small gift tendered my heart to do more.

A few years later, I spent almost a week living and serving in a shelter for girls rescued from sex trafficking. Coming face to face with those affected by evil was starkly different than just hearing about it. I listened to their stories, saw their tears and held their hands.

What I heard and saw horrified me on deep, deep levels. I kept thinking: How can this be going on in America? How was I so unaware?

And yet the reality is, I personally know the horrors of being taken advantage of and feeling powerless. As a young girl I was caught in a vicious cycle of sexual abuse by a family “friend” for years.

His threats kept me silent. Over time, that silence turned into overwhelming shame. Hatred cloaked my soul in darkness. And that bitterness seeped into the deepest crevices of my heart, changing how I saw myself. A girl can get completely lost inside the caverns of hate and lose every bit of what used to make her feel alive.

I once was a shell of a girl, ravaged by evils done to me.

But now I’m a girl who has hope bigger than the hurt. Light brighter than the darkness. And a life full of truth as God set me free from those death chains of hatred.

How did I find that pathway to healing? Someone told me about Jesus.

Jesus promised me a new life through following Him. As I did, He saved me by His love, comforted me by His grace and freed me by His truth. Christian counseling helped me understand how to forgive and challenged me to share the hope I’d found. Every time I shared my story, it miraculously deepened my own healing. Every time I comforted another hurting woman, my own soul found deeper comfort.

The Bible reminds us that God has comforted us “so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ” (2 Corinthians 1:4b-5, NASB).

Your story and circumstances may be different, but we all need personal healing and comfort of some kind. Seek that comfort from God today. But don’t stop there.

God doesn’t comfort us to make us comfortable. He comforts us to make us comfort-ABLE … able to help others.

Seek out someone to help today. And if you have a story of hope like I do, share it. Love others. Share comfort. And believe small gifts aren’t small at all.

Dear Lord, thank You for being our Comforter. Wrap Your loving arms around each woman struggling with hurt and pain in the world right now, Father. And please show me how I can be an instrument of Your hope and healing in very real and specific ways today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Psalm 62:7, “My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.” (NIV)

Matthew 18:10, “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.” (NIV)

REFLECT AND RESPOND:
    What small thing could you do today to help those who are hurting in the community around you? Pray for them and then take action however you can.

Culled from http://www.christianity.com/devotionals/encouragement-for-today-proverbs-31/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

17th March, 2017

Good morning!! :heart:  After yesterday’s devotional, today’s own is the perfect way to continue the thought. Enjoy :heart:   :heart:

Image result for follow through

Follow Through

Today’s Truth

“‘If we have found favor in your [Moses’] eyes, they said, let this land be given to your servants as our possession. Do not make us cross the Jordan.’ Moses said to the Gadites and Reubenites, ‘Should your fellow Israelites go to war while you sit here? Why do you discourage the Israelites from crossing over into the land the Lord has given them?’” (Numbers 32:5-7, NIV)

Friend to Friend

In sports training, whether it’s the swing of a bat, a golf club, or a tennis racquet, the follow through of your swing is what imparts the full force, and gives the ultimate trajectory to the ball.

In our spiritual lives, our follow through—or lack thereof—can markedly impact the power with which we live and the course of direction our lives take.

Today’s Bible passage, while possibly unfamiliar, is taken from a well-known account: the nation of Israel is just about to be ushered into the long-awaited Promised Land, west of the Jordan River.

Moses had previously led the people of God out of Egypt where they had been living in slavery for generations. But because of Israel’s subsequent rebellion, what was supposed to be a 14 day journey to the banks of the Jordan turned into a 40 year wandering through the Sinai desert. Now, at long last, the time had come to follow through with the Lord’s original plan. But some of the 12 tribes of Israel weren’t feeling it—specifically Gad, Reuben, and half the tribe of Manasseh. They came to Moses with an alternative plan. These men requested to stay where they were and settle east of the Jordan. The land there was good, their families and animals were comfortable, and they wanted to just leave well enough alone.

Ultimately, Moses relented. He first required the men of these two and a half tribes to cross the Jordan into the Promised Land with the rest of Israel in order to help rid the land of its inhabitants so God’s people could take possession. Once this was accomplished they could return to settle in the land east of the Jordan where their wives, children and livestock awaited them.

All’s well that ends well, right? Not so here. Fast forward further in the First Testament (Samuel 10:27, 2 Kings 10:32)—and we find that while the tribes who had followed through with God’s plan for their lives were safe, happy, and thriving in the Promised Land, the tribes who settled for “good enough” were attacked and enslaved, and the right eye of every Israelite had been gouged out!

