Sharing spiritual support and prayers!

Daily Meditation

355 replies, 13 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 2 days, 6 hours ago
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 356 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

16th January, 2017

Good morning ladies. Hope you had a great weekend. This is another week to be awesome :heart:   :heart: Here’s starting on a good note with His word.

Image result for don't give up on doing good

Don’t Give Up!

Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
    —Galatians 6:9 KJV

Do you ever feel like giving up? Perhaps you’re discouraged about your finances or you’re facing problems with your health, your marriage, or your children. Sometimes problems seem so overwhelming the road ahead seems too steep to climb.

We all go through these times. I’ve wanted to give up and quit many times through the years. But when I realized I had nothing to go back to, I determined to keep pressing on.

Even though continuing to move forward is sometimes painful, it is far better than giving up and sliding backwards. God is doing a good work in you so He can do more for you and through you. So ask Him to fill you with holy determination today and keep moving in the right direction.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee @pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe @tamtam @eguns @olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath @ikechukwungozi

Culled from http://www.joycemeyer.org/Articles/Devotional.aspx

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

17th January, 2017

Good morning ladies, do have a great day and enjoy the devotional  for today. :heart:   :heart:

Testing Builds Endurance

James 1:2-4- Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (NIV).

“Why would a loving heavenly Father allow His children to go through terrible trials and experience sorrow?” We can understand the reason that this is a common question—it can be baffling when the all-powerful God of love seems to stand by silently while painful things happen to His followers. Where is He during personal tragedies, natural disasters, financial crises, and other times of heartache?

The Word of God is the only place we can find the real answer. Even so, today’s reading can be hard to understand or accept. One might read James’s exhortation to be joyful in the face of trials and think, Count me out! Difficulties and joy just don’t seem to go together—that is, unless we understand God’s perspective of what life is about.

When James spoke of joy, he wasn’t referring to a cheery, frivolous feeling. Rather, he was talking about an inner sense of calmness, peace, and confidence in the Lord. He wasn’t telling us to feel happy about our trials but to know, as we go through them, that God is up to something good in our life. Our attitude during the struggle will determine what shape we’re in when we come out on the other side.

When our faith gets tested, the end result is endurance; being aware of this gives us hope and strength. What’s more, the Bible promises God will use trials for our good, so we don’t need to be afraid or anxious.

God’s desire is to bless you, not destroy you. Adversity can make someone feel like a victim, but as followers of Christ, we can choose to be victors!

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee @pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe @tamtam @eguns @olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath @ikechukwungozi

Culled from https://www.intouch.org/read/magazine/daily-devotions

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

18th January, 2017

Sometimes, we forget that God knows us too much; knows the hidden truths, pain in our hearts. However, it’s comforting to know that even when we forget, He is so mindful of us and He somehow finds a way to remind us of the fact that, He loves us. That was what the devotional of this morning did for me. It reminded me of God’s love.  Of how, He’s never tired of listening to my heart cry and making everything work themselves out in my favour. Hope, it blesses you as much as it blessed you. :heart:   :hugs:

Image result for how long o lord

How Long, O Lord?

“How long will my enemy triumph over me?“ Psalm 13:2b (NIV)

When I reached my 30s, I remember praying “How long, Lord?” as I filled out yet another change of address form.

During several years of job and life transitions, I’d filled out my share of these. I needed to have a list of my previous addresses nearby just to remember them all, and it drove me insane when the gas station pumps began requiring zip codes to make a transaction. My biological family had painfully broken apart years ago, and now everywhere I turned, I was reminded I had no place to call home.

Why, God, am I still living out of a suitcase? How long is this going to be my life?

These were honest prayers, raw prayers, and I had to go on a journey with God to learn it was OK to pray them at all.

For much of my life, I thought to question God was to doubt Him. I had learned to trust in His sovereignty, and desired God’s will for my life over my own. But somewhere along the path of obedience, my questioning ceased, and so did my laments.

Lament is a passionate expression of grief where God meets us in our time of sorrow. Lamenting prayers are prayers where we express our honest emotions before God. God wants to hear us, even on our bad days, and He is always open to our honest prayers.

One example of a lament found in Scripture is when the Psalmist cries out to God, asking: How long?

