Support group for women living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

823 replies, 13 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 7 hours, 21 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 821 total)
  • Author

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@oluwakemine: I was shocked as well that the new clinic could say that, in my mind I was like shebi we are the one going to pay but the Lady said its not about the money rather its about medical ethics and patients health. My husband self vex telling them we have gone through more than dozen of fertility treatments and nothing to show for it that they should accept us ”edakun”. :haha:   :cry: Them no gree o…They said they are aware and that even if I go to another country that its the same procedure that I am currently on that they will place me on, so its better I just hope for the best in the next cycle. :-(

Based on that report, I have intensify my weightloss regimen (drinking water like water will soon finish on planet earth) :haha: I have ditched the car and started walking. :yes: Let see how this will go… ;-)

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@oluwakemine: That true (April23-29), It didnt even occur to me that next week is global fertility awareness week, I guess that justifies the summit I am seeing upandan. :dohh:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

RECAP!

The global fertility summit is on going and here is a link for those interested. Enjoy!

Day 1.

Day 2.

I think I am enjoying this summit… :yes:   :mail:

**I will be posting other days as soon as I get access to them. Note, you have just 72hours to watch before it goes off else you will be paying after 72hours of free availability elapse.**

cc: @oluwakemine @nicole

Please tag others.Thanks. :friends:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

If you are interested in the ongoing, Global fertility summit, the link is above. (Thank you @pearl).

cc: cc @marikas-mum,@ruqayyaimam@oluwasehun@bola@ddo@adoma@oluwateetee@omotayo@adoma,@femaleigboarchitect,@sisiseyi,@pearl@nicole@elsiano @machylicious@emaimo @beebee @olubusola @bookie @oregold @pcosinlusaka @eby @mimi1 @lolamde

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

The global fertility summit Day 3.

cc: @oluwakemine @nicole @marikas-mum @ruqayyaimam @oluwasehun @bola @ddo @adoma @oluwateetee @omotayo @adoma @femaleigboarchitect @sisiseyi @elsiano @machylicious @emaimo @beebee @olubusola @bookie @oregold @pcosinlusaka @eby @mimi1 @lolamde @bosa

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

The global fertility summit

Day 4

Day 5

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Day 6

Day 7

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Day 8

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Day 9

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

This is the article in the link I posted this morning that has refused to open…**I copied it and am pasting here.** No worries about infringement. :rose:   :heart:  

@oluwakemine

Maternal age and obesity are being identified as key factors in recurring pregnancy loss
    MATERNAL age and obesity are being identified as key factors in recurring pregnancy loss, an Adelaide seminar will be told on Wednesday night.

And women who suffer miscarriages should talk about their experiences so they can preserve their relationships and avoid shouldering the blame.

Obstetricians and fertility experts at Fertility SA, Dr Dee McCormack and Associate Professor Louise Hull, recently returned from the Second World Congress on Recurrent Pregnancy Loss in France and will present their findings to the public on Wednesday night.

Dr McCormack said it was generally agreed that, when a woman had three miscarriages, it was diagnosed as recurrent pregnancy loss and that current global research to prevent it was focusing on lifestyle factors.

“Maternal age is a huge issue,” she said.

“From the age of 35, fertility goes down and the rate of spontaneous miscarriage goes up.”

She said too often celebrities who publicised having their babies in their late-40s and into their 50s – as singer Janet Jackson did when she gave birth in January at the age of 50 – fuelled a belief that women could get pregnant at any age.

She said many celebrities were “incredible liars” because they did not admit to using donated ovum or embryos.
    “That gives people ideas they can keep getting pregnant at 50 … but truth is that the risk of miscarriage by the age of 45 is in the region of 90 per cent; not even IVF can change that.”

Dr McCormack said in her clinic, almost half of the women suffering recurring miscarriages had some form of insulin dysfunction.

“There is no question that obesity contributes, not exercising, poor diet … but we need to be doing proper research.”

Dr Hull said the World Congress was the second ever held, which showed there was now a large network of people across the globe dedicated to furthering research.

“It was really great to see that people are rising to the challenge around the world and hopefully that even just focusing on that area will give us better information, better care, better tests and better management,” she said.

Dr McCormack said it was important that people spoke about their miscarriages.

“About 50 per cent (of miscarriages) are genetic, which nobody can do anything about but, because people don’t talk about it, it becomes taboo and people think they’re the only one and it’s extremely traumatic.”

She said miscarriages were in fact very common – with an estimated 60 per cent of all conceptions ending in miscarriage – but they could be destructive to the couples and individuals who had them.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Watching ”Person of Interest” while 2ww passes… :icecream:   :munch:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Day 10

Day 11

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Thank you @pearl for this article. It’s quite interesting bit of news.

Sending you loads of  :dust:   :dust: this 2WW and happy watching?

What’s the Person of Interest about? A crime series?

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Thanks @oluwakemine.

Person of Interest is a season movie about crimes; solving crimes and helping people who are possibly going to be affected by those crimes…and one thing I love about this particular one is different cases and how they are been tackled. I must confess I am enjoying it. :munch: :brat:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Sweet then, as long as you are enjoying it and it keeps you occupied @pearl. It sure sounds interesting though

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 821 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.