Support group for women living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

472 replies, 11 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Bos Bos 21 hours, 42 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 470 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Resting @oluwakemine…I am trying my best ooo except for yesterday, it was a drama day for myself and DH with painter. All this artisan ”oni se owo” they are the same all around the world. We where to paint the front of our house yesterday and the guy didn’t remove old paint first, he just came with scaffolds and started painting, the guy vexed that DH was given him wahala of which the contract was scrape, sandpaper and paint twice. Before I could say ”pim, was taking pictures and video” e turn to calling agency and lawyer. It wasn’t even funny. The painter even had the gut to say he is going on vacation for two weeks starting tomorrow which is today, oga was like go and enjoy. You wey go will come back to the mess you left.

It was indeed a drama day.

Profile photo of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

That sounded like one heck of excitement for one day. @pearl.

So, the painter didn’t finish his work but is going for vacation, I hear am B-)

Biko, rest today :sleep:

Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Sure it was @oluwakemine. He didn’t finish o and went for vacation. :-(

I will sure rest today but first market runs… :dohh:

Profile photo of Becca
    Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

😂😂😂😂@your painter @pearl.  Thanks 4 encouraging me. Adupe.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>@oluwakemine, Otherhalf said he filled the form which was why he got the turn down then.</p>
    I dropped a question for The W Initiative team. Hoping to hear from them soon.

All Will Be Well.

Thank you.  You’ve been very helpful.

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@pearl, your painter is a comedian  :haha: . Lazy man that wants to go and holiday! He will go and come back to his work  :haha:

@smiley, provision will surely come, by God’s grace. I’m going to tag you on the W page right away! :hug:

Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

You are most welcome @smiley. :rose:

The painter is indeed a comedian o @nicole and Becca, you can imagine my reaction when he said vacation…I was like :wacko: ofcourse he will come back to his work else he should refund 30% of the funds he collected and we will get another person. :growlmad:

Profile photo of Becca
    Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

@pearl,  It’s very important to get the money back.  People are so unreliable.  Don’t know why he collected the full money if he was not going to finish the work.

Meanwhile, I checked MART this afternoon and got this pricing.  Would have posted it on the pricing link but I can’t find it.

Registration and HSN= 250k

ICSI= 1.5 – 1.7m

Tesa = 250 – 300k.

My reactions were the following  😱😱😵😵😵😞.

The lady wanted to add Donor. Told her to forget it.

Profile photo of Becca
    Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

@pearl, @nicole, @oluwakemine.

Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@smiley, most clinic have their prices ranging from that amount but its good to let you know that most of the money goes with consultations, tests, pills, Injections and services rendered except stated otherwise.

cc: @nicole @oluwakemine

Profile photo of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:-) The lady wanted to add Donor. Told her to forget it. @smiley. Becca, most of the price range are like that really Thank you for this input too. How are you doing today and ladies, I greet. @nicole @pearl

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thanks so much for the info, @smiley hun. The sad thing, like Kemi and Pearl have said, is that’s the new norm now for ART  :nope:   :nope: . I spoke with the W Team, and they said they have responded to you. Have you been engaging with them? I have everything crossed for you hun  :heart:   :heart:

@pearl mama, how are you today? Hope you had a wonderful weekend  :heart:

• This reply was modified 4 days ago by Profile photo of Nicole Nicole.
    Profile photo of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@pearl i didn’t know i was missing out on the juicy updates, congratulations…. :cloud9:

Heartbeat is a big deal, words can’t express it…. :blue:   :pink:   :yellow:

Profile photo of Becca
    Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

Thanks ladies.  @nicole, I am glad I went there and I have a true idea of what these things cost. I was at Fusion Nest in March when they said they wanted to have a Promo for 750k. And if you need extras,  you get to pay 900k. That is for everything…  Tests,  registration and the procedure.  Now,  I know better cos  my spirit man was and is against using the place. When I went through your clinic assessment,  that sealed the deal.  At least,  I know how well to save. Otherhalf contacted The W Initiative  via phone call last week.  So I have an idea of what they want to do.  Haven’t read their msg though. Will do that shortly.  Thanks.

@oluwakemine,  As for the donor thingy,  I am not ruling my otherhalf out at all. Let them keep the idea and prices.

@pearl,  the doc stated what you wrote so I understand.  I had to ask of reducing prices when eggs are frozen. She said they don’t do that there but Bridge does it.  The one that felt funny was when she said to scrape your womb to know if you are okay to carry a child is 100k. In my mind, I had a mental thought of her holding a short knife and scrapping it like you do tripe of a cow. How can that cost 100k for God’s sake??? 😂😂😂😂😂. I always laugh when I think of it.

In all,  I am grateful for life!  Cos when there is life,  there is hope.

Profile photo of Becca
    Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

@nicole,  I didn’t receive any msg or mail from them.  So I guess the phone call Otherhalf made is good enough for us.  Thanks Sis

Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@bosa: Thanks. :heart:

@smiley: Happy to hear your otherhalf placed a call to W initiative. Hoping for some goodnews from them soon.**Fingers crossed.**

As for the scratch, its called Endometrial scratch but based on my personal experience I don’t think its really worth it jare although some got positive result doing it. Its is always done prior to embryo transfer that’s after collection of eggs or ovulation.

Some of this procedures can really sound funny and going through them sometimes make me see it as ”not so hard.” maybe because I had lots of them. :unsure:

My husband once asked the clinic how they count the sperms and how they arrive at figures…He was like ”do you count them like 1,2,3,4…or how.” The doctor laughed and later explained, they make used of a squared board place over the sperm and each square is approximately 2million or 5million counts depending on the lab technician PLUS solution used in washing sperm and concentrations are taking into consideration.

Donor: Good to know you are opened to so many options. :rose:

And you are right, ”where there is life there is hope”…This kept me sane through my journey.

cc: @oluwakemine @nicole

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 470 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.