Sharing spiritual support and prayers!

Daily Meditation

259 replies, 13 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 12 hours, 51 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

3rd February, 2017

Dearest ladies, how are you all doing today. I’m sorry the devotional came extra late today. Had a bit of a challenge. Here it is and I hope, it resounds with you. :heart:

When You Just Can’t Bring Cheerful

“As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out — the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, ‘Don’t cry.’” Luke 7:12-13 (NIV)

I did something recently I’ve rarely done in the decades I’ve loved Jesus. I sat before Him, cried and told Him everything on my heart. Some of it wasn’t pretty, and some of it was confession of confusion mixed with anger toward Him.

For most of my life, I didn’t come to Jesus with raw honesty. I came to Him with my cheerful, or I didn’t come at all. I’d withdraw from Him until I could pull myself together. Slowly, over the years, I’ve realized how my wrong beliefs about God have kept me from some of His greatest gifts.

I believed that He only wanted me to come to Him feeling positive, so I missed out on His power.

I believed He only wanted me to come to Him happy, so I missed out on His healing.

I believed He only wanted me to come to Him contented, so I missed out on His compassion.

In the account in today’s key verse, I doubt the grieving mother could have mustered up any of those positive emotions to give to Jesus in the midst of her intense grief. Her husband and now her only son were dead. Even though a large crowd of mourners surrounded her, she must have felt desperately alone. Maybe she was even angry at God, not understanding why the two closest to her had died.

Often, I’ve skimmed over these stories without thinking about the humanity of the people in the accounts, but let’s think through this together. What funeral circumstances are particularly tragic to you? When the children are left without a mother? When the victim died too young? When against all rules of nature, a child dies before his parent?

That’s exactly what this crowd was feeling, so the mother must have been broken times 100. Maybe you’ve stood in her shoes.

Jesus tells her, “Don’t cry,” but not because He was disturbed by her grief. Our key verse from Luke 7:13 tells us, “His heart went out to her.” His heart was joined with hers, and He felt her grief. He met her emotions not with outrage or rebuke or harshness. He met them with kindness, gentleness and mercy.

Then He went to work to show His power and healing.

When we are bogged down in grief or doubt or fear, those negative emotions may seem so wrong to bring to God. But He doesn’t want us to muster up a pretty smile in order to approach Him. He wants us to bring those emotions to Him. He wants to join His heart with ours so He can help us and give us hope.

Do we experience a miracle or a resolution to our situation every time like this widow got to experience?

No. But in the presence of Jesus there is always healing.

That morning when I wept and ranted before Jesus, I didn’t feel His displeasure. I didn’t get struck by lightning. I didn’t get a sharp rebuke. Instead, I felt His love and mercy wash over me.

Even though I didn’t experience a change in my circumstances, my soul made a seismic shift from turmoil to peace. Jesus’ heart went out to me, and He gifted me with an inner-healing.

Feeling sad, lonely, depressed or overwhelmed today? Working to wrestle fear and doubt to the ground? Our kind Savior’s heart goes out to you. Take it all to Him and experience His love and healing.

Father God, instead of trying to hide my true feelings from You, help me to trust You with them. I’m tired of trying to act like I’m OK in front of You when I really need Your healing and help. I surrender and receive. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Titus 3:4-5a, “But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.” (NIV)

Hosea 2:14, “Therefore, behold, I will allure her … and bring her into the wilderness, and I will speak tenderly and to her heart.” (AMPC)

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi

Culled from http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/#sthash.1HeVz9gq.dpuf

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

6th January, 2017

Dearest ladies :heart:   :heart:  Today’s devotional and it is a special one!! :wedding:

Image result for respect

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Today’s Truth

“Let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband [that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates and esteems him, and that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly”  (Ephesians 5:33 AMPC).

Friend to Friend

I’ve been shut up, shut down, shot down, ridiculed, disregarded, overlooked, over- booked, and overwhelmed…I know I was made for a reason. I know that, in God’s eyes, I count. So, I simply want to find someone who believes in me.

No, these are not the lyrics from the latest country song. They are the lament from one of the men who answered my survey of what they were looking for in the woman of their dreams. It seems Aretha Franklin isn’t the only one who wants a little r-e-s-p-e-c-t these days. One area that rated very high when I surveyed hundreds of men was their longing for RESPECT. Webster’s dictionary defines respect as the special esteem or consideration in which one holds another person or thing, the state or quality of being esteemed, to feel or show consideration to. It’s the one thing a happy husband can’t do without. It’s the one thing that all men long for…married or single.

In the Bible, Paul wrote to both men and women about their various roles in marriage. In the book of Ephesians he wrote, “Each one of you (men) also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband” (Ephesians 5:33 NIV).

Now, that doesn’t mean that husbands don’t have to respect their wives or wives don’t have to love their husbands. I believe Paul was summing up what was paramount for both men and women. We want to be loved and cherished just like men want to be honored and respected.

