Riding the IVF roller coaster together!

Clinic Review

95 replies, 12 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Ladies, as @mrsd suggested, a thread where we can share experiences about the hospitals we have used, so as to guide other people with their own decision making.

You all know about my experience with the 2 clinics I’ve used. Please share yours  :heart:

Profile gravatar of MrsD
    MrsD
    Participant
    @MrsD

My failed Cycle was with St Ives Ikoyi. It was a promo fee cycle that cost N670k. To the best of my knowledge their service was good, I had 4 embryos transferred but my babies were not ready to come to this world yet. I believe in God’s timing because I did all I could to have a successful cycle i.e I lost 3kg, was eating right and exercising 5 times a week (before the cycle o), took 4 days off work after transfer. After cycle counselling? none so far, got a call from a nurse to break the sad news and that was it. I intend to cycle again in August with Olive Branch. Any Reviews on Olive Branch (Dr Emeka)?????

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

I’ve heard good things about Dr. Emeka…but it’s always been indirect information (a friend’s friend or relative). How much is their cycle?

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

As for me, a lot of you already know…but for my first cycle, I used Nordica Ikoyi…and I had a horrible experience. Very detached, no personal touch whatsoever, no post treatment counselling. It was like as soon as they got my money, that was it. I felt literally used and dumped :negative: :negative:. You can read all about it in my Failed Cycle Journal.

For my 2nd cycle, I used Georges Memorial Hospital. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about Dr. Faye Iketubosin. The difference in my cycles was like night and day. The personal touch was phenomenal, and it was just a better experience overall. And it was cheaper than Nordica too. You can see how it unfolded in my Successful Cycle Journal.

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

I used Dr Emeka for my 1st cycle but had planned to try Dr. Faye for the 2nd cycle. As husby put it, why attempt twice with the same doctor. Olive branch prices range from 980k-1.08k

For my own experience, he was nice, easily approachable, Knowledgeable and i like his personal touch. After he moved to his own clinic, I noticed he was a tad impatient maybe because the waiting room was always full but i always ensured i was done before i left.

The friends i have referred haven’t had the same type of service i enjoyed while he was still using George’s. Maybe the hard work in managing the new clinic is taking a toll on him but i have almost been insulted for referring him or defending him. Some are docile, sensitive so wont hold their grounds like i would so i would say he needs to be told. As one put it this is sensitive already so he should stop acting like a GP.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bosa, God bless you for sharing this!!!! It will really help a lot of people.

I have had the very same experience with Dr. Faye of Georges. He was EVERYTHING when I was cycling, and I haven’t hesitated to refer to him to people. But for some reason, he hasn’t been as approachable or available as he was in my time, and most people keep giving me negative feedback. It’s really frustrating.

But in general, I’ve heard good things about Olive Branch, and I’ll be sure to check the place out soon  :good:

Profile gravatar of MrsD
    MrsD
    Participant
    @MrsD

For me, Dr Emeka is all I could ask for in a DR. He was ever patient and carried us along on every single stage. Very polite staff too. Yes my cycle ddint scale through but I think I am done jumping from one hospital to another so I would stick with him and put all my trust in God.

Georges was an horrible experience for me, I did just consultation with some Dr Ugueke that talks through his nose and barely audible. I left Georges for St Ives where I had my 1st failed cycle.

I believe I would be 3rd time lucky @bosa @nicole

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thanks so much for this, @mrsd:good: :good:

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@mrsd im so sorry about this.   :hug:

Glad to know you are already forging ahead. And yes, you will be 3rd time lucky in Jesus name and we’ll come dancing for dedication. I’m glad you had a great experience, like i did also but my friends haven’t. I think i enjoyed him best at st. georges, although he was so bothered about telling me the outcome of scans asking me why i was alone. I told him i handle things better when i am alone instead of being there with husby that i would just break down. Then he proceeded to inform me scans weren’t good, still amazed at how i moved on swiftly to other options.

The nurses were great – Rachael was quite forgetful when she was to send me an email with the list of medication and dosage for my records, i actually sent her about 5 sms till i called her and said come on, what is this….even then she sent an sms not replying the trail of my email. But for me that’s not a problem but to some, its a huge deal. How can Dr. Emeka say he will send her the name of tests to go carry out and till today not send? She, of course is emotional so didn’t follow up, i reminded him when i saw him and till now he hasn’t. I blame her though but she is like since July how can she keep reminding him? So those are the little things they say, i know people react differently when emotional i guess and like i try to remind them it’s still a business. Now, she’s just shut it all out, eating healthy, doing all the massages and believing God. I know how long it took me to get her to try a cycle so i’m quite crushed she’s shut down that phase. I won’t give up though!!

HMMMMMmmmm i don’t plan to see any other doctor besides Dr. Faye oh at George’s. Hubby just feels we haven’t had a second opinion so we shld do that for next cycle. My benin/yoruba blood activates when i am given poor customer services so they had better be weary… :haha:

:dust:

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

I’ve heard good things about Yemisi Bero – Ark. I wonder if any of the Ladies use that hospital can provide more information. TY Bello used her, so my endo friend went there and sings her praises.

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

I’ve heard good things about Yemisi Bero – Ark. I wonder if any of the Ladies use that hospital can provide more information. TY Bello used her, so my endo friend went there and sings her praises.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bosa,:haha: at Benin/Yoruba blood activating :haha: . Maybe it is my Ishan blood that also makes me erupt when I get poor service :haha:

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@nicole ahhh so you are a bini “geh”……..Yes oh our blood can be hot, if you see my aunties!!! I say i’m diluted thanks to yoruba blood i hope :haha:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bosa, I tell you oh. My relatives also have brain touch sometimes :haha:. My Mom is Ibo, so I think that also helped with my own dilution. But when my own brain touch happens, my dear, no be here oh :haha:

Profile gravatar of Funny Girl
    Funny Girl
    Participant
    @Reggy

@bosa and @mrsd,  Dr. Emeka is a nice Dr,  we liked him when we visited first time, DH was so impressed and felt really at home and Rachael was a darling too but after my treatment failed, my calls and messages went unanswered. I was bitter, it was bad that I had to practically hound him to tell me the result of the PT I had done. The bitterness in me could prepare a carton of Alomo biters.

I decided I wasn’t going to use him again but I still refer people there cos he is actually a good and very experienced Dr.

I have also used Regenesis, God forbid bad thing. It was horrible, to crown it all,  last week i read that he was suspended by the Canadian medical board, his offenses were terrible and then he returned home to establish his clinic.

I am using Georges at the moment, using Dr. Faye. @nicole‘s Faye’s eyes pierces deep into my heart so when talking to him i just look down. Seen Dr. Ugwueke few times too and didn’t really flow with him but my friend thinks he is d best Dr. ever.

My best so far is Dr. Penny of SERUM in Greece. That woman is special.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.