“How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?” (Psalm 13:1, NIV)

Have you ever lamented how long to God? How long must you be in angst? How long before you see your children come to the Lord? How long must you stay in a job that doesn’t satisfy you?

David’s how long lament shows we will sometimes feel forgotten, and even forsaken by God. Notice that this lament isn’t silenced by a happy-go-lucky song in church, or dismissed by an uncomprehending friend. David’s lament is taken directly to God in the form of prayer. In Scripture God permits us to lament, and as we cry out to him in lament, He answers.

The Psalmist continued, “How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart?” (Psalm 13:2a)

God gives us permission to present our honest questions before Him. He knows we will have anxious thoughts and troubling circumstances. It is what we do in these lamenting times that matter.

Unfortunately, I am guilty of often gossiping about God instead of taking my honest laments before Him in prayer. As a child of God, we can take our questions directly to God, even while our hearts are still filled with pain.

Why is she getting married, and I am still single?

Why is her life blessed, and I am still struggling?

Why is my sorrow unending, with no change in sight?

What are your how long prayers right now? Do you have permission to express them in the context of a Christian community, and have you given yourself permission to lament them directly to God?

We are all blessed with good things in life, and many of us are simultaneously struggling. As God’s people, we can experience multiple emotions at once. In a later Psalm, David laments as a form of confession, while at the same time asking God’s help to give Him praise.

“Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise.” (Psalm 51:15, NIV)

There is no “fake it ‘til you make it” in Scripture. Lamenting gives our honest cries to God and gives Him the opportunity to comfort us when everything is not fine. Being “fine” is never to be our goal with God, however, intimacy and transparency are.

As we take our laments directly to God, He will meet us right where we are … not where we pretend to be. Keeping our laments inside will cause us to shut down, displace emotions, isolate ourselves or stop praying altogether. What a generous God who has invited us to lament “how long” and modeled this language to us directly.

Heavenly Father, help me let out my laments to You. As I cry out, “How long?” meet me right where I am, and transform my laments into praise. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Habakkuk 1:2, “How long, LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, ‘Violence!’ but you do not save?” (NIV)

Revelation 6:10, “They called out in a loud voice, ‘How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?’” (NIV)

REFLECT AND RESPOND:
    What is one lament you have had in the last 24 hours?

Practice telling God of the disappointment you are currently facing.

Culled from http://www.christianity.com/devotionals/encouragement-for-today-proverbs-31/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

19th January, 2017

Good morning ladies :heart:   :heart: Enjoy your day, as you meditate on the Word of God. :angel:

God Is Pleased and Delighted with You

He brought me forth also into a large place; He was delivering me because He was pleased with me and delighted in me.
    —Psalm 18:19

Have you ever taken time to think about what you think about yourself? God thinks you are special, and He celebrates you all the time. He doesn’t mention your past sins, and He rejoices over you with singing (see Zephaniah 3:17).

According to Scripture, King David, who wrote our verse for today, was far from perfect, but he believed God was pleased with him. David made the same statement again in 2 Samuel 22:20. He really knew God’s pleasure and delight in him.

I hope you also know how pleased and delighted God is with you. Can you imagine walking around your house or driving around in your car singing, “God is pleased with me and He delights in me!” Many people would not have that kind of confidence, but we should. We should believe what God says in His Word about how He feels toward us. If you have the courage to begin speaking over yourself that God is pleased and delights in you, you may feel embarrassed at first, but soon you will begin to walk in new levels of confidence, power, peace, and joy.

God may not be pleased with all our behavior, but He is pleased with us if we love Him and want to make progress. When we make positive confessions like the ones I’m suggesting today, we are agreeing with God’s Word.

Love Yourself Today: God is not mad at you, and He loves you. He’s smiling over you and singing over you because He is pleased and delighted with you.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee @pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe @tamtam @eguns @olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath  @ikechukwungozi @babynaatey @olugod @fruitfuldamsel

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

20th January, 2017

These days, I often feel as though the devotionals are just meant for me. If you take nothing away from this devotional today, remember this, “A life of joy isn’t found in chasing adventure but in chasing our Saviour.” Jesus loves you! :heart:   :heart:

Image result for How to Live a Brave and Beautiful Life

How to Live a Brave and Beautiful Life

“You direct me on the path that leads to a beautiful life. As I walk with You, the pleasures are never-ending, and I know true joy and contentment.” Psalm 16:11 (VOICE)

The woman sitting beside me in the airport held a faded leather backpack that appeared to had weathered a lifetime of stories. And the hiking boots laced to her ankles bore the scars of a thousand miles.