Another reason I believe that Paul admonishes wives to respect their husbands is because he knew that after years of mistakes, poor choices, wrong decisions, and smelly socks, respect may not come naturally for a wife. It may well take an act of the will empowered by the Holy Spirit.

But how do you respect someone who vegetates watching TV all the time? How do you respect someone who sits around waiting for the right job to come along when you’re working yourself to death trying to keep food on the table? (You may need to stop and quietly put that responsibility back where it belongs.)

How do you respect someone who apparently has no respect for himself? It may seem impossible, but as the angel asked Abraham, “Is anything too hard for the LORD?” (Genesis 18:14). The same God who parted the sea for the Israelites to walk across on dry land, who caused the walls of Jericho to fall with a shout, who kept Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from even a hint of smoke as they exited the fiery furnace, who caused flesh to reappear on the rotted hands of lepers, who made a man blind from birth see, and who raised Lazarus from the dead—that same God can give you the power to respect your husband. It all begins with prayer and follows with obedience close behind. There is “incomparable great power” available to those who believe (Ephesians 1:19).

In the Bible, power always follows obedience.

• As soon as the high priests crossing the Jordan placed their feet in the water, the river parted (Joshua 3:15-16).
    • As soon as the rotting lepers turned toward Jerusalem to tell the priests they were cleansed, their skin began to heal (Luke 17:14).
    • As soon as Namaan dipped into the river seven times as the prophet Elijah had commanded, his leprosy began to disappear (2 Kings 5:14).

The miracle didn’t come before they obeyed, but after they obeyed. Do you want to see a miracle unfold before your eyes like an unfurling rose? Obey God. An amazing thing happens when we begin to show respect to our husbands. They begin to act respectable.

Let’s go back to Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. I love how the amplified version expounds on Ephesians 5:33. “Let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband [that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates and esteems him, and that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly.” What a power-packed verse!

Friend and fellow author, Carol Ladd, said, “Respect is wrapped up in the beautiful paper of kind and gentle words and tied with the enormous ribbons of a loving spirit.” It is one of the most beautiful gifts a wife can give.

Let’s Pray (For Married GiGs)

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for my husband. Help me, in all areas of my life, to be the wife that he needs. Help me to respect, revere, regard, honor, prefer and esteem him greatly. Not only that, but help me to show it in my words and actions so that there is no doubt in his mind just how much I love him.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen

Let’s Pray (For Single GiGs)

Lord, even though I’m not married, I can show respect to the men in my family. Show me ways I can honor my brother, my son, and my father. And Lord, I pray for my Girlfriends in God who are married. Help them to be the wives that you have called them to be.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

During the reign of King David, he brought the once-captured Ark of the Covenant back to Israel. It was one of the grandest moments in his life. Read the account recorded in 2 Samuel 6 and answer the following questions:

How did David’s wife, Michal, react to his outward demonstration of praise to God (6:16-20)?

What was David’s response to her? (6:21)

What was the outcome of her disrespect? (6:23)

What can we learn from her lack of respect?

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @teemah @yinca

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

7th February, 2017

Good morning ladies. It’s a great day to be alive. Here’s the devotional for today. :heart:   :heart:

Image result for saying words that matter

Sweet and Salty Speech

“Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.” Colossians 4:5-6 (ESV)

A friend once urged me to try a new drink at my local coffeehouse rather than the coconut mocha I usually order. When the barista cracked some sea salt on top of a mug of caramel hot cocoa and its mounds of whipped cream, I’ll admit, I was skeptical. But I trusted my friend’s advice and tried it and … Oh. My. Word. Who would’ve thought?

Salt.

On the periodic table of elements (which I haven’t looked at since high school) it’s sodium chloride — NaCl. Salt is the number one flavor enhancer in the world and used in numerous cultures. In fact, over a quarter billion pounds of salt are produced each year.

Diners put a dash of salt on their casseroles, sprinkle it on piping hot potatoes and add a pinch or two to a bowl of soup. Salt is even added to sweet things to intensify their sweetness, thus the deliciousness overload of the salted caramel hot cocoa. My father always puts it on his slices of melon. And have you ever tasted dark chocolate with sea salt? Heavenly.

One time I forgot to add salt to a mint brownie recipe. When I tasted a bite, there was plenty of mint and cocoa powder, the two main flavors of the dish, but somehow it just didn’t taste right. Even though the recipe called for only half a teaspoon, omitting the salt ruined the normally delicious treat. It takes only a little salt to coax out the wonderful flavor of other things around it.

In today’s key verse from Colossians 4, we see our speech should be seasoned with salt and gracious. And we’re told to know how to give the right answer to everyone. Might it mean that we should ask ourselves if we are bringing out sweetness in both our choice of words and in our conversations with others — especially online conversations where we not only start a conversation but often give answers?

In the Sermon on the Mount, at one point, Jesus states: “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot” (Matthew 5:13, NIV).

Maybe you’ve also wondered … just what does the phrase “the salt of the earth” mean?

