Riding the IVF roller coaster together!

July – December 2017 Cycle Buddies

507 replies, 24 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 1 day, 4 hours ago
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 508 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Nicole @nicole

fruityfruity
    Participant
    @fruityfruity

But why is fet expensive too?

Nene
    Participant
    @neni

Awwww congrats @fertilelola💃💃💃❤️😘

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

FET is expensive but when compared to a fresh cycle, it’s a lot cheaper. There are no stimms involved, just prep the womb for transfer, transfer and keep fingers crossed for good news. How are you doing mama @fruityfruity

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@fruityfruity: FET is expensive because of processes it entails before the final transfer which are preservation, cost of monitoring, embryology fees, embryo thaw, transfer. And as @oluwakemine said Fresh cycle is even more expensive than frozen due to cost of medicines for stimulation, monitoring, harvesting and testing.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Pearl @pearl, thanks for the clarification. See our Lola @fertilelola got a  :bfp:   :bfp:   and didn’t say all these days.

Who else is up for watching The Wedding Party 2 with us oh?

Fruity @fruityfruity and @fertilelola, are you ladies up for it?

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

I will be watching with y’all in spirit as I have no idea what our boss  :baby: is up to @oluwakemine. ;-) Wishing everyone going a pleasant experience. :munch:   :icecream:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@fertilelola :bfp:   :cloud9:   :blue:   :pink:   :yellow: Congratulations dear…. :wohoo:

@neni Congratulations…. :cloud9:   :bfp:   :blue:   :pink:   :yellow:   :yahoo:

@elle Good luck on FET….please research the foods and exercises.

YESSSSSSSS The Wedding Party 2 loading…..I am GAME!!!!! :wohoo:

@dawnm, @neni @nina @mummyt @aadetoyin @ldike @adaoraa @pearl @amarapearl @falil @fruityfruity @elle @bibi @oluwakemine @nicole

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

YES!!!, The party has starting oh ladies. Bos @bosa is in.  Who else is game?

Pearl @pearl, honestly, our boss is the real determinant. We will just excuse you already.

Elle
    Participant
    @elle

Thanks ladies…@Nicole @bosa @oluwakemine. Please any tips on the diet and exercises.

I am game for the movie ooo… :yahoo:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:yahoo: Really looking forward to seeing you Elle @elle at the movies.

Meanwhile, you can try moderate exercise and I will send you some links on how to prepare for FET.

cc: @nicole

Elle
    Participant
    @elle

It shouldn’t be that high though. We paid #250k for the freezing and they are charging #605k for the fet transfer. This is excluding drugs. They say it’s cos they do some assisted hatching procedure before the transfer.

Will be expecting the links @oluwakemine. Thank you.

Cc @fruityfruity @pearl @nicole

Elle
    Participant
    @elle

On a lighter note, I am sure working in apapa counts as moderate exercise…lol. will try over the weekends sha. @oluwakemine @bosa @Nicole

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha:   :haha:   Elle @elle, sure thing, going to and fro Apapa is more than moderate exercise oh.

That FET rate is roughly half  of what your paid for a fresh IVF cycle right? It’s still steep but they will always find a reason to justify the rates. So, how much is the drugs this time?

Anyways, here’s one link, http://thefertilechickonline.com/5-steps-to-prepare-for-a-frozen-embryo-transfer/?no_frame=1

Elle
    Participant
    @elle

How was your day? and thanks for the link @oluwakemine

T<span style=”text-align: center;”>he drugs cost about 106k…yes ooo @justifying the price. I even asked for discount sef :nope: ….no gree </span>

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 508 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.