Riding the IVF roller coaster together!

January – March 2017 Cycle Buddies

151 replies, 15 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Bos Bos 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Jesusbaby
    Jesusbaby
    Participant
    @Jesusbaby

@oluwakemine, Happy February dear B-) being very busy lately that I hardly even check my updates. Keto is going on with little cheating here & there   B-) (abeg e no easy) I’m cycling this feb, but like you advised I’m trying to get to the root of what’s been causing my miscarriages, results so far has been awesome still expecting the tyroid test which will be out by next week. Pls keep me in your prayers for  :bfp:,  Have a lovely weekend

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Jesusbaby @jesusbaby, glad to hear from you. Fingers crossed for favourable results and successful cycle. Keto is yummy oh but I can understand the cheat days. :good:   :good:  Let’s know your specific date, so we can count down with you.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Jesusbaby @jesusbaby, glad to hear from you. Fingers crossed for favourable results and successful cycle. Keto is yummy oh but I can understand the cheat days. :good:   :good:  Let’s know your specific date, so we can count down with you.

Profile gravatar of Bibi
    Bibi
    Participant
    @Bibi

Good morning lovely ladies, how have you been?

So Last Friday I went to see my doctor to get a quotation for my transfer. Below are the prices HSN 100k, rescreening 75k, embryo transfer 350k, embryo storage 250k x 2years (my last failed cycle was in October, I don’t understand why am being charged for two years.) So total price for transfer is N1,025,000. Though I have a problem with the pricing, the shocking news is that they can only transfer 2 embryos out of the 4 I have left. :nope: :nope:
    She said the new standard now is to transfer 2, but I have heard people transferring 5. Please i need your opinion on this. @nicole, @bosa, @jango,@oluwakemine,@mrstaipan, @osato, @misi, @reggy,@uloma

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hi Bibi @bibi,

Somehow, I think, this clinic is full  of it. First  of all, that storage fee is suspect, when did it get to two years? And are you sure, they wouldn’t have charged it before when you originally cycled. These clinics don’t play with their fees oh. As for the embies they can transfer, two is just too small, they has to be  someone, who can convince them to go higher. Two is just too small, especially with the grade of embies at stake.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

And dearie @bibi, please try to calm down. :heart:   :hugs:  I pray for the peace of God for you.

Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

I don’t understand why Nigerian clinics have now joined the bandwagon of a maximum single or double embryo transfer. When it’s not like it’s 100% guarantee that the embies will all implant. People should have the option of signing a waiver at least! And as for charging you 24 months payment for only 14 months storage, that’s all shades of wrong! It should be pro rated, at the very least! And why they want to ‘screen’ you all over again just beats me! You’ll be paying almost as much for an FET as you would a fresh cycle  :growlmad:   :growlmad:   :growlmad:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bibi

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@bibi sending you lots of hugs…. :hugs:

Embryo transfer is 150k max 200k which one is 350k? I agree with @oluwakemine they are quite full of themselves but that’s where your embies are for now so we have to work with them.

For starters, let’s negotiate the storage to 1 year then plead for thawing of all 4 embies. They know some could be lost during thawing so what’s the plan if that occurs?

I agree some hospitals have their policies but then again, its our body and our money so we have to push for better service. I shall pray for favour for you, May the Lord have mercy and make this transfer a success.

:dust: :dust:

Profile gravatar of Bibi
    Bibi
    Participant
    @Bibi

Babes, I am seriously regretting that i went back there. i feel stifled, I have been thinking about it all weekend and today, its really affecting my productivity at work. I’ll see them again next week and if we cant agree on 800k for the bills  and transfer of all 4 embies, then i will pay their freezing fee (prorated) and take a walk. I think that’s fair enough.

@nicole, I know how you feel about discarding embies, i dont think i have a choice.

so @nicole, @bosa, and @oluwakemine please start hospital shopping for me, cos i dont have any positive vibe for this clinic anymore. Please dont forget to offer prayers on my behalf

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile gravatar of Bibi Bibi.
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bibi, it’s really very annoying indeed! I hate it when these hospitals want to take advantage of us  :nope:   :growlmad:   :growlmad:

As far as hospitals go, given your history, I would recommend The ARK first and foremost  :yes:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

But the embies… you will never know what happened to them. But that amount is way too much. I pray for wisdom for you @bibi, that you do the mind of God in this situation and not go with your emotions only.

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@bibi i completely agree with you. If they don’t listen but don’t bother tying down money for the storage. If it ends at that, add that storage amount to a fresh cycle as @nicole suggested at THE ARK. The embies would be used in future, you could have them for baby number 2,3,4 or 5 :haha:

I pray God’s favour and mercy will be upon you…….In other news, i have ordered our tea, waiting for them patiently, used a slow shipper not my regular (to save cost) so i pray they arrive in time for you to begin. :hugs:

May the Lord surprise you……. :dust:

Profile gravatar of Bibi
    Bibi
    Participant
    @Bibi

Thanks dearies for standing by me on this :hugs:   :hugs:   :hugs:   Will update you guys when i see them next week.. @bos, : :-)   yeah our tea. The ones i ordered in Dec got here 19th of last month. so thankfully, I still have.

@nicole, @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Alright. However, it goes, everything is working for your good @bibi :hugs:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.