Here are some other uses of salt and corresponding questions we can ask ourselves about exactly what salt does:

• Salt preserves. Do our words preserve God’s Word? Are we helping to improve a situation and keep decay from happening?
      • Salt is valuable. Do our words add value to the conversation at hand, or are they empty and worthless?
      • Salt purifies and softens. Are the words we utter pure and truthful? Are they soft and kind or harsh and hostile?
      • Salt melts hard ice. Do we phrase our speech in such a way as to help melt an icy conversation and bring out the best in others?
      • Salt prevents infection in a wound. When an interaction starts to turn ugly — either between you and another person or in a group situation — do your words try to help heal, preventing further toxicity from spreading?
      • Too much salt ruins the soup. Although we’re called to season our speech with salt, too much salt will not only spoil the soup but can overpower a conversation as well.

So many uses for salt. So many applications for our speech. Before we use our words — in person, while texting or online — let’s grab the truths of God’s Word and make our words both salty and sweet.

Father, before I speak today — in person or digitally — may I sprinkle a little salt on my words, making them sweet to the hearer and pleasing to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Proverbs 22:11, “He who loves purity of heart, and whose speech is gracious, will have the king as his friend.” (ESV)

REFLECT AND RESPOND:
    Today’s key verse in Colossians 4 mentions salty speech directly in reference to knowing “how you ought to answer” everyone.Can you think of a time when you gave an answer to someone and it did not go well? If you could go back in time, how would you answer differently based on a particular quality of salt?

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee @teemah

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/encouragement/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

8th Feb. 2017

Hello ladies, today’s devotional is here!!! :heart:   :heart:

Image result for plitvička jezera u jesen

Hungry into Satisfied

Today’s Truth:

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. (Psalm 90:14 NIV)

Friend to Friend

One night as Brad and I prepared to put our kids to bed, our middle child, Hunter, had an emotional meltdown. Our little gumdrop went from sweet to sour in two seconds flat. The day had been packed full with school and other activities, and it was late. He should have turned into a pumpkin a smidgen before his meltdown took place. You know how those days are.

In an eight-year-old kind of way, Hunter was completely irrational. Tears flowed freely as he floated down his raging river of drama. He said that nobody loved him and that he felt mistreated. I had to just shake my head and wonder, “How in the world could one of my children feel unloved?”

The love Brad and I have for our children is immovable-mountain strong. We are not perfect, nor do we love them perfectly, but we do tell them of our love daily with words. We show them through our actions. We hug and affirm. We laugh and play with them. We spend our lives loving our children. It amazes me that any of our children could think, for even one second, that they are not loved.

As we endured the tear-filled bedtime drama, Brad and I suddenly realized why our son had such a dim perspective: he was hungry. Really hungry.

Earlier that evening, Hunter had chosen not to finish his dinner. Our son believes he should have choices. We assure him that hedoes have choices—eat or be hungry.

Simple as that.

As I emptied the dishwasher this morning, it occurred to me that we were created to be hungry. Our bodies need constant nourishment, and hunger is simply a trigger designed by God to stimulate a necessary response. Whether we’re talking about physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual hunger, you and I are temporarily satisfied when an appropriate response meets a need.

Think about it…

The satisfying response to physical hunger is food and drink.

The satisfying response to emotional hunger is love (among other things).

The satisfying response to mental hunger is knowledge.

And the only satisfying response to spiritual hunger is God. Nothing can take His place. Not the latest-greatest beauty gimmick, not the most fabulous outfit, not a hunky man or a good smelling baby. Not money in the bank, not that promotion you might be after, not the affection you might be craving, and not the appreciation you desire for your efforts.

Nothing can supplant God if you want to satisfy your spiritual hunger.

Our souls constantly demand to be fed, and make no mistake about it: if God does not have the proper place in your life, your soul will remain hungry. When I invite God into my days, I experience His satisfying presence no matter what I face. But when I don’t pray, when I don’t read my Bible, and when I don’t praise, I get hungry. Really hungry (not to mention grouchy).

Christians are hungry people. Just like the Israelites who wandered in the desert, we need God’s daily bread, His spiritual manna. Jesus taught us to ask for a daily portion. In the New Testament book of Matthew, Jesus took a moment to teach His followers how to pray. In that prayer, commonly referred to as the Lord’s Prayer, He said, “Give us today our daily bread” (Matthew 6:11).

He didn’t ask to be fed for an entire week—just for today.

We would be wise to do the same.

Some people might think that once we become Christians all of our spiritual hunger subsides. Not so! I’ve found that the more I get to know God, the more I want to know Him. The more I experience His peace, presence, and power in my life, the more I want to experience His peace, presence, and power. I crave Him more.

Every day we eat bread (food) to keep us healthy and strong. We stay healthy and strong spiritually by continually communing with Jesus. He calls Himself the Bread of Life as well as the Living Water. In order for food and water to sustain and strengthen us physically, we must eat and drink it. Likewise, we need to call on Jesus each day to sustain us spiritually.

