Sharing experiences, tips, and support for those on the drug Clomid.

How many cycles should you be on clomid?

10 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Nicole 4 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

I was on clomid for about 4 or 5 cycles. At the end of the 5th cycle, I was advised to take a break as my ovaries seemed a bit swollen. I later read online that a woman must not be on more than 12 clomid cycles in her lifetime, as any longer could lead to major ovarian issues, one of which being cancer.

How many cycles were you/have you been clomid?

Oyefunke Jolly
    Participant
    @Aadetoyin

12 cycles in a lifetime? Wow. I was on it last for about 4 cycles. Planning to try again this month.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

This was one answer, I wanted, considering your comment on the other story @aadetoyin

However, is clomid the only treatment option available to you for now, aside assisted that is?

Oyefunke Jolly
    Participant
    @Aadetoyin

Clomid and progesterone shots is all that my gynea is offering right now. I wish there was a miracle drug or something.

My doc is suggesting IVF but hubby says NO

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@aadetoyin dear, yes oh. Clomid shouldn’t be used for any longer than 12 cycles in a woman’s lifetime. If you’ve had it 4 times already, I would advise only trying it a few more times. Is yours an ovulatory or tubal issue? Or is it male factor?

Oyefunke Jolly
    Participant
    @Aadetoyin

It’s an ovulation problem. I rarely ovulate. So I will be on Clomid for this cycle and also track the follicles.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

How are you doing @aadetoyin, been a while we heard from you.

cc: @nicole, @oluwakemine.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Hello Jolly lady ( @aadetoyin:hugs:

How have you been?

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:hi: :hi: Oyefunke @aadetoyin

Oyefunke Jolly
    Participant
    @Aadetoyin

<p style=”text-align: center;”>@Nicole, @kemmie, @pearl, thanks for checking on me. I am good. Just taking things easy.</p>

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@aadetoyin makes a lot of sense hun. Sometimes, we just need to take that very important step back. I’ll help you follow up with your questions for The Ark hun  :yes:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.