Support group for women living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

805 replies, 13 voices Last updated by  Bos 1 day ago
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 803 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello Pearl @pearl, how did you doctor’s appointment go?

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Update…

Appointment went well yesterday and scan shows baby is doing good and growing at his pace. :yahoo:

GYN was very happy with our progress and eager to see me for another appointment scheduled for next week or meet the baby any time soon should he decide to come before next appointment.

In another news…

There was a stimulation test yesterday in the hospital and I couldn’t help but laugh and wonder what is wrong with everyone i.e both doctors and patients.

The stimulation test was lights off in all rooms/offices except for the corridors, the lift was functioning and all emergency exits were opened. No water in the toilet to wash hands after using the toilet but there was hand gel/sanitizes and one could flush, there was no light in the toilet as well but thanks to my phones torch light. :haha: Guess I was the only one behaving normal. :cry: **Instilled suffer is not good ooooooooo :rofl: **

Most of the systems/computer were off making most workers idle. That alone was an eye opener for me giving the environment I come from. :dohh: **discourse for another day.**

The panic was real and very irritating for me because I come from an environment where we hardly have lights and most times run generators at night to power up gadgets.

Most patients asked for delay in their appointments because systems(PC) weren’t working but very few carried on. :yes:

All authorities concerned were there and hoping to read the event in Local Newspapers today + see the results and their conclusions on managing such events in the future.. :haha:

It was an eventful day with lots of lessons to learn.

cc: @oluwakemine, @nicole, @smiley, @ddo, @ldike, @bosa.

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Hello @pearl, I can imagine myself in that situation :rofl: like “is it that serious? ki lo de?” This Nigeria has made us suffer heads sha…. :haha:

So glad all is progressing nicely, countdown in a few…..

Hello ladies @oluwakemine, @nicole, @bibi, @ddo, @smiley, @ldike

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Bos.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Thank  God for how far you have come Pearl @pearl. I know you are tired Pearl  :hugs:   :hugs:   but let baby still stay tight small. :plane:   :plane:

__

:haha: :haha:   :haha:   Honestly, conditioned suffering is not good at all. Well, I guess, they needed to carry out such simulation exercises over there, as they prepare for whatever it is they are preparing for. B-)

We are already experiencing worse situations over here and are in no way prepared for the worst, if it can get that way sha.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

And Bos @bosa, is this you for real? Hope you are doing fine and it’s just work that’s making me miss you small  :hugs:   :hugs:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@bosa: True, Nigeria has indeed made us suffer heads…I was like ”wetin do all this ones; Over pampered human species” just because they off light for like one hour and I heard they announced prior to the test so as not to have too many casualties :growlmad: . Police officers were there calming people, giving people bottled water; in my mind I was like ”Jesu! :gun: ” Just because of a stimulation test.

I can only imagine if this was indeed real and not a test, imagine how many causalities they will record due to light out. :unsure:   :cry:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

You are right @oluwakemine, we are not preparing for anything; even when light is stable, we await darkness and question the availability of light for a long period of time :-( . We just live by the day and hoping for the best.

The one I fear most is Natural disaster  :cry: water; we are in no way prepared nor preparing for flood or massive erosion we just keep building on floodplains and water channels not minding the consequences. :cry:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@pearl let’s not imagine lights out oh…. :rofl: Police is even there to give them bottled water……for stimulation… :haha: Ah i wish. The Last time there was a fire in my estate, I woke the fire service with my call. This is after waking hubby and sending him to the house. Then i proceeded to be screaming Fire, Fire at 3am, hoping to wake other neighbours…Took me calling back twice before I could get the dude alert to give the address. They finally came when the fire was out, my son was the one who even reminded me to call them. We’ve lost so much hope we don’t even bother any longer.

We are always unprepared unfortunately, that flood is real and still going to happen…Lagos is mainly flatplains and there are still no plans even with the warnings. You know the situation is grave when your child keeps asking you why he has to live in Nigeria, after seeing systems that work.