And, to be honest, I was surprised by the discontent that stirred deep in my soul as I wondered what adventures the traveler next to me had lived.

I’d like to scale a mountain bigger than the laundry piles in my basement, I silently pouted while I counted the eyelets on those dusty boots.

I’d been serving at a ministry conference all weekend and would soon catch a flight back to the small town I call home. And though I was excited to be reunited with my husband and five children, I wasn’t eager to return to my daily grind of carpooling and homework-helping, cooking and cleaning.

“Where are you headed?” the wearer of those boots asked, interrupting my pity party.

“Home,” I replied as I lifted my eyes to meet her kind smile and reciprocate the question.

Turns out our destinations were the same, but we had little else in common. She worked for an international relief organization, serving people in need all over the world. I worked from home serving the six people who live beneath my roof.

During the past week, while I’d watched ballgames and grumbled about cooking dinner again, she’d watched the sun rise over the Himalayas and delivered food to hungry children in Nepal. Her feet had trekked through jungles and climbed rugged mountains, while mine had wandered grocery store aisles and played endless rounds of backyard soccer.

The more we talked, the more I wondered why this world traveler was waiting to catch a flight to my pedestrian little town.

When I asked that question, her eyes sparkled.

She told me she was on her way to visit her only sister who was “raising kids and cattle” on the family farm where they’d both been born.

I tried to imagine the dramatically different lives these two sisters had lived — one sprouting wings and traveling the world, the other sinking roots and rarely venturing beyond state lines.

“So have you always been the brave one?” I queried with a wink.

The woman fiddled with the leather strap on that old backpack, then met my gaze. “Actually, my sister’s the brave one.”

My expression must have broadcast my confusion, because that boot-clad traveler flashed me a knowing smile and continued, “I’ve spent a lifetime finding joy all over the world. But my sister wakes up in the same place every day and chooses to find joy right where she’s at.”

A lump of conviction welled in my throat.

“I think that’s brave,” the woman beside me murmured with quiet reverence.

In today’s key verse, King David reminds us the secret to living a beautiful life isn’t dependent on where our feet tread but in WHOM our feet follow.

A life of joy isn’t found in chasing adventure but in chasing our Savior.

And, according to Psalm 16:11, when we choose to keep company with Jesus — prayerfully seeking Him first and obeying His directions — we find true contentment right where we are.

The overhead speaker crackled with our flight’s first boarding call. And as the woman beside me excused herself to make a phone call to that brave sister of hers, my eyes seeped silently with tears.

I pictured the ordinary life waiting for me at home — the demands and the delights, the giggles and the grumbles, and suddenly, I couldn’t wait to hop on that plane and return to my beautiful life.

And maybe, once I hugged those five kids who call me Mom and scaled those mountains of laundry that grew tall in my absence, I’d dig out my old hiking boots and set them by the door. ‘Cause sometimes we just need a simple reminder to keep looking for joy on the path beneath our feet.

Dear Lord, I want to find joy in the life You’ve planned for me. Give me strength to follow and obey. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    1 Timothy 6:6, “But godliness with contentment is great gain.” (NIV)

Philippians 4:12b, “… I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation …” (NIV)

REFLECT AND RESPOND:
    Turn Psalm 16:11 into a prayer; invite Jesus to direct you on the path that leads to a beautiful life.

Feeling discontent with your life? Spend time with Jesus and ask for His joy.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee @pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe @tamtam @eguns @olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath  @ikechukwungozi @babynaatey @olugod @fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany

Culled from http://www.christianity.com/devotionals/encouragement-for-today-proverbs-31/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

23rd January, 2017

Good morning ladies, wishing you a great week ahead. Here’s the devotional for today. The grace of God is sufficient for you today, this week in Jesus name.  :heart:   :heart:  

Be Renewed

God selected . . . what the world calls weak to put the strong to shame. And God also selected (deliberately chose) what in the world is lowborn and insignificant and branded and treated with contempt, even the things that are nothing, that He might depose and bring to nothing the things that are, so that no mortal man should [have pretense for glorying and] boast in the presence of God.
    —1 Corinthians 1:27-29

If you are weak in faith, in mind, in body, in discipline, in self-control, or in determination, simply wait on God. He will be strong through your weakness.