What does this lack of follow through look like when applied to one’s Christian life? It might be that after receiving Jesus as Savior (a release from the slavery we had to sin), you fail to be baptized (cross through the waters of the Jordan). Or maybe you’ve been saved and sealed in baptism, but have been content to just “do church,” when the Lord’s Promised Land for you lies in the realm of the “yet to be conquered”—an area of service He’s been calling you to that you’ve neglected to pursue.

Spiritual follow through not only enables us to take hold of all the blessings the Lord has intended to lavish on us, but also can protect us from unforeseen dangers lurking in our future.

Let’s Pray

Jesus, I am so thankful that you have a detailed plan for my life. Thank you for rescuing me from my Egypt and for leading me towards my individual Promised Land as well as the eternal Promised Land that awaits me in Heaven. May I never settle for less than all that you have in store for me.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

In what area of your life have you been content to stay “east of the Jordan”? What would need to happen for you to cross the Jordan and enter into the Promised Land that He has waiting for you to inhabit?

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

20th March, 2017

Good morning lovely people. It’s a brand new week, we have been gifted and we should rejoice and be glad in it. It’s  the Lord’s doing. Today’s devotional is below and it’s a prayer, we can’t say enough of.

Image result for overcoming evil

A Prayer to Overcome Evil

“Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’  says the Lord. On the contrary: ‘If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.’ Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” (Romans 12:17-21)

If you live on this earth you can be sure of one thing: you will witness evil. We should expect it and be prepared to react. How then, should we respond to evil?

Hate it. Romans 12:9 tells us “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.”This may seem obvious, but our culture has turned evil into entertainment. We pay money to see evil unfold on the big screen. We etch out time to sit in our own homes and watch evil prevail on television. Because of this, we often find ourselves numb to the actual presence of evil when we see it on the news or right before our very eyes. We must learn to recognize evil and hate it.

Pray against it. Matthew 6:13 is a great example of praying for escape. “Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” Our pride often tricks us into thinking we can deal with evil on our own. We can’t, and if we try we will fail. We must pray to our Heavenly Father and ask for deliverance.

Expose it. Ephesians 5:11 says “Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.” Our current culture is one that teaches complete tolerance. We are expected to accept and tolerate any and all behavior, even if the behavior directly violates God’s Word. While we are expected, as Christians, to respond to sin with a certain level of grace and love, evil should in no way, under any circumstance be tolerated. It should be exposed and we should take no part in it.

Speak truth over it. Jesus should always be our ultimate example of how to live our lives. In Matthew 4:1-11 and  Luke 4:1-14 we are given a wonderful example of Jesus responding to evil. In these verses we read about Jesus being tempted by Satan in the wilderness. Imagine being face to face with Satan, the author of evil. How did Jesus respond? He quoted Scripture. Jesus is showing us the utmost importance of knowing God’s Word and being able to speak truth in the face of evil!

Let God handle it. Wars are waged to fight against leaders of evil nations, and there are punishments in place to deal with evil individuals. We should be thankful for the laws of our land and the protection provided by federal and local law enforcement, but we must also remember our responsibilities as individuals.

Let’s Pray:

Father God, we praise you for your love and faithfulness towards your children. We praise you for being a perfect, holy, trustworthy God that is bigger than all the evil we experience here on earth. We ask that you give us eyes to see when evil is before us, hearts to hate evil and the desire to flee from its presence. We ask that you would not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil and draw us closer to yourself. We ask for the long-expected Jesus to come quickly and make all things new. We ask these things His precious name. Amen.

Culled from http://www.ibelieve.com/devotionals/your-daily-prayer/a-prayer-to-overcome-evil-your-daily-prayer-march-20-2017.html

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

21st March, 2017

Good morning :heart:   :heart: Here’s the devotional for today.

Image result for god's love

Grateful and Aware of God’s Love

Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!) O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!
    – Psalm 106:1

God is always good to us, always faithful to us, always working so diligently in our lives. He is always doing something for us and acting in our best interest, so we need to respond by letting Him know we appreciate His abundant goodness.
    For example, “Lord, thank You for a good night’s sleep,” or “God, I thank You that my visit to the dentist didn’t hurt as much as I thought it might,” or “Father, thank You for helping me make good decisions today,” or “Lord, thank You for keeping me encouraged
    .”We can thank God silently in our hearts, and we can also voice our thankfulness aloud because that helps us stay conscious and aware of God’s love, which He demonstrates through His goodness to us.
    Prayer of Thanks I thank You, Father, that You are always faithful to me. Even when I can’t see it, You are working on my behalf because You love me and You have a great plan for my life. Thank You for all the ways You demonstrate that love on a daily basis.
    Profile gravatar of Bibi
    Bibi
    Participant
    @Bibi

Thanks for reminding me of daily thanks giving to God.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 260 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.