Let’s Pray

Dear Lord, Thank You for the invitation to come, eat, drink, and be satisfied in You. You are all that I need, and more than enough. I pray that You will bear the weight of the burdens on my heart today, and ask that You would fill my soul with Your rest.

In Jesus’ Name I pray,
    Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Read and meditate on Psalm 63:1-8. GET WITH GOD. Abide. Seek Him. Experience His grace and be renewed in HIs goodness.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee @teemah

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

9th February, 2017

Good morning ladies…and gentlemen, I’m expectant today oh and have no time to be discouraged or dissuaded from this path. Read the devotional to find out why.

Image result for encouraged in the lord

Defeating Discouragement

Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God.
    —Psalm 42:5

In today’s verse, the psalmist is clearly discouraged. Discouragement destroys hope, so naturally the enemy tries hard to discourage us. Without hope we give up, which is exactly what the devil wants us to do.

The Bible repeatedly tells us not to be discouraged or dismayed. God knows that we will not be strong or victorious if we lose our courage, and He wants us to be encouraged, not discouraged. When discouragement tries to overtake you, the first thing to do is to examine your thought life. What kinds of thoughts have you been thinking? Have they sounded something like this? I am not going to make it; this is too hard. I always fail; I may as well give up. God probably doesn’t answer my prayers because He is so disappointed in the way I act. 

If these examples represent your thoughts, no wonder you despair! You become what you think. Think discouraging thoughts, and you will get discouraged. Change your thinking and be set free!

Love Yourself Today: Instead of thinking negatively, think more like this: Well, things are going a little slowly, but, thank God, I am making some progress. I am sure glad I’m on the right path. I had a rough day yesterday. I chose wrong thinking all day long. Father, forgive me, and help me to keep on keeping on. This is a new day. You love me, Lord. Your mercy is new every morning. I refuse to be discouraged. Father, You sent Jesus to die for me. I’ll be fine—today will be a great day. I ask You to help me choose right thoughts today.

Culled fromhttp://www.joycemeyer.org/Articles/Devotional.aspx

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

10th February 2017

Dearest mamas and dadas, today’s devotional is here. May God’s presence always go with us.

Image result for god's presence

Dear God: I Want a Cloud, Too

“By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way …” Exodus 13:21a (NIV)

It had been a hard and long day. Maybe you can relate?

Problems abounded, and my head was spinning from all the difficult decisions I faced. For weeks, I searched for supportive Scriptures and hoped I would glean a definitive, holy answer to my questions. I stayed alert for any trace of God speaking. I wanted to hear His voice loud and clear. I looked for patterns in things I read or heard. And I continually sought precise affirmation in the choices I was leaning toward.

My thoughts ran rampant. What if I made a wrong decision? What if I thought I heard God’s voice, but instead it was just my own emotions or feelings controlling my thoughts? Was it too much to ask to get a blinking neon arrow dropped down from Heaven to point the way?

So on this particularly frustrating day, I stopped trying to figure everything out. I stopped looking for a blaring answer from God. I simply began to pray.

I prayed for wisdom, clarity and guidance about how to move forward. I prayed for peace and hope to fill my heart and mind — leaving no room for confusion and negative thoughts. I prayed that decision-making would be an extension of my faith, not an exhaustion of my efforts.

I whispered, Amen, opened my eyes, and looked out the window. Immediately, I noticed groups of big, puffy, white clouds in the sky. As I watched the clouds drift slowly across the bright blue sky, our key verse in Exodus 13 came to mind, and I reached for my Bible.

By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way …” (Exodus 13:21a).

Shortly after their rescue from Egypt, God led the Israelites through the wilderness. He guided them during daytime with a cloud, and at night He provided a pillar of fire. I found myself wishing for a holy cloud of my own to guide me

Instead of a cloud, I had a cloudy mind. I was so worried to make a wrong decision I couldn’t make any decisions at all. I felt lost in a wilderness, much like the Israelites.

Yet as I read through this passage of Exodus, my heart began to lighten. Exodus 13:17-18 tells us, “When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, ‘If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt. So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea. The Israelites went up out of Egypt ready for battle.’”

God didn’t lead them down the short path, possibly one that was easier, because they might not have felt the need to fully rely on Him. Or they might have been tempted to take a wrong path when things got tough. Because of this, God led them through the more difficult path, around the desert and toward the Red Sea. It was a long, difficult journey but God was always before them. They trusted God to lead the way, even if they didn’t understand it, and their lives and faith were saved as a result.

As these lessons in this story came to mind, my thoughts became less cloudy and I rested in knowing God would be my guide. If I walk down the right path, God will be there with me. But if I take a wrong turn, He will still be there, redirecting me, guiding me and leading me out of the wilderness. In fact, He may take me down the most difficult journey, with full intention of growing my faith along the way.

