Support group for women living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

862 replies, 13 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 7 hours, 22 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 860 total)
  • Author

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@ddo your boy will still show the world your true hair ohhh :haha: Tip is to secure with bobby pins from the top, so they can withstand some tugging. Great tips on the meals, things we take for granted here.

@pearl 2-3months paternity!!!! wawu! That’s great bonding time to learn and unlearn. I trust you to make your hair as @oluwakemine said, SUPERWOMAN!! That is one thing i can’t do, even to loosen braids, my hands will be aching like i was carrying weights.Sorry about the pains, It seems common though. @bibi also complained about them. On induction, your latest BOSS will decide how he wants to make his grand appearance. I recall crying on Saturday appointment because I wanted mine out before his EDD, the doctor requested we did a stress test on Tuesday then schedule an induction because he was still so high up. Monday, his EDD, my water broke and he graced us with his presence.

@ddo even if you learnt to weave or so from boarding school, it isn’t the same as braiding with attachment et al. Well with the exception of crotchet, i could do that myself if i was abroad because I can weave my hair to for wigs/crotchet but adding attachment is a different story.

@oluwakemine that is the story of the black woman abroad. Why do you think most of them don’t have “fresh” hair. When you pay such, you ensure the hair lasts for months. I used to loosen the front and redo myself to extend its life…. :haha: Sometimes, one may even live in areas where such salons won’t exist. My sisinlaw travels from Switzerland to London to make her hair and shop African food at least 4 times a year. The other times, she says thank God for wigs.

TGIF mine is busy again, cousin’s wedding and Husby’s birthday…..May we continue to have reasons to celebrate… Have a good weekend ladies @nicole @ldike @bibi @oluwakemine @ddo @pearl @smiley

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Bos.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@pearl, you are the real MVP! Doing your hair yourself? What! I have even more respect for you oh. Like @bosa said, even to loosen my braids is war. Heck, I don’t even help them ‘cut’ attachment. That one is way too much stress for me. You’re too much oh! Such a nifty skill to have!

So glad you’re almost there. 2 weeks! Wowww! It’s almost here  :yahoo:   :yahoo: . So sorry about the pain, but it will be over soon  :hugs:   :hugs:

As for 2-3 months paternity, that is AMAZZZING! Anyway, that awesome DH of yours deserves all the time. Our love to him  :heart:

What are your weekend plans?

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:yahoo: The finishing line is clearly in sight now Pearl @pearl. Pele about the pain. It will soon be over.  :hugs:

Mehn, that’s a lot of calculating you’re doing? @bosa, Your SIL does what???? Switzerland to London. It is well.

You sef, you are awesome, I can’t even weave any hair. Okay, only to finish braids. B-)

linda
    Participant
    @ldike

Yay! Almost there @pearl .awesome news. Super woman , you can also make your hair yourself, what other super powers do you have. Nice one babes and your hubby is so ready for his ill prince’s arrival, nice!

@bibi I went to boarding school o, but I still can’t make hair. I have started practising on my daughter’s hair sha, they say practice makes perfect :haha:

TGIF ladies

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Ugh…I have no idea if I am fainting to sleep, in a temporary coma of sleep, just closing my eyes and not sure if I had slept…tiredness and insomnia is real. :cold:   :sick:   :sleep:   :-(

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Pele Pearl @pearl, that’s third trimester drama for you.  :hugs:   :hugs:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

:cry:   Thanks @oluwakemine. :rose:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

UPDATE/NOTE:

Update:

Went for my usual appointment yesterday and was delayed due to high blood pressure of 130/70mmHg. Previously, it had always been within the range of 100/60mmHg but it skyrocketed lately which is a cause for little concern but could be normal with the number of weeks that I am in. The doc. has placed me on a more close monitoring schedule whereby I have a device with me as we speak to measure my BP in the morning, afternoon and evening before bed.

Baby is doing fine and Gyn is really happy we made it this far.**so emotional** Gyn has given us one more week to check for his development and hopefully we know whats next after that but that’s if nothing happens before then. :unsure:

cc: @oluwakemine, @nicole, @bosa, @bibi, @smiley, @ddo, @ldike

Note:

Look what I found in an old diary…Its an hand written note by myself and DH when we cycled between 2013-2014 which all summed up to 10failed fertility treatment of Clomid(IUI) and Gonal F(IVF).**I know others are hiding somewhere.** Hoping to stumbled upon previous and recent years soonest. :awww:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:awww: :awww: See notes. :cry: How the story has changed now :yahoo:   :yahoo:   Pearl @pearl, I’m sure you will keep finding more as the years go by. I once read the story of a woman, who mistakenly gave her daughter a notebook, she had kept details of her IVF cycle, which resulted in our birth.

Meanwhile, that increased blood pressure could be as a result of the number of weeks you are now but its absolutely awesome that baby is sitting tight and growing well.

Close monitoring should help you pick up any changes on time. Fingers crossed that it does back to normal.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@oluwakemine: When I saw the note I smiled to myself and was happy I kept few records. I already made a box where I am keeping them. I think this particular notes/record came as a results of previous years humongous bills because I can see DH also made some notifications on the note. :yes:

About the blood pressure, I personally do not see any cause for alarm but you know my doc. she will always want to exaggerate things and take precautions. The measurement this morning is reassuring 125/70mmHg and fingers crossed it doesn’t increase.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

That box is definitely a good idea Pearl @pearl. These memories are worth keeping.

Wich one is you are not concerned about the increased blood pressure, :-( Anyway, just stay calm and we be hoping and praying, it keeps going down. I don’t blame your gynae at all. Let her be dramatic ojare.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Awww, how emotional is this  :cry:   :cry:

Just see how far God has brought you. I’m so happy for you hun, and that box is a beautiful idea. Your kids will be blessed to hear the story of their Mom’s bravery to defy all odds.

Sorry about the HBP hun. So funny that your high reading is my typical reading these days  :dohh: . Before pregnancy, my upper limit was in the 120’s, but after pregnancy, it went as high as 160!!! Thankfully, it’s under control now, but does hit 140s when I’m stressed. Keep watching and monitoring it hun.

So happy that we have days to count down to our Prince  :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello Pearl, @pearl, how body today?

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@oluwakemine: Not doing bad, baby seems cosy in utreo and enjoying himself. Bought lots of fishes earlier today and will be frying later in the evening or tomorrow to be saved for raining days. Exciting days ahead. :brat:   :santa

Hoping you are doing good?

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

awwww see those notes isn’t God so gracious? @pearl :yahoo:

Thank God all is well, Countdown in earnest :wohoo:

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 860 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.