Even though there are no guarantees when it comes to IVF, here are some tips to help improve the chances of your cycle:
- A good round of detox prior to the start of your cycle will help your chances, as your body will be cleansed of the nasty stuff that could impede your chances. A good analogy is a water bottle. If you find a good source of pure, clean water, it’s a good idea to wash the bottle properly before putting the pure water in.
It is imperative to start a healthy diet regime at least 3 months before your cycle. This is necessary not only to ensure your body is in good condition for the journey ahead, but also to help improve egg and sperm quality.
- In addition to a good diet, you should supplement this with the necessary vitamins, such as omega-3, folic acid, and other essential vitamins
This helps to ensure your body is in prime condition, and also to get your BMI to an appropriate number. The endorphins you release will also help with stress management. HOWEVER, it is imperative to ensure that you don’t go too aggressive with your exercise, especially when you have started the cycle.
5. Eliminate smoking & alcohol
- This totally goes without saying. These 2 are vices even when you are not trying to conceive. When you are on an IVF cycle, they are the last things you need! They both adversely affect womb lining and sperm quality.
Yep….very important. Sex is important to help reduce stress levels, and also to keep you and your partner bonded…both of which are very important to this process.
- This will help you and your partner feel bonded in the process, especially the men as they are mere observers for the better part of an IVF cycle.
Do you have other tips to share?