Support group for women living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

658 replies, 11 voices Last updated by  Nicole 14 hours, 56 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 656 total)
  • Author

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@nicole: ”You might be one of those women bouncing with strength as they are entering the labour ward.”
    I pray so.
    @oluwakemine: I am doing fine and doctors appointment is tomorrow, excited and jotting down lots of questions and observations.
    @ddo: Heard and read about the diaper saga with boys and thanks for sharing that again. Hopefully I will be knowing what gender we are having tomorrow so I can prepare as you have suggested.
    haha…Adding Baby bath to my list NOW as I don’t have that yet.
    Quick question: Do I really need a changing pad and a diaper bad? :unsure:

How did you improvise @oluwakemine. :unsure:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Pearl @pearl:yahoo:   :yahoo:  gender scan.

I improvised by using the big bowls I had at home. Washed it, disinfected and it was fine.

It all depends on you whether you need a diaper bag or you can convert one of your big bags to one. That changing pad sha :headspin:   :headspin:   :headspin:  Not sure, if you will use it even if you carry it around, emergency diaper changes and all.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@pearl hun, yes you do need a changing pad. It’s very necessary, especially if you have to use a public space to change baby. Definitely a must. :yes:

@oluwakemine, you are gangstar o! Improvised ke? I give you HAND AND LEG!

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha:   :haha:   :haha:  Yes oh @nicole, I be gangsta like dat oh.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Yes, today is Gender Scan. :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Couldn’t sleep was just  dreaming and imagining things. Is it a boy or a girl. :unsure:
    Hoping Oga shows up at the clinic from work. #praying and fingerscrossed.
    @oluwakemine: I am loving this improvisation.
    Will add baby tub to my list as I do not have any big bowl and don’t want to join the kitchen sink mamas.

**I was actually thinking about kitchen sink before @ddo mentioned it, but from her experience I will be purchasing one.** :ignore:

I know I will get crucified by kemi. :cold:
    Sadly, I do not have a big bag. The ones I had were taken by my sisters and mum. Adding diaper bag to my list.
    @nicole, I get you about changing in public space. Adding changing pad to my list.

**To buy list.**

1. Changing Pad
    2. Diaper Bag
    3. Bottle warmer
    4. Baby tub

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

HOORAY for gender scan today, @pearl  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

But  :blue: or  :pink: , I know we’ll be  :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9: regardless!

Good luck hun  :heart:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo: @gender scan @pearl. Thank God you’re not joining the kitchen sink mamas.  You for face panel. With this list, I feel you’re ready oh  :baby:   :baby:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo: @gender scan @pearl. Thank God you’re not joining the kitchen sink mamas.  You for face panel. With this list, I feel you’re ready oh  :baby:   :baby:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hope your appointment went well @pearl:blue:   :pink:   :yellow:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Having issues posting…testing! testing!!

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Update from yesterday… :mail:

1/2

While in the waiting room getting ready to be called in for ultrasound scan; I saw a preschooler(boy) crying, he was really angry and devastated; his bigger sister **looks thrice as he is** was trying to console him but all to no avail, I was wondering what could be wrong with this boy and lo & behold the pregnant mother came out from the scan room I was to have my scan carrying a toddler girl and the doctor just told them they were having another baby girl. I was like oooooo :haha:   :haha: :rofl: thats why the boy was crying, he wanted a baby brother. The mother called their dad whom I could hear over the phone was super excited which aggravated the preschooler even more. :haha: They later left for home dragging him.

DH met the dragged preschooler on his way to GYNs office and was wondering what was wrong with the boy…Later told him and he was like he could relate. :yes:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Having issues posting…testing! testing!!

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

i was typing a long message and it all just disappeared :nope:   :cry:

@pearl poor boy, my brother used to ask my mom for a brother also. She told him he had a brother in his friend from nursery school, they are truly brothers till date. Easy getaway….. :haha:

Let me type my response on word abeg, i can’t shout!! Waiting on your update 2 like :telephone:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Update from yesterday… :mail:

I have been having issues posting hence the screenshot.

cc: @nicole, @oluwakemine, @smiley, @ddo, @bosa

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@pearl I am rather late to the party, here goes my long addition.

On the bottles, it was more economically for me to buy sterilizer with bottles. Also the bottles should match the breast pump (not necessarily but helps). Have you thought of what option you will be using? I disliked the smell and drama of water sterilizer so opted for microwave. The pack came with bottles so I only bought bigger bottles which i didn’t use till 4months or so. You may need the bottles early so same with sterilizing. I got engorged by day 3 so had to express into bottles hence the sterilizing process commenced early.

Also on onesies,he started with these little shirts – link below.

http://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-doorbusters-1-bodysuits-1/V_126G777.html?dwvar_V__126G777_color=Color&dwvar_V__126G777_size=12M

My host has 3 kids and she swore they aided the healing of the belly button. I researched and discussed with my doctor. He said there were no concrete findings that affirmed the use of alcohol and co aided the healing so I decided to adopt their method which was to leave the place alone and allow it get air. It dropped by day 3 (advantages of not having mamas around as I bet my mama would not have listened)

I adopted the same approach for circumcision; well the nurse just said put a lot of Vaseline and gave me gauze to place on top before the diaper. I was like ah, they said I needed antibiotic cream or this, so many things my mom said. She looked at me and said try this method, seriously it healed in 3 days. My mama who was screaming eh how this was now surprising and saying oh wow the wahala we did yet the thing won’t heal for days. So I taught her the new school method…  :haha: Even the fact circumcision was done immediately didn’t go down well with the mothers – I said who has the time to come back to the hospital on day 8 or 40 or whatever they say it is. Babies don’t feel so much pain at that stage so why not? His circumcision was done on Wednesday morning; he was born on Monday at 3.52pm.

I had a summer baby so it was quite hot, i guess this helped the choice of clothing.

On clothes, Husby restrained me and boy was I glad? We got 1 pack each of play suit and pjs for each group, the others came from baby showers. Then from 6 months onwards I went overboard, well not quite as i used church – sundays to count how much clothes to buy for each stage.  we wrap them up with blankets so yea they can go out in anything.

These are the few tips that worked for us. As they say, you will find your footing as you go along.

You are the master of research and planning so i know you will be teaching us in no time.

How long is your maternity?

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 656 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.