Isaiah 40:31 teaches that if you expect God, look for Him, and hope in Him, you will change and renew your strength and power; you will run, and not faint or become tired. The Bible doesn’t say “hope so, it could be, or it may be”; it declares that you will be renewed.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee @pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe @tamtam @eguns @olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath  @ikechukwungozi @babynaatey @olugod @fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

24th January, 2017

Good morning ladies. :heart:   :heart:  The Devotional is served :coffee:

Image result for When a Bad Day Becomes a Bad Year

When a Bad Day Becomes a Bad Year

“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” Colossians 3:13 (NIV)

It started out as a promising family day, with lots of good things packed in, until everything started going wrong.

Someone got impatient. Someone else got mad. Someone’s feelings were hurt.

Suddenly, the good day was a mess.

When it finally ended, there were a lot of reactions simmering in my heart, and none of them led in the right direction. I went over the day again and again. There’s something satisfying in rehashing a scene to justify my feelings, or to vilify someone else’s actions.

It’s also not really helpful.

This was family. We would get together again soon. If I nurtured those frustrations, I’d take them to the next family event like a bad side dish.

I sat outside that night and held up the day to God.

I asked Him to show me if I played a role in the conflict and, if so, what to do differently next time. I asked that He ease the emotions simmering just under the surface.

In today’s text, Paul reminds us we’re all imperfect. There will be days we have a grievance with each other. People will say the wrong thing. People will react in the wrong way. What we do in response can help us resolve the issue — at least in our hearts.

I have friends who haven’t spoken to their family in a long time. When I ask why, some point to the exact day an offense took place. Others have forgotten the original offense, but the feelings march on as if it took place yesterday.

In both situations, unresolved feelings were stoked and fueled.

One bad day became one bad week, which became one bad month, and it was still doing damage in the hearts of everyone years after the initial offense.

When I invited the Holy Spirit into my bad day, I was able to see some tired and stressed family members. I was able to pinpoint misunderstanding. Although I wasn’t directly involved (at least this time), I certainly played a part in moving it forward.

I needed to put one bad day in perspective and measure it against some really great days with these same people.

I needed to offer mercy, as I admitted the times I’ve said the wrong thing or arrived at an event stressed and out-of-sorts.

Has a bad day turned into a bad week? Are you still reliving that bad day or a bad moment? Talk to God about your painful moments. Share those unresolved feelings with Him.

We were never supposed to live our life tangled up in one bad day. As we ask God to help us move forward, we’ll not only find a listening ear but also help resolving the issues.

And that one bad day can take its rightful place in our thoughts and in our lives.

Heavenly Father, help me offer mercy to others, just as You’ve shown me mercy. I’ve held on to these feelings for far too long. I don’t want to be defined by one day, but live every day fully. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Ephesians 4:32, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” (NIV)

Rewriting old history is impossible, but you can write a new chapter in your story. Suzie Eller shares how in her book, The Unburdened Heart: Finding the Freedom of Forgiveness.

REFLECT AND RESPOND:
    When we experience a bad day with someone close to us, our instinct might be to focus on their words or actions. For today, flip the focus onto your own heart.

Ask the Holy Spirit to show you the bigger picture of that day. Pray for each person involved. Ask for forgiveness, if you’ve played a role. You’ll be surprised at how the burden will lift.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee @pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe @tamtam @eguns @olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath  @ikechukwungozi @babynaatey @olugod @fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/encouragement/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

25th January, 2017

Good morning ladies :yahoo:  Who is ready for a New Thing? The New Thing that God is about to do? That’s the subject of today’s devotional. Enjoy. :heart:   :heart:

Image result for a new thing

When God Does a New Thing

Today’s Truth
    Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Friend to Friend
    I admit, I’m a sucker for the makeover shows. It doesn’t matter what kind… home makeovers, fashion makeovers… or even the shows that take a person from drab to fab. I just love to see an amazing transformation! Don’t you?

A few years ago we “transformed” our family a bit when we added a bouncy little puppy to the mix. Fun, right? Mostly, yes, but there is a bit more to the story…

Let’s just say that it took a good while for our precious new barky addition to get the hang of potty training and healthy chewing patterns. Our little, little dog caused us big, big problems when he chewed up and stained our family room carpet.