I closed my Bible, and a smile crept across my face. I may not have a cloud I can see with my eyes, but I can trust God is always leading the way. God may lead us into the wilderness, and He may even guide us there to camp for a while, but He will never leave us there. Regardless of the decisions we make, we’ll never be on any path alone.

Lord, sometimes I would love a blinking neon sign or a cloud to guide me and confirm Your will for the decisions I face. But Your presence is truly what I desire. Help me rest, knowing You are always with me, and if I stumble or go down a wrong path, You will lead me in Your way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Psalm 119:105, “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.” (NLT)

REFLECT AND RESPOND:
    What major decisions have you been fretting over and trying to figure out on your own rather than resting in God and trusting He will guide you and go before you?

Ask God to help you give the situation fully to Him today.

Culled from http://www.ibelieve.com/devotionals/encouragement-for-today/encouragement-for-today-february-10-2017.html

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

13th February, 2017

Hi lovelies, how’ your week coming along? The daily devotional is here. :heart:   :heart:

Image result for holding God's hands

I Want to Hold Your Hand

Today’s Truth

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8 NIV)

Friend to Friend

When our kids were little my husband Brad and I used to hold their hands a lot. Sometimes it was to protect them from danger, like if we were crossing a street. Sometimes it was to calm fears or to help them to feel secure. Sometimes it was because we were on a mission to get through or to a place quickly. Other times it was for the simple pleasure of strolling, skipping, and smiling together.

Now that they’re teens, my kids aren’t so keen on holding hands with mom and dad anymore. Sigh. There is still the occasional watching-a-movie-on-the-couch-at-home handhold, but it’s a rarity. And I miss it.

I love locking fingers with my people. There’s a beauty and intimacy to it. A tangible connection that binds our skin and braids our souls. I love walking with them, hearing their hearts, talking through tight spots, giving advice, laughing and enjoying their company.

Similarly, our heavenly Father finds pleasure when you and I walk with Him. When we take His hand and share our time, trials, treasures, and thoughts.

The prophet Micah spoke to this. “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8)

This is a simple, yet profound summary of God’s desire for us. A revealing of His longing for you and me to live in constant communion with Him. To lace our fingers with His in good, bad, scary, and sad times. Whether the sun is high in the sky or thunder rumbles low in our hearts.

Let’s break that verse down a bit.

ACT JUSTLY

In order to act justly I have to behave in a way that God considers just – not the ways that the world considers just. My righteousness (my salvation) was made complete through the sacrifice of Jesus, but my willingness to walk in His righteousness is a choice I have to make each day. I get to choose whether I will do things my way or yield to the Holy Spirit within me and move as He leads. When I pray and invite the Lord into my day, it’s like reaching for His hand and asking God to lead me in His ways.

LOVE MERCY

Mercy is God’s kindness to NOT punish our sins as we deserve. It is His restraint from condemning His children (all who believe in their hearts and confess with their mouths that Jesus is Lord.) If it weren’t for the mercy of God all hope would be crushed! Instead, hope is vibrant in grace. We can live responsively to His mercy (love mercy) by being grateful women … women who thank God each morning for a clean slate. We love mercy when we forgive others as we have been forgiven. When we do not condemn others as we might think they deserve.

WALK HUMBLY WITH GOD

I love how the Bible describes the relationship between God and Enoch.

“Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.” (Genesis 5:24) What in the world? I don’t know what set Enoch’s relationship with God apart so much that God just had to snatch him from earth, but my glory – I want me some of that! Don’t you?

And look what was written about Enoch’s arc-building great grandson, Noah. “Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.” (Genesis 6:9)

They walked faithfully with God.

My prayer today is that God would consider me a woman who walks faithfully with Him.

I don’t want to be the girl who only reaches for His hand when the road is bumpy, when my checkbook is empty, or when my feet are stumbly. And I don’t want to be like the teenager who is embarrassed by her dad and only gives him attention in private or on occasion. I want to live with the faith of a child who acts justly, loves mercy, and daily takes the hand of her Father to face each moment, mountain, and memory right by His side.

Let’s Pray

Dear Lord, Please teach me what it looks like to walk faithfully with You. Show me what it looks like to act justly. Convict me when I don’t. Help me to love mercy and to give it as freely as I take it. I want to hold Your hand.

In Jesus’ Name I pray,
    Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Read Colossians 3:1-17 to see some practical ways you can live out Micah 6:8.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

14th February, 2017

Happy Valentine’s Day :wedding:  I have got a favour to ask you today, especially the married folks, please read this devotional today. Thank you in advance :-)

Image result for valentine's day cards

Making My Wife Cry on Christmas

“How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful!” Song of Songs 1:15a (NIV)

At first, it looked like the worst Christmas gift ever.

I could read the expression on Lisa’s face: “Why would you do this to me?”

Lisa held the daily journal in her hand and thought (she later told me): “You know I don’t like to keep a journal. Please don’t ask me to do this.”

But then she noticed it was stamped “2016” — which had already passed. And then she saw how the entries were already filled in.

