Support group for women living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

935 replies, 15 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 11 hours, 5 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 933 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

If you ask me, there is too much of a big deal on breast feeding. So many women are not physically able to breastfeed, and their children turn out just fine. It’s just an excuse to  get/receive gifts ojare!

@pearl, you guys are on to a great start by having him adapt to his own bed, and also tuning out some of the cries. So hard for a lot of moms (myself included), and we end up paying the price later. But you’ve always been a rockstar momma, so I’m not surprised :heart:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

“Myself and DH have unsubscribed from his attention seeking cries”  :haha:   :haha:   You and your DH should mind yourselves oh, Boss is not even up to a month and all this drama Pearl @pearl.

On the breastfeeding matter, the only thing that matters at the end of the day is that baby isn’t starving. Shikena  :plane:   :plane:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@nicole:”’… An excuse to receive gifts” and material things…I strongly agree with you. This is how women capitalize on things and categorize themselves.

We that want to breastfeed exclusively and our husbands will not gree, guess the kids won’t turn out fine. :dohh:

Turning out the cries was hard that I had to cry myself but I got over it asap. It will shock you to know this happened before I left the hospital after delivery with the help of the nurses, there I learnt how babies communicate and what to do if I seem nervous or confused which has helped thus far.

@oluwakemine: Today makes it exactly one month and trust me lots of dramas had taking place from breastfeeding to crying to be carried to co-sleeping to bottles turning yellow due to excessive sterilization to bathing him middle of the night so he can sleep better and we can also get some rest…the list is endless and more to come, looking forward to them all.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for happy one month baby boy

Yes oh :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:   It’s a  month today, since Heaven blessed us with the gift of Boss. Happy first month birthday  sweet boy :blue: :blue: .Pearl @pearl, I still have to pinch myself sometimes :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:

cc: @nicole @bosa @smiley @ddo

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Thanks @oluwakemine. :heart:   :rose:

Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

Happy One Month Anniversary @pearl!

Congratulations to you and DH.I would definitely read your journal to remind myself of life being in phases and men in sizes.

How is Bobo doing? On the one hand, If he doesnt cry to disturb you, biko who will he disturb? On the other hand, we dont want him to become a hand-bag bobo. Adapting to his bed is good enough for him :good:

@nicole, thanks Sis. Will watch out for the take aways. And you’re all correct. Dude didnt have to give a vehicle cos his wife breastfed the child. He could have at least given it to her cos she had his first child or got it for the family. My SIs in law said her son stopped accepting breast milk after 3 months. My bro complained something must be wrong with her breast milk to make their 2 children reject it at 3-4months :rofl:   :rofl:

The woman said she cant kill herself.Its my family that likes sweet things too much. And i must confess the children are very intelligent.

Evicting Baby Girls @ 6+ ??? Ever tried luring them with chocolate bars?

@oluwakemine, fingers crossed. Thanks for the tag. Meanwhile, when will our Iya Ibeji series start na?

I wish you all a wonderful week ahead

:hug: :hug:   :hug:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:rofl: :rofl:   Becca @smiley, your brother should ask his babies why they rejected breastmilk oh. Some children are really just like that. My older daughter stopped by herself at seven months. She just didn’t want the booby at all but give her baby formular and she was in sweet heaven.

The Iya Beji series is starting next week tomorrow, January 16th.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Happy 1 month, little Prince  :heart:   :heart: . We will always keep celebrating your life! @pearl hun, that was an awesome lesson you learnt at the hospital. I wish I’d learnt that. It would have saved me all the co-sleeping drama :haha:

@smiley my dearrrr ooooo. What happened was we started them with Moses’ Baskets for the first 6-8 weeks, and by the time I attempted to put them in their cots, all hell would let loose. So instead of getting them to get used to it, I moved them to my bed, and here we are 6+ years later  :dohh: . But I intend to do up their room properly this year, God willing, after which I shall be evicting them. I’ve already started singing it in their ears, so they will most definitely be out of my bed a.s.a.p. LOL! Don’t repeat my mistake oooo! Learn from Pearl  :yes:

@oluwakemine said next week tomorrow  :rofl:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:rofl: :rofl: I may have a mutiny on my hand @nicole. Considering the number of people who are asking, when the next series is going to start. :haha:   :haha:   Becca @smiley, I meant tomorrow oh.

