Support group for women living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

658 replies, 11 voices Last updated by  Nicole 14 hours, 51 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 656 total)
  • Author

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Lucky you @bosa. First trimester was a breeze and I didn’t use any of my lung meds but second trimester has been somewhat difficult that getting through the night without it is like hell. :cry:

I love avocados on bread or toast but as for bananas they seem too sweet for me at the moment maybe because I have had too much in the past. :unsure:

Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

I don miss plenty o. Sorry bout the underweight levels. The experts have given advice already. Dont forget to add chocolate cakes, french fries and barbecue to the list.

Heheheheheeh@boy who wanted a brother. DH told me bout how he fought his parents when they brought two sisters home when he was expecting boys. The first time, he went to the hospital. Second time, he totally ignored the child for a week until the naming ceremony day. The second born is getting married this Saturday and i can tell you he is very protective of her.

As per help, if you can get a cousin who is on break to assist or a sis in love whom you are comfy with, that will be fine.

How do you entertain yourself? Do you read novels? Do let me know so i can send some to you.

Do take it easy on yourself o Sis. :hug:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@pearl pele the Lord was truly merciful ‘cos my respiratory doc actually said pregnancy usually triggers asthma. My gyn. mentioned some women who weren’t asthmatic actually had to be given inhalers so yea it’s actually not surprising. Try adding bananas to your mix for smoothies, that could mask the sweetness. :hugs:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Pele @pearl. You have done admirably well thus far, and better. You and baby will be fine.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@smiley: Congrats to your in-law getting married. Wishing them blissful marriage ahead. :wedding:
    As per entertainment; Loved books(novels) as a teen but with internet I enjoy watching movies more from: detective, philosophical, sci-fi, spy, tech, nature, etc but please not nollywood **I take God beg you. :haha: ** also TV programs that encourages discussion.

@bosa: Only God can see me through this, :-( If it was reliever inhaler I can still cope but with COPD and having to be admitted while on oxygen is what I dread at the moment. It was only fireworks aka banga that landed me the hospital last year Christmas/new year. All I am doing now is taking things as easy as possible and avoiding any triggers.

I will be adding banana to my smoothies and hopefully I can tolerate that.**fingers crossed.**

@oluwakemine: Amen.

Thanks Ladies. :rose:   :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Don’t worry, @pearl hun. Just go at your own pace. Like Bosa said, ignore the scale as that will only make you anxious. You’re doing just fine  :hugs:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@pearl with COPD we won’t want to take chances. God will be with you, i pray it gets better by the third trimester. :kiss:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Hoping it gets better by third trimester. Thanks ladies. :rose:

@nicole, @bosa.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

What an interesting read to start the week. :yes:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

It sure is @pearl. I read this piece last week and it’s good news on one hand and raises ethical questions on another level, much like the three-parent procedure.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

yimu…same concerns when IVF was about going public but I understand what you mean.@Oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

But these concerns make me afraid too oh @pearl, Just imagine, China or US creating embryos according to specifications and you know how these people have really long term plans, unlike us, that even one year budget is a challenge for. Humankind may not remain the same.

But, time will tell.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Hummm… :cry:   :cry:   :cry: True @oluwakemine.

Maybe too much film is worrying me… :unsure: **The movie ”Extant” is culpable.**

On the flip side, US asides (I don’t see difference between US and some African countries) they are just opportunist; Chinese and Japanese are capable of doing this but then again it still boils down to your concern ethical and religious issues. :-(

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

It’s not too much film @pearl oh. It’s just that there are no depths to the human imagination and the possibilities therein.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Update:

So super excited about the result of todays scan. :yahoo:

We have grown! we have grown!! we have grown!!!

:wohoo: :wohoo:   :wohoo:

I am so happy and my mind is more relaxed than ever but will keep up with the eating routine.

Having another appointment next week for control and update from blood sample collected today.

Thanks for your support ladies, couldn’t have achieved this without you all. :hug:   :rose:

cc: @nicole, @oluwakemine, @bosa, @smiley, @ddo.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 656 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.