The first page said, “Lisa’s Lovely Ways,” and I explained that throughout the past year, I’d written down something every day

Lisa did which I was thankful for, or something about who she is that I admire.

That’s when she cried.

“You found 365 things to say? Even on my ornery, not-so-nice days?”

My 20-something daughter said, “Sheesh, that’s like something you see in a Hallmark movie that nobody actually ever does.”

I borrowed the idea from a wife who did this for her husband. After he read it, he said, “Reading that journal makes me aspire to be the man she thinks I am.”

Here’s why it was so powerful for me to write this journal of gratitude: I don’t think I asked God to change my wife even once during the months I wrote it.

Every morning, I had to come up with something new to say. I couldn’t thank Lisa for the same thing 10 or even five times without it losing its power. So sometimes, particularly near the end of the year, I had to sit before God and ask Him to remind me about something Lisa had done, or even something she is that perhaps I’d taken for granted. Starting each day praying, asking God to help me recognize my wife’s excellence, impacted my thinking for the rest of the day.

Writing the journal made asking God to change anything about my wife seem a little … picky. When you have a book already listing over 100 praise-worthy things about your spouse, asking God to “change” her is a bit like examining a brand new Mercedes Benz and being upset that the gasoline tank holds “only” 18 gallons instead of 21. I mean, Come on.

While traveling, I feared losing the journal because I had put so much effort into it, but then I realized the discipline of writing had already changed my marriage. It made my wife feel more cherished because of the way I thought about her, spoke to (and about) her and felt about her. Without even knowing it, she was receiving the present long before Christmas Day.

That journal is just one of dozens of things I put into practice when I realized it wasn’t enough to love (be committed to, sacrifice for and serve) my wife. I had promised to cherish her (“I promise to love and to cherish until death do us part”).

And here’s what I’ve found:

• A cherishing marriage is a much happier marriage.
    • Cherishing can be chosen and learned.
    • Cherishing feeds itself — the more I cherish my spouse, the more I cherish and value my spouse.
    • In a world where so many spouses feel neglected, I want mine to feel especially cherished.

The author of our key verse today was intentional about pointing out what he cherished about his beloved: “How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful!” (Song of Songs 1:15a) Might we do the same?

We need to raise the bar for our marriages. For the sake of our children. To please our God. Even for our own happiness, we need to learn what it means to cherish our spouse and put it into practice. When marriage gets difficult, it’s easy to focus on our commitment to love — but we also promised to cherish. I don’t want my spouse to think I’m with her just because it would be wrong to leave her; I promised to cherish her, and I’m determined to follow through on that promise.

Lord, help me cherish my spouse the way You cherish me. Please don’t let me settle for mere love; help me fulfill my promise to learn how to cherish this spouse who is committed to me. Let me speak about my sppuse the way Your word teaches me to. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Song of Songs 5:10: “My beloved is radiant and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand.” (NIV)

REFLECT AND RESPOND:
    Read Song of Songs 5:10 in our Truth for Today. Think on your spouse’s most excellent qualities until you can say this verse and mean it.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee @teemah @muanya

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Lovely post…….many thanks… :rose:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

15th February, 2017

Good morning lovelies. :flasher: Hope you had a lovely Valentine’s Day. Here’s the daily devotional for today.

Image result for take the pain away Lord

Please Make the Pain Go Away

Today’s Truth

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1, NIV)

Friend to Friend

As the basketball game heated up and the man-to-man coverage got up close and personal, he took an elbow to the ear. Seconds later his world went silent on the trauma side. Stunned, he continued to play and pointed to his ear as he ran down the court telling his coach about the situation.

“I can’t hear in my left ear!”

Wait, what? I read his lips from the stands and wondered if I accurately interpreted what my son had just communicated. (My stomach did the I-hate-when-my-kids-get-hurt twist.)

“I think he just told coach that he can’t hear out of his left ear!?” I said to the friend beside me.

My guess proved to be accurate.

Preston came out of the game and spoke with the athletic trainer. She listened to the recap of what happened, evaluated his ear, and then allowed him to go back in the game since he wasn’t in pain and no bleeding was visible. He finished the game in an oddly muted reality.

We got home late with our tall, tired teen and decided that we would get him in to see a doctor if his hearing didn’t come back or improve by the next day.

Morning did not bring the healing we had hoped for so we headed to the urgent care.

The doctor listened to the accident recap and then looked inside Preston’s ear. He saw through the tympanic membrane and quickly identified the source of the silence: bloody fluid had puddled on the other side of his eardrum due to the blunt force of the trauma.

The bad news? There was no immediate solution for the hearing loss. An invasive procedure could be done by a specialist, but wasn’t recommended.

The good news? He said that Preston’s hearing should return and his ear will eventually heal. His body will absorb the fluids over time. We’d just have to wait. It could take a few days. Possibly even a few months.

The diagnosis was as much sweet as it was bitter, but honestly we were hoping for a quicker solution. A speedier healing. A faster resolve.

