‘Your fertility is what you eat and how you live’ A.M. Adeosun
Ever wondered why ancient Yoruba women were so fertile that they could give birth to children even in their late 50s and only few were barren? Ancient Yoruba women were renowned for their fertility, that twin births were common occurrences and rarely would you find a barren woman. Even a barren woman used to be popular all over the town or village because she would be an exception to natural process.
There used to be like no infertile woman or at most, a maximum of two in the whole town or village that time. The few infertile women that lived that time were not able to be helped because of the causes of their infertility. According to my grandpa (Baba Alagumu Oyan), the cause often were organic (structural or anatomical) in nature, thus, there was a permanent damage to a reproductive organ or there was a developmental problem in the reproductive system. Such women did not menstruate at all (primary amenorrhea), which means they never ovulated at all because of the structural defections. They used to call them Lakriboto. Some of them had damaged womb, ovary, etc.
For those with functional (Physiological) problems like absent menstruation, irregular menstruation, anovulation, hyperprolactinemia, PCOS, endometriosis, unexplained infertility; there were herbs that were recommended in Yorubic Medicine and the problems were easily resolved. Functional cases of female fertility were extremely low or uncommon because of the secrets I am about to reveal, which is majorly Yorubic food or dietary system.
Yorubic Food Therapy or Dietary System for Female Fertility
There are certain foods that were common with these ancient Yoruba women. These foods are even recommended in Yorubic Medicine as female fertility boosters if there is no fibroid or fallopian tube blockage, these foods can actually help you to conceive.
Modem scientific investigations have confirmed the fertility boosting power of some of these Yorubic Medicine female fertility foods, which is attributed to their nutrients (vitamins, minerals, fats etc), antioxidants, phytochemicals and zoochemicals.
Yorubic Female Fertility Boosting Foods
- Yams: Observing Yoruba food system, you will discover that they are majorly yam-based foods. Look at amala (Yam paste), Iyan (pounded yam), Isu jije (sliced and cooked yam), etc Yams especially ewura (Diosarea alata or water yam), esuru (Dioscorea dumetorium or white yam), isu emina (Dioscorea bulbifera, potato yam), Isu igangan (Dioscorea Ceyenensis, yellow yam), etc. contain phytoestrogens and natural progesterone (dioscin) that regulate the estrogen-progesterone balance in women. They convert diosgetion into luteinizing homone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone(FSH), that are essential for ovulation. They stimulate ovulation.
In Yorubic Medicine, we the practitioners usually recommend that yam diet should be consumed between the period of the last day of your menstruation and the beginning of ovulation or for nine days after menstruation.
You can eat pounded yam with Ilasa (soup made with okro leaves), sliced yam with ikan (egg plant), amala, etc. Avoid fried yam if you are seeking for pregnancy.
- Eggs (we prefer local (organic) eggs in Yorubic Medicine): We, practitioners of Yorubic Medicine advise infertile women to be eating local eggs especially during their menstrual period, on the day they see it until the third or fifth day that they finish it and that the eggs should be eaten in the night boiled cooked and not fried or raw.
This is one of the Yorubic Medicine female fertility foods used by ancient Yoruba women. Non-organic (agric) egg was non-existent at all among ancient Yoruba women.
The protein in eggs helps to maintain blood sugar balance and also supply essential amino acids to your body for the synthesis of hormones, cell repair and reproductive function. It is also rich in vitamin B6, which is important in the synthesis of female sex hormones and for regulation of estrogen and progesterone. Other fertility vitamins found in eggs are vitamin B12, vitamin B5, and Vitamin E. Female fertility boosting minerals in egg are zinc, selenium and magnesium. They are also rich in carotenoids and other anti- oxidants.
- Snail: Snail is one of the female fertility boosting super foods in Yorubic Medical System. It is part of many Yorubic Medicine fertility recipes. Studies have shown that snail is rich in selenium, vitamin B12 and Omega-3 fatty acid, all of which are fertility boosting nutrients.
- Catfish: Catfish is common in Yorubic Medicine recipes. We prepare it in the form of aseje for infertile women. Sometimes, we advise them to take it in soup form with black pepper (Iyere) and some of the pepper soup spices. It is confirmed to be rich in Omega-3-fatty acid, a female fertility booster.
- Coconut Water: In Yorubic Medicine, it is usually recommended that women with fertility problems should drink coconut water and eat catfish on the last day of menstruation until ovulation time. Studies have demonstrated that coconut water is rich in sugars, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, enzymes, amino acids, cytokine and phyto- hormones
- Red Palm Oil: This oil is rich in essential fatty acids, antioxidants (lycopen, beta-caroten, and vitamin E) and anti-inflammatory compounds. We used it in Yorubic Medicine to prepare some formulation for infertile women. We, the practitioners of Yorubic Medicine, advise infertile women to form the habit of drinking raw red palm oil (not too much) at least a cover of a bottle per day or two tablespoons per day in the night. It helps to fight free radicals that may be a reason for some women’s infertility.