It. Looked. Awful.

And accidents happened repeatedly for months and months that seemed like years and years!

Eventually, when he grew into his bladder and learned better doggy habits, I was ready for a makeover of a carpet-kind for my munched-on, stained-up family room. So I went to the home improvement store, ordered new carpet, and waited with excitement for installation day.

When new-carpet day finally came, I watched the installers painstakingly remove the old flooring layer by layer. First they pulled back and removed the stained, chewed up carpet. Then they tore out the worn down old pad and put all the nasty, soiled carpet and padding in their van to take to the dump. Thank you!

Next they cleared away the remaining debris – cleaned the entire area – and installed the fresh flooring. A fluffy new foundation of padding and carpet! It was a beautiful transformation and I was giddy with gratitude.

The whole process reminded me of this truth: God is all about beautiful transformations.

He is an active, deeply personal, infinitely caring God who restores us on a heart level with makeovers of a masterful kind. When we turn to Him in repentance, He takes the broken, stained areas of our lives away and replaces our mess with a beauty that is far beyond ourselves – the beauty of Christ.

The Bible has a great deal to say about what happens when we turn to God:

“Those who look to him are radiant; they are never covered in shame.” Psalm 34:5

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:18-19

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17

Listen, friend, I am living proof of the scandalous nature of God’s grace … of His willingness to forgive and restore ugly, tattered heart places. I don’t write from a platform of perfection, but from a foundation of grace that was finished and established by the blood of Jesus Christ.

He gave His life so that you and I could live beyond our pasts – beyond our disappointments – beyond our biggest mistakes and our deepest pains. He bore a cross so we could be forgiven and made new. So we could have abundant life. Full life. Not a held-back-by-the-stains-and-shames-of-your-past life.

I don’t know where this finds you right now, but God does.

He knows and sees everything – and He loves you like crazy.

We all have brokenness that needs fixing and stains that need to be cleaned. We all need a makeover! The good news of the Gospel is simple: when we call out to God and seek His heart and forgiveness through Jesus Christ, He does a new thing! He meets us with mercy, forgives completely, blesses us with grace that we don’t deserve.

Are you ready for the Lord to do a new thing in your life today?

Let’s Pray
    Dear Lord, I’m so grateful that You love makeovers as much as I do! You know my heart, my messes, failures, and wounds. Please create a clean heart in me today and do a new and beautiful thing in my life.

In Jesus’ Name I pray,

Amen.

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

26th January, 2017

Good morning ladies and the men in the house. Today’s devotional is here. :heart:   :heart:

Be Positive

. . . But we have the mind of Christ (the Messiah) and do hold the thoughts (feelings and purposes) of His heart.

—1 Corinthians 2:16

Ever since I started keeping my mind in a positive pattern, I can’t stand the feeling of being negative. I’ve seen so many good changes in my life since I’ve been delivered from a negative mind that now I’m opposed to anything negative.

Here’s what I suggest if you’ve struggled with staying positive: Ask the Holy Spirit to convict you each time you start to get negative. This is part of His work. John 16:7-8 teaches us that the Holy Spirit will convict us of sin and convince us of righteousness. When the conviction comes, ask God to help you. Don’t think you can handle this yourself. Lean on Him.

Being positive does not mean that we don’t face reality. The Bible says to do all the crisis demands and then stand firmly in your place (see Ephesians 6:13). Our place is “in Christ,” and in Him we can always be hopeful and positive because nothing is too hard for Him. Jesus was always positive and full of faith. We have His mind in us, and with His help, we can do the same things.

Think like God thinks, so you can be the person He wants you to be and have all that He wants you to have.

Culled from http://www.joycemeyer.org/articles/devotional.aspx

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

30th January, 2017.

Hello ladies. Does anyone else feel like this January was extra long? Well, here’s the devotional for today. :heart:   :heart:

Image result for becoming a better woman
    <h1 class=”normal-case Oswald marginBottom”><span style=”font-size: 80%;”>When You Don’t Want to Go Back to the Way You Were </span></h1>
    Today’s Truth

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me (Psalm 51:10, NIV).

Friend to Friend

I just got my braces off…again.

I have had braces on my upper teeth three times. Count them. One. Two. Three.