#mylife

Make the pain go away, Lord! Now. Now. NOW!

I like things to happen right away. {You too?}

When our hearts are wounded from unexpected relationship traumas, we want to click a simple prayer button and make everything whole and well.

When questions are many and answers are few we want vision for a mile but often get just enough sight for the next step.

When our over spending choices slash us like falling prices, we try to throw a little sanitizing scripture on the gash of our debt and get out of it in the microwave minute of extended credit.

But life doesn’t work that way. Freedom doesn’t work that way. Quick faith fixes are not a biblical guarantee. Healing often takes time… and sometimes it doesn’t look like we want it to look. The way we think it should look.

Yes. God does sometimes rescue and bring us healing immediately, but He’s not obligated to. He’s God, He’s able, and He’s sovereign. Remembering this helps me to trust Him when life gets scary and stressful.

I think on this and a barrage of questions flood my mind.

Are there really life-impacting lessons to be learned in this lingering?

What if God wants to use the strains, stains and disappointments we face to refine us – restore us – strengthen us – and to draw us to His side in the desperation?

What if God’s plan is to teach us to know Him in new ways as we struggle to hear, to hope, and to heal?

What if instant healing or quick answers would rob me of greater depth?

If these “what if” wonderings are on point then I’m all for the waiting. Because I really do want to be a woman of depth. Don’t you? Isn’t that what faith is all about? The assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen? (Hebrews 11:1)

If I always get what I hope for right away and can always see clearly, then how will my faith grow?

While Preston waited on his healing I prayed that the lessons we learned would be rich along the way. In the waiting of each trial, you and I will grow in faith as we lean in closely to listen to the whispers of the One who is compassionate, faithful, and trustworthy.

Let’s Pray

Lord, Please forgive me for the times when I tell You how to fix me. You are the all-knowing One. You are the all-powerful One. You are the God of all wisdom, grace, compassion and strength. I need You, Lord, and I choose right now to trust the plan of healing You have for me and for my loved ones. Thank You, Father.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Read Hebrews 11 and take a walk down history’s holy halls of faith.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee @teemah @muanya

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

When our over spending choices slash us like falling prices, we try to throw a little sanitizing scripture on the gash of our debt and get out of it in the microwave minute of extended credit.

But life doesn’t work that way. Freedom doesn’t work that way. Quick faith fixes are not a biblical guarantee. Healing often takes time… and sometimes it doesn’t look like we want it to look. The way we think it should look.

#deep….Thanks @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

You’re welcome @bosa. It’s quite deep really. :heart:  Quick fixes teach us nothing at all.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

16th February, 2017

Hi everyone. Here’s today’s devotional. Stay encouraged in the Lord. :flasher:

Image result for It’s Okay to Be Different

It’s Okay to Be Different

The sun is glorious in one way, the moon is glorious in another way, and the stars are glorious in their own [distinctive] way; for one star differs from and surpasses another in its beauty and brilliance.
    —1 Corinthians 15:41

We are all different. Like the sun, the moon, and the stars, God has created us to be different from one another, and He has done it on purpose. Each of us meets a need, and we are all part of God’s overall plan.

Thankfully, we can be secure people, knowing God loves us and has a plan for our lives. We don’t have to be threatened by the abilities of others. We can be free to love and accept ourselves and one another without feeling pressure to compare or compete.

When we struggle to be like others, not only do we lose ourselves, but we also grieve the Holy Spirit. God wants us to fit into His plan; He doesn’t want us feeling pressured to fit into everyone else’s plans. Different is okay; it is all right to be different.

Prayer of Thanks:Father, You have created me to be distinct and unique, andI thank You for that. With Your help I’m going to avoid the temptation to compare myself to others. I’m going to be secure in who You’ve created me to be today.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee @teemah @muanya @teeade22

Culled from http://www.joycemeyer.org/Articles/Devotional.aspx

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

17th February, 2017

:hi: :hi: Hi everyone, here’s the devotional for today. :flasher:   :flasher:

The One Small Prayer That Fulfills Our Greatest Dream

“And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” >Luke 11:9 (ESV)

“So, what’s your greatest dream?” I asked my new friend, Heidi, as we lay beneath the moon with a gaggle of sleeping girls and a splattering of starlight.

We’d spent the week as camp counselors together. We’d chased squirrels from the bath house. We’d chased boys away from our chocolate stash, and we’d tried to chase a handful of little girls closer to the heart of Jesus.

But we hadn’t talked about the dreams we planned to chase when we left church camp in the morning.

Heidi intrigued me. She oozed joy, moved with confidence and offered grace with ease. She was purposeful, but not pushy. Tenacious, yet tensile. Popular, not plastic. But it was her relationship with Jesus that intrigued me most.

Heidi lived like our Savior was lingering beside her. When the canoe teetered and the girls wailed, she’d laughed and invited Jesus to calm the current — as if He were sitting right next to us in that tipsy boat. And when our homesick campers cried in the dark of night, she’d prayed as if the One who’d spun the stars stood bent over those wooden bunk beds, too.