@oluwakemine i have been very naughty, I have skipped TFC classes. ;-)

Been busy both work and social (my large family has had one event or the other every weekend, even on Tuesday – had to close earlier), once i don’t log in when I resume, it’s difficult to as the day progresses. I have been reading via emails so yea I am here all the time even if i do not reply. :hugs:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Police  handing out bottle water, prior notice, one hour darkness :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   Enjoyment wey dem they call simulation exercise.  Hmmm B-)

Speaking of water and flooding, I was at Eko Atlantic some weeks ago and mehn, it was so surreal to be standing where Bar beach of my childhood had been. Lagos government, their partner and all the rich people in Lagos pushed back a whole OCEAN and put interlocking stones there.  The result is already been felt all along that Oworonshoki side. You can actually see the effect as you get off the 3rd Mainland bridge at that end of town. B-)   B-)   B-)

Thank God the fire was put under control before it got out of hand @bosa. @You know the situation is grave when your child keeps asking you why he has to live in Nigeria, after seeing systems that work, it’s so heartbreaking to hear that from a young boy. (There goes your future Nigeria, even your children don’t trust you to have their backs.)

I guess an active social life is one of the benefit of having a large family. God bless everyone of then and thank God that you are all gathering for celebrations :yes:   :yes:

Let me sha be thinking of a way to fine you small sha. :haha:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Hello @pearl how was the weekend? How’s #Projecteat going? I hope the heart burn has subsided.

@oluwakemine yes oh we bless God for the celebrations of life. Meanwhile on the Eko Atlantic saga, they did their homework well, many places were sand filled, I grew up in FESTAC – it was all water and never flooded as it was properly planned, the drains were deep and went into a central point. Lekki is not as organised, EKO Atlantic is, I went there and was wow’ed.

It is not the effect that is at 3rd mainland oh, the Lagos state Govt is also reclaiming the Oworonski end. They are planning to build estates like they are doing the Olubirin end, when you are leaving the island towards 3rd mainland on the right side.

May God help us….. :angel:

Have a good day.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

I see you don’t want to miss class today @bosa :haha:   :haha:   How are you doing today and our junior rocker? :angel:   :angel:

Thank you for that clarification But with all the land reclamation going on all around, where is the water going go? Anyways, it’s too early in the week to be talking about Lagos mata. But that Ilubirin project looks abandoned oh and they want to build another :wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko:   #notsurprised  B-)   B-)

Pearl @pearl, how are you doing this new beautiful week? Trust you are fine and resting well  :sleep:   :sleep:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@oluwakemine yes oh I am bright and early to class…..Had a restful weekend, junior rocker is fine although he is refusing to barb his hair…. :wacko: I thought i still had many years before he would start having hair style choices. His dad is on his side so they have won for now.

Yes Ilubirin is the right name, sadly thanks to the Ambode-Fashola Fracas all Lagos state housing projects have been abandoned, even the mall on Awolowo road. This is the reason i am weary of anything provided by the government. Those houses were quite affordable for their locations, made so much sense. People have made payments for these homes oh. I bet the owners would be praying they don’t lose the initial deposit. Same party oh not a different party, but disputes between Fashola and Tinubu has made Ambode brainless and remain on a vindictive mission. That mission is making him look like a joke now, Lagos isn’t working..as you stated too early in the week…..It shall be a great week…. :kiss:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Amen @bosa:haha:   :haha:   :haha:   So, you lost the battle for Junior Rocker to barb his hair :haha:   :haha:   Our lil man is growing and becoming his own man.Enjoy it and remind Daddy to know which side of his bread is buttered oh. He can’t be backing Junior rocker all the time. My 5-year olds determine what they wear now, down to shoes, my job is simply to provide the choices and with online shopping, I can’t even totally determine that.

In all of the political drama, it’s the average Nigerian with initial deposits, who are hurt most. May God save us from ourselves.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Testing! Testing!!

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

1/2: Morning Ladies.
    @oluwakemine: That bar beach nonsense was a shocking experience. :cry:
    Imagine driving all the way from Ikeja axis with the hope of taking family and friends to bar beach and then Fasholas Eko Altlantic and finding out its the same when we got there. :sick:
    I felt like a wall crumbled on me and bowed my head in shame. Thank God for Nike art gallery and Lufasi park…If not, I would never be taken serious when I organize road trips for family and friends.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 803 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.