As the orthodontist explained, “Teeth have a memory. They always want to go back to the way they were.”

As soon as he said those words, I felt convicted. I have a tendency to go back to the way I was.

We all do.

Karen (not her real name) admitted to single handedly destroying her marriage with passive aggressive coldness, destructive words, and disrespect of the worst kind. After her husband walked away from the marriage, she had a Holy Spirit moment and completely changed her life. She felt conviction over what she had done, her heart softened, and she vowed never be that woman again. Karen had a beautiful holy glow of a woman who knew she was totally forgiven and completely loved by God. Miraculously, her ex-husband saw the change, and the marriage was restored!

However, after a few years, the destructive behavior began to creep back in.

A word here.

A cold shoulder there.

A retreating into self for weeks at a time.

Ten years after the miraculous restoration, the marriage crashed and burned.

“Teeth have a memory. They always want to go back to the way they were.”

Jesus saw this tendency to fall into old ways when he cleaned out the temple. In the beginning of His ministry, after His first of miracle of turning the water into wine at the wedding of Cana, Jesus traveled to Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover.

“In the temple courts He found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So He made a whip out of cords and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle, He scattered the coins of the moneychangers and over turned their tables. To those who sold doves He said, ‘Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father’s house into a market!’” (John 2:14-16, NIV)

Three years later, during His last week of life on earth, Jesus came upon the unholy mess again.

“Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the moneychangers and the benches of those selling doves. ‘It is written,’ He said to them, ‘My house will be called a house of prayer, but you are making it a den of robbers’” (Matthew 21:12-13, NIV).

How did the corruption happen the second time? I don’t think it happened all at once. After Jesus initially cleared out the temple, I suspect it stayed that way for a time. But one day, a moneychanger set up his table. Then another brought in a few birds, followed by a couple of sheep, and then here came a cow.

The next thing you know, the temple wasn’t any different than it was before Jesus cleared it out and cleaned it up three years earlier. In just three years it had reverted back to an unholy mess.

And God whispers in my ear: “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?” (1 Corinthians 6:19, NIV) Sometimes I am that messy temple.

Swept-clean sinful behavior, ungodly thoughts, and jump-off-the-cliff emotions are itching to creep back in at all times. It is up to me (and to you) to keep the temple clean.

Perhaps you’ve had a Holy Spirit moment as some point in your life—a moment that caused you to make a major lifestyle change.

But for the moment to maintain momentum, we need to be constantly aware of our tendency to revert…to go back to the way we were.

I am so thankful that Jesus went back to clean out the temple a second time. It lets me know that he will graciously return to my messy self again and again with broom in hand.

Today, think back to a time when you made a decision to change something in your life: a bad habit, an ungodly behavior, a destructive relationship, hurtful words, overeating, the abuse of alcohol, disrespect to your husband, yelling at your children, bitterness toward someone who hurt you, etc.

Have you allowed any old ways or attitudes to creep back in? If so, simply ask Jesus to come and clean out the temple…again. Then cooperate with Holy Spirit to keep your resolve.

I don’t know about you, but I never want to go back to the way I was. If you’re willing to take a few moments and ask God if there is something you’ve allowed to creep back in, join me in praying Psalm 51 in the prayer below. Then leave a comment and say, “I’m doing it today!”

(Did you know that your comments are like super big hugs? It lets us know that we’re in this together and someone’s reading!)

Let’s Pray

Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your loving kindness; according to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against You, and only You, I have sinned and done what is evil in Your sight, so that You are justified when You speak and blameless when You judge. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and restore a steadfast spirit within me.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Can you think of any behaviors or habits that you have committed to change in the past, but have crept back into your life?

If so, today’s task is simple, but not easy. Renew your commitment to clean out the temple once again. Remember, God’s mercies are new every morning.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee @pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe @tamtam @eguns @olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath  @ikechukwungozi @babynaatey @olugod @fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @uloma

Culled from http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

31st January, 2017.

Hello ladies. It is said that our lives move in the direction of our predominant thoughts about ourselves. If that holds true, then it’s time to bring our thoughts in line with the word of God. Enjoy today’s devotional.  :heart:

Take Your Thoughts Captive

[Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). . . .
    —2 Corinthians 10:5

Take captive every thought coming into your mind that does not agree with the Word of God. Lead those thoughts away, and let them be replaced with ones that are obedient to Jesus Christ. In other words, change your mind!

