Support group for women living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

472 replies, 11 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Bos Bos 21 hours, 45 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 470 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:cloud9: : :cloud9: @pearl. This is a living testimony.

Fingers crossed for awesome news come next week.

:good:at that Ogbono and okra.

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Awwwwwwwwwwwww  :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:

@pearl, where can I send this BIG, FAT HUG to  :heart:   :heart:   :heart:   :hugs:   :hugs:   :hugs:

This has gladdened my heart no end! Please feed our baby fat on the best ogbono and okra oooo  :heart:   :heart:   :heart: . Our beloved 2017 baby!  :heart:   :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Thanks @nicole and @oluwakemine. :rose:   :hug:

Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

The PCOS Summit 2017, Day 10.

Interview 1.

Interview 2.

Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

The PCOS Summit 2017, Day 11.

Interview 1.

Interview 2.

Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

The Finale…

The PCOS Summit 2017, Day 12.

Interview 1.

Interview 2.

Profile photo of Becca
    Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

I totally had my heart in my mouth. It was scary and I didn’t know when I started praying for a miracle. You are one hell of a positive and strong woman @pearl. I am happy for you and I believe this miracle will stay forever! Thank you for encouraging me to read this. It’s funny that the Docs said I have PCOS. They recommended Metformine. But I have never had an irregular period before. And I always see the stretchy Egg white during ovulation. Lots of bloating and cravings. Hormonal imbalance too. One Hormone… It starts with P. The latest now is when I try to keep myself from eating, I have these terrible headaches that won’t go unless I pop food into my mouth. May the Good Lord have mercy on me!

Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Thanks for the good wishes and thanks for reading @smiley. :rose:

Moving forward, how did your doctor come to the conclusion you are having PCOS, what symptoms gave him that idea, did he run any test (blood test, scan, biopsy, surgery, etc), why did he recommend Metformin (are you in anyway diabetic, what is the metformin suppose to do?)

Happy to know you have a regular period and also aware of when you are ovulating, this is a sign that you understand your body and how it works…**cheers to that :drunk: **

Hormonal imbalance, fortunately there are lots of hormones starting with P so I can not guess about which of the P’s. :nope:

As for the bloating and craving; it happens to virtually everyone but will advice you to watch your diet, eat well and at the right time.

Why are you keeping away from food? :unsure:

Please, do not in anyway starve yourself because starvation leads to headaches and more serious issues hence when you eat you feel better. Your body needs food for energy & to function well and if you deprive your body from food that means no energy and the body becomes :growlmad:   :sick:

Sending you way lots of sticky baby dust, how long have you been ttc?

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Becca @smiley hun, yes @pearl is ONE HECK OF A TTC WARRIOR!!! I doff several hats to her! She’s also someone very dear to my own heart, and I’m so grateful to her for all she does here  :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

Love you Pearlie. You’re in great hands, Becca  :heart:

Profile photo of Becca
    Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

@nicole,  thank you. I feel so encouraged and at the same time,  I want to just weep.  It helps me understand what people face. I just wish people won’t be so insensitive to what we go through.

@pearl, it’s called Hyperprolactinamia. On a scale of 1-18, my level was 40. This was in 2015. I had taken meds but I never repeated the test to know if it had dropped.  No operation, or biopsy. Just the Hormonal Profile.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I don’t usually see any need to eat if I don’t feel hungry.  So I rather take water and give me bladder work to do. Sometimes,  I won’t even feel hungry but the headaches will come. It’s when I now pop food, not snack into my system that the headache will go.</p>
    Metformine is meant to help me lose weight. I don’t have diabetes at all.  It just messes up the good food I eat and make me stool like crazy. Docs (there were 2 of them said my weight was much so I should use the med too)  I must confess that my weight climbed up the moment I started worrying about losing it.  I kept off food and then I ate times 2 or 3 when I got hungry.

Thanks for the baby dust.  I really need it.

Otherhalf’s diagnosis was Severe hypospermatogen<wbr />esis secondary maturation attack.

Urologist just told us to go for the ICSI asap. We are still saving towards this process.  I don’t know how soon the Ibidunni Ighodalo Foundation will get back to us. Apparently,  Otherhalf had filled the form @oluwakemine, so I didn’t bother filling anymore.

I part of me wishes there was enough so we would just go for the process asap. Nevertheless,  I am grateful because provision is on its way.

Thank you @pearl

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

I love your faith Becca @smiley. Indeed, provision is on the way. Asides the Ibidun foundation, you can also try Beibei Haven Foundation or talk to The W initiative team in their group.

It’s obvious, this hasn’t been a walk in the park Becca. :hugs: Why don’t you take the test again, just to know your level ? And I’m sure @pearl can suggest some other tests, you should talk over with your doctor(s).

Thanks Pearl, for being such an inspiration and a supportive arm. :heart:

Profile photo of Becca
    Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

@oluwakemine, thanks for the encouragement. This platform is a life saver.  I am happy to know people have walked this path before and I am not alone.  We sent a mail to Beibei Haven Foundation early this year but got a “We are not open to requests for now” sort of answer. So I mentally disconnected.

When you write of The W Initiative Team, do you mean their group on this platform or to send them a msg?  I don’t know how that works. Plus,  since it is ICSI, do you think they would attend to me?

As for those tests, I really don’t know what to think anymore. How many do I work on before hand knowing fully well there is a larger challenge to deal with?

I tell you that reading Pearl’s story made me reevaluate my life and it was probably tiredness that made me not cry myself to sleep.  Prolactine is the hormone that makes one release milk ba?  I have not seen one drop before and since the diagnosis came. So I can’t say just how it manifests in my body.

Do you happen to know anyone who benefited from the IIF, how long it took for them to call them in and duration of the process?

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Please Becca @smiley, re-engage Beibei Haven, they just might be open now and I will ask someone from the foundation too, about when they open their stuff.

Here’s the link to the “W” group; http://thefertilechickonline.com/groups/ask-the-w-team/. It’s on our website, you can join and talk to them there.

Since, you are not producing any milk, then the symptoms may be something else entirely or you need to get a second opinion.

Don’t cry babe, Pearl’s journey should motivate you to keep going. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Honestly, I have yet to meet anyone personally, who has gone through the IIF grant process. Let’s just remain hopeful.

Pearl @pearl, I hope you’re resting oh.

Profile photo of Becca
    Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

Alright then.  Will do just that now. Thanks again @oluwakemine.

Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@nicole: Awww…You got me teary. I should thank you more for making available this platform where women/men of like minds can interact.

@smiley: Glad to know you and DH are seeing a Urologist. As for they Hyperprolactinemia, I think you are doing just fine based on the fact that your have a regular cycle and you know when you are ovulating. This shows you’ve got it under control.
    Guess the doctor who prescribed Metformin think you might be resistant to insulin which I know thats why doctors recommend Metformin for PCOS and Non-PCOS patients.
    However, if you think you are over weight or obese then issusing metformin is justified but please EAT. :munch:   :munch:
    ICSI is quite similar to IVF except that in ICSI a good sperm is injected directly into the egg while sperm is poured over egg in that of IVF.
    Things will work out in your favour dear all you need to do is do your part and leave the rest to God.
    @oluwakemine: My pleasure.
    Thanks for those links and information.

I do not know of anyone who have benefited from those foundations as well.
    Do not fear Becca, ICSI/IMSI is similar to IVF…The name(ICSI/IMSI) only indicates the way sperm are selected and introduced to the egg.

Our hearts are with you and I pray you will smile before this year runs outs; we will always remember you in our prayers. :friends:

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 470 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.