Shenny
    Participant
    @Shenny

Oh @pearl you just got me to read all 927 messages on this thread, I just had to know how your story ended, and was I blessed? I can’t even explain how I feel. Has my f :heart: aith been pushed oh yes. You are faith personified, May God grow your son and his siblings when they come, above all give them the wisdom to value the parents they have. Your DH is the MVP. Kudos to you both and May your joy know no bounds. I have been blessed. Thank you    :heart:   :hug:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@shenny: haha…Thanks for stopping by, I hope my journey did encouraged and inspired you that there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the wishes, Amen to your prayers. :rose:   :heart:

@smiley: Thanks dear. :rose:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Shenny @shenny, you even took time to count the number of posts. It doesn’t even tell the full story. Pearl @pearl is such an inspiration and her journey so far… incredible.   :yes:

You know what? I like that part where you prayed about Boss’ siblings :heart:

Stay blessed Shenny :heart: and know there is always light at the end of the tunnel.  :dust:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@shenny, @pearl is a TTC warrior personified  :heart:   :heart: . An inspiration to many!

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

awww @pearl it is so refreshing to read these updates. I think that evening bath and massage truly helps them sleep better at night.

It seems the site swallowed my comment on the formula. I had heard about that before, I was also restricted so yea now we know its international. Funny thing on breastfeeding is i was one of those moms who planned to stop at 3months. I assumed small bosom women like me wont have enough milk so why bother? I was in for a rude shock, my lil’man rejected cereal or any type of solid at 6 months so found myself breastfeeding till 11months. :wacko: In fact it was a meeting outside Lagos that helped us stop. The baby’s weight is the end result, if baby is starving as some women do not produce enough oh well move to formula.

Please put bobo down to sleep oh, this rocking and co will keep you exhausted. It is tough, we cried together but omo I couldn’t kill myself. I was practically a single parent as husby’s rotation was 7weeks on and 3 weeks off. I had no choice than to train him to sleep himself and generally be by himself while i did stuff. I recall him screaming the house down at 3weeks in US because i put him down in a bouncer whilst trying to make my lunch after he had sucked the life out of him. I was expecting neighbours to knock on the door or call the cops as i refused to carry him until my meal was ready. By Age 1, Husby evicted him from his crib in our room to his room, take note he wasn’t sleeping on our bed but still husby said he wanted his room back :scratch: He overdoes it though ‘cos when we travel we have to get his own bed in the room as the first question he would ask is where will I sleep once he sees only a bed in the room. :unsure:

Oh dear @smiley I literally laughed so hard, my colleagues are looking at me…. :rofl: abi ke? Photoshoot with our parents is an idea oh…… ;-)

@ddo tell me about those prices. I always tell people to be careful with formulas, especially us shipping to Nigeria. That formula wastage is so common, I wonder why their taste buds are overly active… :haha:

The most annoying thing is how fast they outgrow clothes. When we were say 6months-24months I had a few clothes for each stage. We will wash well and use out the money spent on them…. :haha: I thought we had passed that stage since he has been growing “gradually”. Alas, that is not the case my lil’man is in a growth sprout phase that has thrown all my plans out of the window. This is me who does 2 shoes only per size, omo even the new sizes are tight. All his shorts can no longer button etc. It seems he is skipping a size, me the project planner to letter Z so it seems i have wasted money. I’m still angry sef let me not talk :growlmad:

Kisses to our TFC babies @ddo @pearl :heart:   :rose:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@shenny there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Keep up the faith!! :hug:

:dust: :dust:

• This reply was modified 18 hours, 40 minutes ago by  Bos.
Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 933 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.