Support group for women living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

862 replies, 13 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 7 hours, 22 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 860 total)
  • Author

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@pearl countdown mode activated in earnest…..The Lord is faithful :angel: How do you feel? Any nesting yet?

I am a braids person, faux locs may last longer but it looks like it does more harm than good to the hair.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Issabouttogodowwwwn  :yahoo:…You got me :haha:   :haha:   :haha: @nicole.

Thanks @oluwakemine :rose: , I will be going for the faux locs.

@bosa: Feel, I do not feel anything at the moment except for DH; DH is the one nesting not me :growlmad: arranging and rearranging…He got clipper with a baby comb in the week end and has been extensively cleaning one thing or the other + everyone coming into the house are welcomed with a dash of hand sanitizer :growlmad: I hope this will not lead to OCD :growlmad: suddenly everyone is carrying germs and bacteria which only him can see. :-(

About faux locs, I don’t think it does any damage to the hair. well, it depends on how its done. Mine will be braided hair and then threaded with kinky hair extensions. I am a braids person too and this is my first attempt on faux locs. Hoping it turns out well and will like it. Fingers crossed.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Issabouttogodowwwwn  :yahoo:…You got me :haha:   :haha:   :haha: @nicole.

Thanks @oluwakemine :rose: , I will be going for the faux locs.

@bosa: Feel, I do not feel anything at the moment except for DH; DH is the one nesting not me :growlmad: arranging and rearranging…He got clipper with a baby comb in the week end and has been extensively cleaning one thing or the other + everyone coming into the house are welcomed with a dash of hand sanitizer :growlmad: I hope this will not lead to OCD :growlmad: suddenly everyone is carrying germs and bacteria which only him can see. :-(

About faux locs, I don’t think it does any damage to the hair. well, it depends on how its done. Mine will be braided hair and then threaded with kinky hair extensions. I am a braids person too and this is my first attempt on faux locs. Hoping it turns out well and will like it. Fingers crossed.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha:This your hubby sha @pearl. He is a special breed. Hope he gets maternity leave too but I can almost say, he will be giving himself one, when junior gets here.  :plane:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

haha you guessed right! @oluwakemine…He will get 2weeks official and he had saved his holidays to extend the 2weeks official stay which will be amounting to almost 2 to 3months paternity leave. :haha: . :haha:

Dooshima
    Participant
    @DDO

@pearl your hubby is totally here for this B-) Is there actually anything he has not thought of? Truly so happy you have made it to the finish line!

-have you made any arrangements for food in those first few weeks? If some pots of hubby’s 9 lives stew can be in the freezer. My hubby’s manager gifted us a voucher for a company that made ready meals..though it was oyinbo food and I had to add pepper to everything..it was super handy for those hungry nights when I came back from the NICU exhausted.

-I used to soooo love braids..used to change styles like underwear in Nigeria..then I moved to the abroad and paid £100 to get basic ones done and then had to loose it myself :wacko:   :negative: Wigs are now my best friend and super easy to glam up a tired mama..however now that my son has some energy to grab things..I have almost been disgraced in Tesco when he swiped the ends and almost dragged it down..be

• Finally Black friday sales on this weekend! If your hubby hasnt already bought everything..its a great time to pick up some last minute bits and bobs at great discounts! :hi:   :hi:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

ROTFLOL; ”Wigs are now my best friend and super easy to glam up a tired mama..however now that my son has some energy to grab things..I have almost been disgraced in Tesco when he swiped the ends and almost dragged it down…” @ddo. :rofl:   :rofl: Luckily for me I can make my hair myself, that has reduced my spending on hair. All I do is go on YouTube, look for styles and buy accessories at local afro hair stores. ;-)

Thanks for the tips about storing food. We have been doing that since I arrived home from the hospital and hoping we do more as time permits.

I will sure check out sales but I doubt if I will indeed buy anything as I am not an online shopper neither is DH. :-(

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:rofl: :rofl:   :Dooshima @ddo, you wan kii person oh. So, our mister is now grabbing wigs :haha:   :haha:   :haha:   wanting to reveal mom’s secret.

You know I’m not surprised that you make your own hair @pearl you are just super woman like that. :heart:   :heart:   :heart:   One day sha, you have to share your love story, I’m really intrigued.

And thank God, you DH no fall my hand oh regarding maternity leave. We are just waiting now.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Oluwakemi.

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@pearl ahhh your husband is on a “testing, testing”. Germs and bacteria are in serious trouble, he ain’t taking chances oh. :haha:

Re faux locs as long as the threading isn’t so tight, sometimes i see some threading done as if they were trying to reach the skull. :negative:   They look so tight and painful, it is those ones that damage hair lines and when they are taking down, lumps of hair removes with them. I am a braids person also, faux locs i think will have to be crotchet if i even consider it.

Dooshima
    Participant
    @DDO

I don’t even know how to respond that @pearl can do here own hair..I’m so JEALOUS!!! Like I legit had a fight with my mom about not sending me to boarding school so I could learn how to do my own hair..nails..*cries in pain* thinkin of ££ spent ….

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Pele Dooshima @ddo, but we love our superwoman Pearly @pearls and all her superpowers too. Thank God for wigs.

I just read that erm  £100 again. :wacko: :wacko: Wigs are super lifesavers in that case.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@ddo: I really do understand and thank God for wigs.

@oluwakemine: you read it right, to wash hair is 40euros upwards and trimming is 20euros. You know I like to pull legs :rofl: ; I was like asides water with one or 2 handful of shampoo and conditioner what else will they use; the lady responded they have lots of treatments and that will cost extra money. I was like :wacko: issorai :sick:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hairstylists are the real deal over there oh. I need to go and learn how to make hair oh Pearl @pearl.

You sef like looking for trouble, you want them to be sharing their trade secrets with you? How do you guys cope without doing a mental maths every time you want to buy something. Mehn.. but I guess you get used to it.

But wait oh, are these rates only for Black hair or everyone?

Dooshima @ddo :heart:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@oluwakemine: The prices are for black hair. ”How do you guys cope without doing a mental maths every time you want to buy something.” Its not just when buying alone, one also has to calculate on using facilities eg light, water, gas, etc.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Update: Appointment went well yesterday and gyn is really proud of us. :yahoo:   :yahoo:

She said everything is looking fine but if I do not feel baby coming soon they might induce me/ bring him out next 2 weeks.

Next appointment is next week and I am exhausted as we speak from back pain to hip pain to watery eyes. :-(

Fingerscrossed and hoping for the best. :sleep:

cc: @oluwakemine, @nicole, @bosa, @smiley, @bibi, @ddo, @ldike.

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 860 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.