Maybe that’s why I asked that question in the dark of night. With her vibrant personality and confidence in Jesus, I was certain Heidi could accomplish anything she aimed to do.

“I want Jesus to be my greatest dream,” she whispered wistfully. “How about you?”

Did I dare tell the truth? I wanted Jesus to bless my greatest dreams, but I wasn’t certain I wanted Him to be my greatest dream. I wanted to do ambitious things for my Savior, but I wasn’t planning to make Him my chief ambition.

“I don’t think I love Jesus enough to make Him my greatest dream,” I finally admitted.

“That’s okay,” Heidi said as she gave my hand an understanding squeeze. “All you have to do is ask. That’s a prayer Jesus loves to answer.”

Though our paths never crossed again, Heidi’s words stuck with me long after the sweet summer we shared. And, over the years, when I grew weary of my own striving, and I slowed long enough to wonder why I felt so empty inside, I’d think of my friend from church camp and echo her simple prayer.

Jesus, be my greatest dream. I want to love You more.

At first, I wasn’t sure it would work. Or maybe, I wasn’t even sure I wanted it to work. After all, I had big dreams for my life, and Heidi’s prayer seemed so small.

But, in time, I found that even my grandest ambitions failed to satisfy me. My most significant accomplishments still left my soul sapped and wanting.

So, I followed the advice of Luke 11:9 and persisted in prayer.

Jesus, be my greatest dream. I want to love You more.

I prayed it when I got my first job offer and when I received my first byline.

I prayed it when I kissed the first child of my womb and when I signed my first mortgage.

I prayed it when my plans thrived and when my plans failed, when my expectations were met and when they weren’t.

I persisted until that small plea became the greatest cry of my heart.

And not long ago, I realized that the 44-year-old woman staring back at me in the mirror has something in common with that radiant young friend I met long ago at church camp.

I really do love Jesus more.

More than my well-laid plans.

More than my fabulous family.

More than my achievements or success.

More than my fears or my failures.

More than my hopes or my wishes.

More than a 15-year-old girl ever thought she could when she lay beneath the stars with a gaggle of little girls and a friend who dreamed big.

I can’t pinpoint when it happened, but somewhere along the way, my Savior answered my prayer.

And, sweet friend, He’d love to do the same for you.

We could pray it together — this big and beautiful prayer — and see where it takes us. I have a feeling that it will lead us somewhere far beyond our wildest dreams.

Dear Jesus, be my greatest dream. I want to love You more. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Mark 12:30, “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” (ESV)

REFLECT AND RESPOND:
    What’s keeping you from making Jesus your greatest dream?

Growing weary in prayer? Invite a friend to join you in your persistent plea.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee @teemah @muanya @teeade22

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

20th Feb, 2017

Good morning everyone. It’s a great week to be alive. Below is today’s daily devotional.  :flasher:   :flasher:

footsteps-Savior

A Prayer to Remember God’s Closeness in Your Suffering

“And a voice came out of the heavens: ‘You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.'” Mark 1:11

Why was Christ chosen out of the people? Speak, my heart, for heart-thoughts are best. Was it not that He might be able to be our brother, in the blest tie of kindred blood? Oh, what relationship there is between Christ and the believer! The believer can say, “I have a Brother in heaven. I may be poor, but I have a Brother who is rich and is a King, and will He allow me to be in want while He is on His throne? Oh, no! He loves me; He is my Brother.”

Believer, wear this blessed thought, like a necklace of diamonds, around the neck of your memory; put it, as a golden ring, on the finger of recollection, and use it as the King’s own seal, stamping the petitions of your faith with confidence of success. He is a brother born for adversity–treat Him as such.

Christ was also chosen out of the people that He might know our wants and sympathize with us. “Who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.” In all our sorrows we have His sympathy. Temptation, pain, disappointment, weakness, weariness, poverty–He knows them all, for He has felt all.

Remember this, Christian, and let it comfort you. However difficult and painful your road, it is marked by the footsteps of your Savior; and even when you reach the dark valley of the shadow of death and the deep waters of the swelling Jordan, you will find His footprints there. Wherever we go, in every place, He has been our forerunner; each burden we have to carry has once been laid on the shoulders of Immanuel.

God, when the road grows dark and life gets difficult, remind us that you too suffered and were persecuted. Remind us that we are bit alone, and even now you see us. Help us to remember that you have paved the way for us. You have taken the sin of the world upon yourself, and you are with us in every trial. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold@asenath @ikechukwungozi@babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @juleskemi @uloma @kemi @yinca @graciee @teemah @muanya @teeade22 @jennic

Culled from http://www.ibelieve.com/devotionals/your-daily-prayer/a-prayer-to-remember-god-s-closeness-in-your-suffering-your-daily-prayer-february-20-2017.html

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 260 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.