This is something we have to be persistent in doing; and if you feel weary in the beginning of this new endeavor, I understand because I felt the same way. Instead of fighting with negative thoughts, simply replace them with positive ones. If you choose to think something good, then the bad thing cannot occupy that space in your mind anymore. We always overcome evil with good (see Romans 12:21).

Power Thought: My thoughts are obedient to Christ.

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe @tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath @ikechukwungozi @babynaatey @olugod @fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @uloma

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello ladies. Hope your day is going great. Here’s the daily devotional and it’s got me thinking. :heart:   :heart:  And welcome to the month of love.

Devotion GraphicWhen a Dream Dies

“Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.’” Ezekiel 37:4b-5 (NIV)

I sat on my porch with my Bible and a hot mug of coffee. Early morning is my favorite time of day. Just me, Jesus and a smattering of birds. However, this morning, as I looked out over my backyard, my eyes landed on a mound of fur nestled in the grass.

I moved in for a closer look. My heart sank as I discovered what appeared to be a curled-up lifeless baby fawn. Probably the same fawn my neighbor had seen nursing from its mom the day before. My heart broke. I understand the circle of life, but
    still. A baby fawn lay dead in my yard. Most likely the target of the coyote I’d seen roaming around.

I couldn’t get close enough to see the wound. Sometimes that is the way of things. I would have to wait until my husband got home to take care of the situation, as I didn’t have the nerve.

All morning long my mind returned to the still form lying in the sun. Hours passed. At noon I looked out of the window and the fawn remained unmoved. I couldn’t stand it. I had to know what had happened to it. So I mustered up my courage and made my way to the fawn. Three feet away. Stop. No signs of an attack. I inched closer.

Finally, I knelt down by the beautifully-crafted creature, admiring God’s handiwork. But I couldn’t see what had killed it.

“What happened to you, little deer?” I whispered.

Suddenly, the fawn’s head popped up! Startled eyes stared into mine. Like a deer caught in the headlights, I fell back on the grass. Time stood still for a moment as we stared at each other in disbelief!

Finally, the fawn sprang to its feet, wobbled a bit and scampered off. I sat in the grass and laughed and laughed and laughed. So, the fawn wasn’t dead after all. It had simply found a bit of grass and fallen asleep … until almost noon.

After my heart rate returned to its normal pace, God spoke to my heart: “Sometimes things are dead, and sometimes they just need to be woken up.”

I pondered those words for the rest of the day. I called a friend who was struggling in her marriage — in a very bad way. The sort of way that leaves you wondering if it will survive. I told her the story.

Sometimes things are dead, and sometimes they just need to be woken up.

Sometimes a marriage is dead, and sometimes it just needs to be woken up.

Sometimes a friendship is dead, and sometimes it just needs to be woken up.

Sometimes a dream is dead, and sometimes it just needs to be woken up.

I think of how God told the prophet Ezekiel to speak to the valley of dry bones: “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD’” (Ezekiel 37:4-6).

I imagine Ezekiel felt pretty silly talking to those dry bones. And honestly sometimes I feel pretty silly obeying God and speaking life into the dry bones of some of my situations.

So here’s the word for me and you today.

For my friend struggling in her marriage …

For my friend who cries for her adult son who walked away from God …

For my friend who longs to cuddle up with a good husband rather than a good book …

Don’t assume the dream is dead. Sometimes it just needs to be woken up.

Dear Lord, Wake me up! Stir my heart. It’s not over until You say it’s over. I commit to continue to pray for what others deem as a lost cause, for I know that there is never a lost cause when it comes to Your power to save, to deliver, to redeem, to rebuild. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
    Galatians 6:9, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” (NIV)

James 5:16, “The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (NIV)

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath @ikechukwungozi @babynaatey @olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @uloma @juleskemi

Culled from http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/#sthash.uVg0brIY.dpuf

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

This is deep @oluwakemine….Thank You!!!

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Indeed, it is @bosa:heart:   :heart:  Hope you are doing great #boominglevels

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Good day ladies. :heart:   :heart:  Today’s devotional is here!

