Riding the IVF roller coaster together!

January – March 2017 Cycle Buddies

151 replies, 15 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Bos Bos 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bibi, Mbanefo Clinic sha. Where on earth is that one? Clinics popping up everyday! If only we could verify how legit they are before giving them the license to open shop and operate :nope: :nope:

As for asking the hospital about getting the drugs elsewhere, I intend to this week…but something tells me it won’t fly. I’ll still try my luck. Fingers crossed :good: :good:

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Mbane what???? Heaven help us. I wonder why it’s just so easy to open a clinic and say you are offering IVF? I don’t understand oh.

The worst they can say is No, @nicole but 1m for drugs sha.  :wacko:

Profile gravatar of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

I wrote a long post about all your concerns unfortunately I dont know what happened… :growlmad:   :-(   :cry:

will try again… :mail:

The rise in fertility clinics has to do with trends…**my opinon.**

I love trends and I love to follow it through to know why its trending, who benefits, its advantages/disadvantages, effects, why the sudden shift/drift, etc

The trend and awareness for infertility most expecially trying to concieve, pcos, fibroid, endometriosis looks like a good title for a bad scripted movie.

@oluwakemine and @nicole will agree with me that in the past 2years the rate at which we have subordinates/counterparts as opposed to Fertility doctors or Medical doctors is alarming ranging from fitness gurus to certified nutritionist, NGOs Naturopathy, NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programme) Practitioners aka strechers club, wellness coaches, etc with all coming up with different claims.

I am not in anyway surprised @bibi rather I blame people who are too weak to ask questions and are ready to follow what ever they hear, read or see. Google and Social media is also culpable, from facebook pages to groups and instagram… :dohh:

We are in the era where women use eachother as yardstick to thier health without seeing a medical practitioner nor look beyond the physical; that is why you will see slim coffee sell, bottled smoothie is now on the trend list, I hear some are now going vegan or are vegan…Please, contact me as soon as you know any vegan person so we can go parties and functions together. That goat meat must not waste o. :haha:

@oluwakemine: It is very easy to open a clinic and offert fertility treatment so far there are patients and players(owners) are willing to concort stories.

NOTE: All those are loopholes in our system that people are explioting.

Tip: The next trend will be that of Mental Health which is already gaining momentum. Dont be surprise when people start diagnosing themselves/eachother with depression and been sucidal. :-(

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Unfortunately Pearl @pearl, you’re on point. Medical practitioners and everyone else is just out for their what they can get, even when it is at the expense of another, TTC women in this instance.

As for ladies diagnosing themselves based on the symptoms of another, it is something that needs to stop. Sharing is okay but it is supposed to enrich the patient-doctor interaction,when it happens, not take the doctor out of the equation completely. I really don’t know how else to say this.

I was listening to the TV today and that mental health thingy is the latest fever in town, courtesy of doctor, who committed suicide. They read load of tweets, most of them filled with self diagnosis and asking for help. All well and good, but it is not every depressed person, who is suicidal. They difference is what we need to know.

But I do like the awareness on the issue of  mental health. It is another one of the taboo topics in our society.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

You got me @oluwakemine, I love awareness that has to do with HEALTH most especially in Nigeria.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

The look of a pen applicator…This is one of my pens for IVF/ICSI/IMSI…**started injection today with 100IE** :wohoo:

@nicole, @oluwakemine, @bibi, @bosa.

Please,tag names not included.Thanks in advance. :rose:   :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing, @pearl hun  :hugs:   :hugs:   :hugs:

And good luck with this round of shots hun. You know you have a whole army of women praying along with you  :cloud9:   :hug:   :dust:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@pearl and @oluwakemine, you hit the nail on the head! We live in a capitalist, opportunistic society…and unfortunately we, the consumers, only feed into the frenzy. If we, as patients, don’t insist on standards and boycott hospitals that don’t meet up, there wouldn’t be a market for them. And I 100% agree with you. Now, the in thing is mental health, and every man and his dog will soon feel qualified to make recommendations. It’s sad  :nope:   :nope:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Go Pearl @pearl. Rooting for you :dust:   :dust:   :dust:

Profile gravatar of sayo
    sayo
    Participant
    @Aseyori

@nicole and @oluwakemine thanks for the wonderful job you are doing on this forum. Had my egg retrieval today. Please do you know of any good accupuncturist especially on the mainland. I will like to give it a trial.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Wow  Sayo @aseyori, that’s great. Hope you are staying hydrated and resting too.

I can’t claim to know them but while I was searching a while back, one Vine Health place on Bode Thomas in Surulere kept popping up. You might want to check them out and see how it goes.

Profile gravatar of sayo
    sayo
    Participant
    @Aseyori

Thanks @oluwakemine. I’m trying to stay hydrated, feeling super bloated. I’ll check the vine at bode thomas. Heard accupuncture aids implantation.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

So, I heard or read about too Sayo @aseyori. When is your transfer?

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@aseyori hun, so good to hear from you :hugs:. Huge congrats on your egg retrieval. How many did they get? Please, please, please stay hydrated hun. We’re praying with you.

In addition to Vine Health, there is a Korean medical facility on Ogunlana Drive (also in Surulere), just by the turning into Olufemi. My Aunt has used them and I hear they are good  :yes:   :good:

What’s your impression of MART so far?

Profile gravatar of sayo
    sayo
    Participant
    @Aseyori

@nicole thanks a lot. We retrieved 23 eggs, going for day 5 transfer. So far i’ve not had any awkward moment in MART, I pray I get my miracle babies from there. I actually met Dr.Ashiru and told him that the clinic has a bad review, made him realise he needs to be more available and show more empathy towards his patients because truth be told, I wouldn’t have used there if not for mý husband. He believes it’s more about God than the doctor because of my failed cycle with Olive branch. I’m hoping for the best. Please Nicole is it possible for you to help me get the name of the Korean facility.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.