- Guava: I once talked to a nurse that went to one of the Yoruba villages where no single woman is barren. She was there as part of her nursing course as a student. She interviewed the women in that village for their high fertility rates and she was told that they are fond of eating guava, that no woman living in that village will not eat a guava in a day. Men in the village did the same things, so there is no barren woman in the village. Guava is rich in fertility boosting nutrients like folate, vitamins C, B2, E, niacin, calcium and magnesium.
When eating guava for fertility, masticate (chew) the seeds property for you to enjoy the full spectrum of the fertility boosting nutrients in it. The seeds do not cause appendicitis as suggested by some people ignorant of nutrition
- Fermented locust bean (Iru, Kpeye, Ogilishi): Zinc, Copper and Iron are micro-minerals that are found in fermented locust beans. These minerals especially zinc is a fertility booster for both females and males. It is also rich in magnesium and manganese. These are minerals that have been shown to contribute directly or indirectly to female fertility. Fermented locust bean is found in some of the Yorubic Medicine recipes to boost female fertility.
- Onion: Onion is a fertility food recommend for infertile women in Yorubic Medicine. Studies have shown that onion is rich in Allypropyl disulphides (APDS) and dially disulphide oxide (allicin) coupled with flavonoids). APDS reduce glucose levels by competing with insulin for insulin inactivating sites in the liver. Onion affects the hepatic metabolism of glucose and increases the insulin, prevents insulin destruction. This is good for women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Nile Rat: (Arvicanthis niloticus, emo): there is an ongoing discovery that grass fed animals can help to boost female infertility. They are great source of fatty acids, low in saturated fat and rich in necessary amino acid for female fertility. Nile rate is absolutely organic and we even call it bush meat. Trust me on this one; it can boost your fertility if you eat it once in a week. You can get it from hunters. In Yorubaland, we call it emo or eku emo. Prepare it with pepper soup ingredients and eat.
- Multimamate rat (Mastomys natalensis, Eku Eda): This is another bush meat that can boost female fertility according to Yorubic Medicine. It is also rich in fatty acids and amino acids, low in saturated fats. Prepare it in pepper soup form. Hunters are the source of getting this bush meat.
- Mudfish (Eja obokun): This fish is rich in both omega-3 and omega- 6 fatty acids. Just like catfish, we, practitioners of Yorubic Medicine, often recommend this fish to infertile woman. It does not contain mercury or any heavy metal.
Why are many women infertile today?
The deviation from nature’s foods used by our extremely fertile women of the ancient time and the distraction caused by modern, refined and artificial foods are not without their prices. The price of walking away from our dietary system for some women is infertility. Most fertility problems like PCOS, unexplained infertility, etc can be resolved if this ancient path is taken or returned to.
From my experience, check the eating habits of many infertile women and you will discover women that ‘love’ to go for fast foods, soft drinks, simple carbs, etc and hate to consume nature’s food that can benefit their bodies. Some of them will say they don’t have time for food preparation because of work.
Some of the foods we usually advise women to stop eating during the period of treatment with Yorubic Medicine are soft drinks, refined rice and fast foods. We tell them they can take unrefined rice that has no stones.
Best of success to all TTC women reading this.
Total Cure For Female Infertility at Bioceutic Herbals Enterprise (Home of Fertility Healing and Restoration)
You can get total cure for the following female infertility conditions:
-Polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS)
-Blocked fallopian tube due to PID/infections
-Absent menstruation(premature menopause or ovarian failure)
-Scanty menstrual flow
-Heavy menstrual flow
-Infections e.g. gonorrhoea, pelvic inflammatory disease, candidiasis, chlamydia, syphilis, etc
Why you should consult me:
-I make herbal formulations specific to your infertility condition(s)
-More attention is paid to your treatment until you gain your fertility
-Our female fertility medicines have a track record of getting results
-My medicines come in powders, liquids, soap and creams as prepared in the ancient times
-My formulas are ancient formulas with proven record for success in female fertility treatment
-My treatment are cost-effective
-I send medicines to any part of the country or the world
-My female fertility formulas are effective, safe, with no toxic or harmful side effects because they are well researched and they are harvested in pollution-free environment to prevent heavy metals in the formulations.
-No esoterism, fetishness or incantation is involved in the formulations. They are purely scientific
-They are prepared hygienically and in good condition.
For the treatment of any female infertility condition, you can contact me
- 08060636985 (MTN)
- 09059265469 (GLO)
- 09091539963 (ETISALAT)
Whatsapp number: 08060636985
Office Address: No 12, Osay, Complex, Opp, MM Ibrolak Filling Station, Agbo-Oba, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria.
Thanks for taking your time to read this article.