Image result for winner crown

No Goals – No Gold

Today’s Truth

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Friend to Friend

Watching our daughter introduce solid foods to our six-month-old grandson was an intriguing process to witness. I’m not sure if it was the texture or taste that surprised Justus, but the faces he made when that new food was first placed in his little mouth were hilarious. When he liked the new food, his eyes got big; he grinned and made a big smacking sound as if to say, “Where have you been keeping this stuff?” However, a few foods elicited a very different reaction. He scrunched up his face, turned his head and promptly spat out the offending food. Danna quickly learned the art of mixing foods in a single bite and also learned the same food Justus refused to eat on Thursday was often consumed the next time she tried.

God only reveals what we can understand, perceive, apply and digest at the time. Setting life goals allows us to do just that. In my last devotion we covered several criteria for Godly life goals. Let’s continue.

Attainable. Proverbs 16:3 “Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.”
    If you have seen the movie, “Miss Congeniality,” you will remember the scene during which each contestant was asked about life goals. “I want to achieve world peace” was the popular answer. World peace is a great goal, but not an attainable goal for one person. A better personal goal would be to make peace with your neighbor. Reaching a life goal requires action. We are called by God to not only hear His Word, but to put it into practice – to do something about it through setting goals.

Ask a trusted friend to hold you accountable in each area where you want to improve and grow. When we involve others, we feel a greater sense of responsibility and accountability. Run your plans and goals past other people. You don’t want to do this with every goal and at every step along the way, but you should with big and important plans, especially if they impact other people.

Realistic. Hebrews 11:6 “And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him.”

When we set an unrealistic goal, we are setting ourselves up to fail. I once set a goal to read and memorize at least two chapters of the Bible each week. Yes, it was a great goal, but an unrealistic one for that season of my life. I had two small children and was directing the women’s ministry of the church where my husband was the lead pastor. I taught a community Bible study of over 400 women, had 20 voice and piano students, and had begun traveling and speaking for women’s events.

When I did not reach that goal of memorizing two chapters of Scripture, I beat myself up with guilt. A more realistic goal would have been to memorize a few verses each week.

We must brutally examine motives. Are the goals we’re setting from God or are they from our own selfish desires? Do I want my relationship with God to grow or do I want others to think I am Godly?

Timely. Ephesians 5:15 -16 “Be very careful, then, how you live, not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity … “

I need deadlines to achieve goals. When someone books me to speak for an event, I always ask them to give me a deadline for submitting handouts and Power point, shipping resources, etc. I then record those deadlines on my personal calendar. Sometimes the only reason we don’t accomplish our goals is that we don’t have a written plan of what needs to be done.

Pray! Ask God to give you direction to create goals and the power to reach them. He has a plan for our lives. Success and purpose come when we uncover those plans and go hard after them. Ask the Father to bless your holy pursuit of His will.

We need to order our lives in a more conscious way. Set forward-focused, spiritually sound goals, and be delivered from the futility of a life with no purpose.

Let’s Pray

Father, I want to follow Your plan for my life. Please lead me and guide me in Your ways. Give me Your wisdom and truth and show me the purpose for which I was created. I will seek You first in my life. I will trust You with my whole heart and do whatever You ask me to do.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Read and memorize Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.”

Record these verses in your journal.

Circle each action word.

In your own words, define the action words you circled.

How can you apply each directive to your daily life?

cc:@nicole@nadia@elle@akosua@naaadzane@nekkyg@goldie10@lizzy@mrsciw@ritty@bosa@ujay@chyfaith@ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola@oyinpd@nkemka@iyawodiipo @ange@angel @weni@msadesuwa @eka @lilymaram @emaimo @edojaprecious @chinny @namy @joys @chixavier @wemi@mrsciw @missamerley @mztee@pcosinlusaka @missfafa@mummybryan @nkay@olay@dsquared@dedebonyaki @tiwa @ayokuleyin @bola2016 @mzoj@tushtati01 @ebi-4 @bukkiearegbe@tamtam @eguns@olufunmi @abeemah@oyinforever @egobaby @dinma14@wonuola @emeraldmoni30 @asimco @angel-2 @ladylorrie @stephanie @uwaye @iphii @abbyigold @asenath @ikechukwungozi @babynaatey@olugod@fruitfuldamsel @mztee @fany @joy022 @juleskemi @uloma

Culled from https://girlfriendsingod.com/no-goals-no-gold-part-2/

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 356 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.