A group to discuss Parenting and Child Care

Parenting Support Thread

186 replies, 10 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Bos Bos 1 day, 22 hours ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Good morning ladies!

I think it’s high time we had a specific discussion thread, no?

How are our beautiful bundles of joy  :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:

@annie, how are you hun? I hope you’ve fully settled into life at work now. How is our gorgeous baby? Hugs and kisses to her  :heart:   :heart:

@dew, how is our Princess? Thank God for today’s rain…at least it cooled the place small! Are you back at work?

@mrs-al, how you dey mama? How is baby JOA? Kisses to the gorgeous munchkin  :heart:   :kiss:

@adaoraa, the latest mama in town! How is our young man? How are you finding everything so far…breastfeeding, sleepless nights, the works? E no easy ohhhh! But the love makes everything worth it  :cloud9:   :cloud9:

@ldike, the next mama on the line! We’re praying with you hunnie  :heart:

cc: @oluwakemine

Profile gravatar of Ann
    Ann
    Participant
    @Annie

Hi Nicole, Hello all, I am doing alright, i have settled fully at work, it has not been easy too, i worry when babe isn’t eating well, dunno if she is teething now, chews at any and everything which is a sign of teething i think…i am yet to find out what she likes eating, she hates hates hates formulas lol..i have tried SMA..mba, Nan..mba,..Aptamil..she takes, now cow and gate stage..then frisogold..i should take this to the parenting group..i need help with solids, she likes pap but laziness no dey let me prepare that one biko…I STILL DO NOT SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT..lol

Profile gravatar of Ann
    Ann
    Participant
    @Annie

it is so sad she is a spitting image of her dad, looks nothing like me, hehehehhehehehehehehe, after 38weeks stress oo, episiotomy..chai…

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Awwwww, she is SO BEAUTIFUL, @annie!!!  :heart:   :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

And I feel you with the annoyance of when these babies just come and carry their father’s faces ho ha! But no shaking, she’s a gorgeous girl  :cloud9:

My dear, you gatsta make that pap oh! These kids and their picky behaviour sha. You won’t believe I’m still struggling with one of my twins, at almost 5 years old oh! Na so so Cerelac and Indomie and bread…chicken sometimes. Apart from that, it’s been war!

Try introducing solids little by little…maybe when you’re eating, a taste here and a taste there. That way, it opens up their palettes to new things :yes:

Profile gravatar of Ann
    Ann
    Participant
    @Annie

Okay oo, i will try do something about the pap after the Easter celebration…..make the babe pity me and accept other things, i am already introducing her to solids..fruits, then will try mashed potatoes, even well cooked rice too..will make hers veryyy soft, she needs to like food like me lol..if she takes after her dad on that na she sabi oo, the guy eats to live according to him, but has serious sweet tooth!

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Chai, @annie, you want to make me give birth again oh! Such ADORABLE PICTURES  :heart:   :heart:   :heart:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:

Yes dear, use the Easter break to try with her new things. With some luck, she will take her eating habits from you, since her Dad already won in the resemblance department  ;-)

Profile gravatar of linda
    linda
    Participant
    @ldike

@annie shes so adorable. Chai !

Hopefully she will soon start getting used to the foods you are gradually introducing her to, Have you tried making pap in large batches ? Not like I know anything about pap making oo. Seriously praying my baby eats anything like me. Dad too is a very picky eater

Profile gravatar of Ann
    Ann
    Participant
    @Annie

Thanks all, @nicole, the girls can now help you take care of baby, you can try one for the road! Linda, Thanks plenty! i plan to start making pap in large quantity after the Easter break. ..

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@annie, real one for the road :haha:. I don hear :haha: :haha:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thank You, LORD, for the sacrifice of Your life. We are not worthy, but we offer You all the praise! Thank You!

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thank You, LORD, for the sacrifice of Your life. We are not worthy, but we offer You all the praise! Thank You!

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Good morning, dear Mamas!

I hope you all had a great Easter! How was the first Easter as a Mommy? I’m sure you were all like “which public holiday?!”. Because with these beautiful blessings from God, no more holiday oh. LOL!

@annie, were you able to try the pap thing this weekend? Did she accept it? Meanwhile, I :haha: so hard at your comment of dollar breaking our hearts! Over breaking oh, Ann! I haven’t had the liver to order this whole year, but I have to do so this week, as our supplies don dey deplete, and my girls have decided to show me that their feet can grow! Imagine me that bought 2 shoe sizes of school shoes at the beginning of the session. They wore the first one for 1st term. By 2nd term, it was tight, and we had to switch to shoe 2. Can you imagine these kids have outgrown the 2nd one? I taya! Thank God for Mall For Africa. As for the diapers, I haven’t heard about Molpix oh. You say it’s good? I hope so oh, at least, let’s have good alternatives  :good:

@dew hun, hope our suggestions were useful. It’s not easy, but God is our strength. How are you coping now hun? Have you started looking for someone to assist you at work?

@adaoraa mama, how are you hun? Our is our gorgeous baby? Your birth story was too beautiful! I’m so in awe of you  :cloud9:. How have you been settling into your new role? Thank God for our mothers oh :heart:

@ldike, soon and very soon :yahoo: :yahoo: . We are praying with you hun! :hugs:

@mrs-al, long time no hear. Hope you and baby JOA are doing great hun :hugs:

Welcome to our group, @duchess :friends:. You’re trying to prepare for when Baby Duchess arrives, abi? :cloud9:

@oluwakemine, how your side? You enjoyed a love-in-Tokyo holiday, so I dey beef you B-)

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha: na love in Tokyo holiday. No beef me o @nicole. Its been a while, since, we had the house to just ourselves.

True true, Baby @annie makes it harder to quell this baby craving o. She is so adorable.

Linda @ldike, baby is almost here o. And our new mama @adaoraa, how are you doing with that too-cute baby boy? Mama planner!!  :haha:

Duchess @duchess, welcome to our group, how are you and your precious passenger doing? :heart:   :heart:

Love to @mrs-al, @dew and babies of course. :heart:   :heart:

Profile gravatar of Ann
    Ann
    Participant
    @Annie

Hello Nicole, hi all… i was unable to try the pap last weekend because we had to travel out of Lagos, didn’t want to start carrying too many things, but i tried the pap last night and it worked. Looks like babe will love to eat everything we eat, i mashed little rice and fed her and she started screaming, didn’t know if it was out of excitement..lol..all i knew was that she kept opening her mouth for more…

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@annie, awww how lucky you are! I’m so glad that it looks like the pap will work after all. Having a fussy eater baby no easy at all! Hugs to you hun :hugs:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 187 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.