Support group for women living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

Nicole's PCOS Management Diary

22 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 3 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Good to hear you are making a switch…do you have all your guidelines, recipes, tips and tricks at your finger tips? @nicole

If not, I purchased a book some years backs you might find helpful its called KETO-ADAPTED; let me know if you are interested so I can send it across to you.

Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thanks @oluwakemine dear. I pray it works  :yes:

@pearl, thanks so much hun. Just seeing you approve it means the world  :heart: . And I’m so interested in that book!!!  :cloud9:   :coffee:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Let me know when you recieve it @nicole.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

I just read the book, @pearl, and it BLEW MY MIND!!! If I was 100% sure about the Keto Diet before, I am now 10000% sure. Thanks so much for sharing, hun! God bless you mightily  :cloud9:   :heart:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

you finished the book already @nicole:wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko: thats was FAST…

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

LOL! That was the first skim through, @pearl. Taking my time to read it in more detail now  :yes:   :yes:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

So, it’s been 7 days on the KETO diet.

It hasn’t been easy…but I’ve made it this far  :bodyb:   :bodyb:

How do I feel? Surprisingly not as frustrated as I thought I’d be. I’m enjoying the meals…even though I admit that I still miss my carbs. I have found out that sugar free jello is a good and harmless way to satisfy my sweet tooth, so very happy about that. Also found a whole load of KETO compliant desserts too (lots of coconut, peanut butter, etc.), so looking forward to trying them out.

Has it made a difference so far? Well, my big stomach has started inching down, and my face doesn’t look quite so puffy anymore. Small changes, but I’m looking forward to there being more noticeable ones as the weeks progress. I’m also looking forward to an improvement in my other PCOS symptoms…hair growth (scalp), reduced hair growth (other parts  :scratch:   :wacko: ), more energy, less bloating, etc.

Godspeed to me!!!!!

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Indeed godspeed to you :good:  Great job so far.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.